Melbourne Football

David Villa

kingofhearts

Bought FIFA 15 this morning. Playing as Melbourne City instead of Melbourne Heart is taking some getting used to. But having David Villa up front is pretty fucking awesome. The guy is unstoppable in the A League. Let's hope it's the same in real life! It's still so crazy seeing him in the game in a Melbourne City jersey and remembering that he's actually going to play for us!

• Like 1

Bought FIFA 15 this morning. Playing as Melbourne City instead of Melbourne Heart is taking some getting used to. But having David Villa up front is pretty fucking awesome. The guy is unstoppable in the A League. Let's hope it's the same in real life! It's still so crazy seeing him in the game in a Melbourne City jersey and remembering that he's actually going to play for us!

I bought out all the Melbourne City badges that were on market (about 4) for roughly 300 coins each then sold them for 3000 coins each. 

#tradingwithstrider

• Like 2

Given that tomorrow is Melbourne City's membership day and Tuesday 7th Oct is the official season launch I'm sure will here more about Villa and his arrival. Villa will only be here for a short time I don't think JVS will have any structure built around him, his job will be to get on the end of our attacking play ..

• Like 1

All of this is a bit absurd really. Surely there must be a contract that deals with his involvement with Melbourne City - whatever it is - and those details must be known to both Melbourne and New York.

It's just that no-one is telling us what those details are. There has never been a statement from Melbourne City specifying the duration of his stay, or the terms of it (loan or guest).

It's all just speculation. I'm not sure that that's good for our club, but that's the way it seems to be.

Given that tomorrow is Melbourne City's membership day and Tuesday 7th Oct is the official season launch I'm sure will here more about Villa and his arrival. Villa will only be here for a short time I don't think JVS will have any structure built around him, his job will be to get on the end of our attacking play ..

Which row do you think he'll be sitting in?

• Like 3

Considering the fact that it wasn't long ago that even the thought of a player such as Villa coming to Australia gave reason to give yourself a mental slap to wake up makes me realise just how far the league has come over the last few years. When I read the statement by the club that he is coming next Tuesday I couldn't help but smile. The sheer amazement that we can have a player that has just finished at the very top of the game with one of the best international teams in the world and one of the best club teams in the world play for us even for ten games is incredible. And I would rather he turns up five days prior to the season for our team than for someone else's team.

• Like 6

Agree with many of the above comments, after following his career in Laliga most notably for Barcelona I am very much looking forward to seeing him on the pitch.

He's been training over in NY so I don't think it's an issue really. At the very minimum give him 20 minutes in round 1 and he'll probably score the winner anyway.

Can't wait!

Agree with many of the above comments, after following his career in Laliga most notably for Barcelona I am very much looking forward to seeing him on the pitch.

He's been training over in NY so I don't think it's an issue really. At the very minimum give him 20 minutes in round 1 and he'll probably score the winner anyway.

Can't wait!

Remember, as we understand it, he's here as a guest player. A guest player can feature in a maximum of 10 matches. Each time he's in the actual matchday squad that counts as a match.

You don't waste a bloke like Villa sitting on the bench.

Can't wait!

Remember, as we understand it, he's here as a guest player. A guest player can feature in a maximum of 10 matches. Each time he's in the actual matchday squad that counts as a match.

You don't waste a bloke like Villa sitting on the bench.

True, was merely thinking of round 1 when he may not be quite ready.