Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

its flying, 8510

also im an idiot, just called membership to see where mine was (ordered in June). For some reason I ordered to pick it up instead of have it delivered. now I gotta line up at the tent at round 2  :droy:

Edited by Cinnamon

8,499. Ticking over consistently which is what you'd expect at this stage. It'll be interesting to see how the arrival of David Villa will impact membership numbers. Obviously positively, but to what extent…have most of the potential members signed on already? Hmm.

I haven't signed on yet and I have one other with me who hasn't either :D

It will scoot past 9k by the first game in Melbourne, it'll get heaps of TV leading up to it (Villa mainly). Final total will be over 10k no worries at all - even if we aren't meeting expectation on field.

its flying, 8510

also im an idiot, just called membership to see where mine was (ordered in June). For some reason I ordered to pick it up instead of have it delivered. now I gotta line up at the tent at round 2 :droy:

I did that last season. It was painless

Yes but we will likely have 50-60% more members by round 2 this year.

Last year we added 500 in the last week leading up to the day before R1 so I reckon 9k is a sure thing.

Then we added 1,400 throughout the season to finish on 7315 so 10k by season's end is a sure thing. 

That'll be around 37% increase on last year's total. At the moment we're on 58.5% so it's a sure thing.

Last year we added 500 in the last week leading up to the day before R1 so I reckon 9k is a sure thing.

Then we added 1,400 throughout the season to finish on 7315 so 10k by season's end is a sure thing. 

That'll be around 37% increase on last year's total. At the moment we're on 58.5% so it's a sure thing.

nigga knows his shiet
  • Like 2

Agreed. Since the beginning of July we have been increasing membership at the same rate as last year but, by then, we had gained an extra 3,000. So if we continue at this rate we will end up with 10,315 members. The only things that will affect this will be:

1. David Villa's arrival and media coverage (and any other big news MCFC can have)

2. Our performance on the field. If it's good we get more members. If it's bad ??

Interested to see if the numbers spike today - 450 (ish) memberships were distributed to kids at Mt Eliza yesterday.

Were they brought or freebies?

They are part of an incentive deal with the soccer club (not free), kids payed part of the price included in their tournament fee.. 

Interested to see if the numbers spike today - 450 (ish) memberships were distributed to kids at Mt Eliza yesterday.

Were they brought or freebies?

They are part of an incentive deal with the soccer club (not free), kids payed part of the price included in their tournament fee.. 

Okay no worries I would presume they would count towards that would tip us over the 9 thousand 

04/10/2012: 4,750

05/10/2013: 5,500 (+15.79%)

05/10/2014: 8,600 (+56.36%)

2d8jqf4.jpg

2aah4pz.jpg

Can I has your data?

Nuh! Do you know how long it took me going through all of last season's and this season's Membership threads collecting this data?

The truth is I'm actually afraid you're gonna shame me with your graphic-designed super-wiz charts and then I'll have no purpose in this world! :wacko: Haha

04/10/2012: 4,750

05/10/2013: 5,500 (+15.79%)

05/10/2014: 8,600 (+56.36%)

2d8jqf4.jpg

2aah4pz.jpg

Can I has your data?

Nuh! Do you know how long it took me going through all of last season's and this season's Membership threads collecting this data?

The truth is I'm actually afraid you're gonna shame me with your graphic-designed super-wiz charts and then I'll have no purpose in this world! :wacko: Haha

So you're going to make me go through all the threads too?

• Like 1

8,676 as of 5pm.

Not exactly a huge day but still solid. One would hope that there is a backlog now being processeds with Villa in town :)

I don't know that we will see a major Villa inspired boost though at this late stage. People knew he was coming for a while now and only those who had to see him actually arrive to believe it would now jump on board to buy a membership.

I can see a lot of short term fans coming to matches though, but it will all depend on translating that interest in Villa into ongoing support for the club.