Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

This might be a little redundant given that they have already been designed. But hopefully they still have the third kit comp. I think that was a great initiative. 

Zt9BbY6.png

Like I said on another post, the hearts on the logo seem token now but I think in a few years they will be appreciated. Would love for the club to add it to the home kit. Other than that, the kit looks class. Hopefully we get white shorts and socks too.

Edited by Dylan

^^ was saying this to my mate last week, was playing as city in fifa chose the same kit  and just went how come they don't put a red stripe instead of the darker blue id settle for that.

Baffels me as well, red stripe would have been much better. Who cares about NYC FC which that dark blue is supposed to represent.

Well, kids do know how to cut through the BS and get to the point..

what the actual fuck, is that legit? are we sponsored by etihad on the front?? our home kit legit just looks 100% like man city now

I guess they can 'sell' their IP for $362526262538585827 now. Edited by LR9

Just showed my 6 year old son the new kits. He started to cry. WTF

He can see the future corporatisation of sport I assume.

My 8 year old was having a go at city, asking us why they have changed when he has a Heart shirt, scarf and cap.

LR9, you have hit the nail on the head.

Anyone else think our new home kit has potential to clash with a lot of other teams' away kits? Most clubs had a predominantly white away kit last year. Hopefully this means we'll have to revert to our away kit at most home games.

(I wish)

More likely they will wear their home strip. Another question is how often will City wear the away kit.

Anyone else think our new home kit has potential to clash with a lot of other teams' away kits? Most clubs had a predominantly white away kit last year. Hopefully this means we'll have to revert to our away kit at most home games.

(I wish)

More likely they will wear their home strip. Another question is how often will City wear the away kit.

Most clubs would have sponsorship agreements dictating they have to wear away kits at away games (different home/away sponsors). If we get universal sponsors across our kits, we might be more flexible in avoiding clashes. I am aware there is very minimal logic in this, I just long for the red and white at AAMI Park. :( 

^^ was saying this to my mate last week, was playing as city in fifa chose the same kit  and just went how come they don't put a red stripe instead of the darker blue id settle for that.

Baffels me as well, red stripe would have been much better. Who cares about NYC FC which that dark blue is supposed to represent.

Given the context of the navy blue and sky blue stripes, I reckon 'as well as', rather than 'instead of' would have been the way to go. With the stripes on the home shirt, you're representing NYC and Man C...haven't you forgotten someone?? Navy, sky and red would have been pretty cool and I think even those that are lukewarm on the alliance would have to have admitted that it would have been a pretty cool concept.

On a slightly unrelated note, is there any way to get the leftover player issue/game worn shirts from 2013/14? Do they auction them or something? I'd be very keen to get my hands on one or two...

I think they look nice also. I can't say I'm that worried either way. Was never drawn to Heart because of the colours or logo etc. I came because they gave me a warm fuzzy feeling when they played. As long as they weren't some crazy cammo shit or something I'll deal with it hahahaha. They just look nice and smart. I haven't bought a kit for years anyway !!!