Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

I've been playing FIFA with Melbourne city and i just realised, we're barely going to use our red and white away kit. Of the 9 teams we can wear it against when we're away, it clashes with WSW, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth. That leaves us with just Sydney, Central coast, Newcastle, wellington and victory. I only think we will use it against Sydney and victory away, as Central coast, Newcastle and wellingtons home kit does not clash with our home kit at all. Thoughts?

did we not just wear our away kit when playing away always? don't think it was a clash policy, we just used the sash strip whenever we played away, i thought.

I've been playing FIFA with Melbourne city and i just realised, we're barely going to use our red and white away kit. Of the 9 teams we can wear it against when we're away, it clashes with WSW, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth. That leaves us with just Sydney, Central coast, Newcastle, wellington and victory. I only think we will use it against Sydney and victory away, as Central coast, Newcastle and wellingtons home kit does not clash with our home kit at all. Thoughts?

Play PES and it won't be a problem

Depressing but pretty likely. 

I'm sure our new owners are all torn up about it......

did we not just wear our away kit when playing away always? don't think it was a clash policy, we just used the sash strip whenever we played away, i thought.

We did. But I thought that was because we had certain differences in the shirt sponsorships for home and away?

If there are no differences in sponsorships then common sense says that the "away" kit should be used only when there is a clash.

how does red and white stripes clash with orange

how does red and white stripes clash with orange

how does it not? And when our home kit is all white I'm pretty sure they will use that

how does red and white stripes clash with orange how does it not? And when our home kit is all white I'm pretty sure they will use that

Bit of a difference between the two I would of thought

post-3268-0-40266300-1411962032_thumb.jppost-3268-0-44467900-1411962039_thumb.jp

post-3268-0-29183600-1411961745_thumb.jp

post-3268-0-97498000-1411961752_thumb.jp

Edited by Fentonthescreamingcactus

how does red and white stripes clash with orange how does it not? And when our home kit is all white I'm pretty sure they will use that

Bit of a difference between the two I would of thought

attachicon.gifroar kit.jpgattachicon.gifwielart kit.jpg

I'm going with the Cactus on this 

• Like 1

Wonder when will rebel sports finally have mcfc new gear

Don't know how people can shop at rebel tbh, everything their is always so overpriced its silly. Looking forward to buying an away top at a home game this season. Agree but when you are given $100 gift card by a relo.......
  • Like 1

I asked them in the store if they have any idea when kits would be arriving.

Got a blank look and a comment "they will arrive when they arrive"

Fukme how is this for customer service!!!

God dammit!! Was that at the Bourke St store?

I was going to pop in tomorrow and have a look, saves me a job at least.

Am tempted just to buy off the Nike website and use the voucher for the away jersey.

Edited by RedAndWhitePride

Don't know how people can shop at rebel tbh, everything their is always so overpriced its silly. Looking forward to buying an away top at a home game this season. Agree but when you are given $100 gift card by a relo.......

You'll be lucky to be able to get a canister of tennis balls with that much mate :D

• Like 1

Don't know how people can shop at rebel tbh, everything their is always so overpriced its silly. Looking forward to buying an away top at a home game this season.Agree but when you are given $100 gift card by a relo.......

You'll be lucky to be able to get a canister of tennis balls with that much mate :D

Surprisingly when in rebel bourke st a couple of weeks ago they had this seasons euro big name jerseys all $90-$100

Theres a place next to vic market that do it for $15

Fuck off.

Really?

Now thats a bargain right there yeah that's where our indoor team got our jerseys customised. Its not the greatest quality though, after a few washes the white lettering and number changed colour to red (the colour of the kit)but i think there's a special way of washing it to avoid that

Yeah would probably prefer to spend the extra cash and not have that happen.

I'd be filthy with myself if i fucked up a kit cause i was to much of a tight ass to pay the extra $25.

For indoor its ok though

yeah i know the place, its not official and would look awful on an official aleague jersey

As for names of the jersey, after buying mine at family day, I think I've decided to just wait and leave it plain at this stage. Just don't have the time or energy to go running around.

Also helps just in the case the player I chose plays terribly :lol:

Soft

Gotta back a bloke and stick with it mate.

I backed a player stuck with it. I copped it in every hole all season but still kept backing him.

I think we al know who that was :droy:

• Like 6

Got my Duff shirt today, quality and fit is amazing, was 2xl with kappa and was still tight, large fits me perfectly.

10632634_10204039834252753_7797708889961

The shirt is quality no doubt I want to purchase a David villa one just hope the free numbering and lettering will hold on to pay day.

The other thing I'm hesitant about is getting a villa top then he comes and play and he is a flop lol

The club will put the name on it, just buy it though them

But there is not an option on the Club Shop website for adding a name.

If you

Call them you can buy it over the phone and then ask for the numbers then. Then you can pick it up or. They send it to you

Can get a name on the back from the Nike store online, but no 2XL.

Can get a 2XL from the Club store, but no names.

Call being made to the club tomorrow. Just a poor state of affairs. 

I'd give nike a call and talk to them about it first.

I think the club will charge another $30 for the name and number printing, but give them a buzz

I think the club will charge another $30 for the name and number printing, but give them a buzz

Hey mate, let us know how you went..

I find it odd that there is no option on the club's store to add the number and name when ordering online.

Come on Melb City, surely you want to capitalise on this seeing that David Villa is coming to play!

Heck, I would even have ready made David Villa jersey to sell on the website for members... Geez..

Rang Nike, they said that they have no clue about it, maybe I just got a clueless staff..

Anyway..

• Like 1

Hey mate, let us know how you went..

I find it odd that there is no option on the club's store to add the number and name when ordering online.

Come on Melb City, surely you want to capitalise on this seeing that David Villa is coming to play!

Heck, I would even have ready made David Villa jersey to sell on the website for members... Geez..

Rang Nike, they said that they have no clue about it, maybe I just got a clueless staff..

Anyway..

Probably clueless staff anyone who works phones for a living is clueless......that reminds me better get back to the phones

Does anyone know if there are any tops similar to the home jersey that can be tried on for fit? I want to make sure I get the right size first time. When I contacted the club they said I could come in and try it on there but they charge an extra $40 for players names and numbers on the shirt, so I'd rather buy it off nike.

Does anyone know if there are any tops similar to the home jersey that can be tried on for fit? I want to make sure I get the right size first time. When I contacted the club they said I could come in and try it on there but they charge an extra $40 for players names and numbers on the shirt, so I'd rather buy it off nike.

maybe a nike jersey from rebel?

Current England national kit which is at rebel. It's pretty much the same kit bar some minor collar differences and we have a stripe