Melbourne Football

NRL State Of Origin

KD.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A slow off season.

Thought I'd liven it up with this incredible clip of "the miracle try".  Enjoy.

We were down 12-4 with 6 minutes to go.  Just before this we'd scored but we are still be behind.  The video says it all.

Now the Melbourne City connection is this is the attitude I'd like to see from our side.  Never give up, never give in.  You aren't beaten unless you think you are.

A press story about the come back:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/thats-not-a-try-thats-a-miracle-state-of-origins-best-try-brought-back-to-life/story-fni3fr51-1226928832020

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
11 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Beating NSW never gets old.

I did not watch the match but the main reason I was always go for Queensland is because of the fucken "speacil commentary"... that is always the most satisfying thing about QLD beating NSW.

I dont know how those blokes get hired (They make AFL pundits look like ultimate professionals) because you can pick their bias before any major match. Which goes as follows:

1. They will support anyone over the Storm.
  2. The will support any NSW side over a side from QLD. (Unless it was a massive underdog against Manly.)
  3. They will support any NSW side over Manly.

When I was a kid (Pre Storm and QLD completely dominating State of Origin) the rule: They would support anyone against Manly unless it was the Broncos.

So being a Manly fan (Yes, I am sorry) I always support QLD in State of Origin due to the commentary even though it does not make sense and if I told anyone at Brookvale this they would toss me over the back of the hill.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, cadete said:

I did not watch the match but the main reason I was always go for Queensland is because of the fucken "speacil commentary"... that is always the most satisfying thing about QLD beating NSW.

I dont know how those blokes get hired (They make AFL pundits look like ultimate professionals) because you can pick their bias before any major match. Which goes as follows:

1. They will support anyone over the Storm.
  2. The will support any NSW side over a side from QLD. (Unless it was a massive underdog against Manly.)
  3. They will support any NSW side over Manly.

When I was a kid (Pre Storm and QLD completely dominating State of Origin) the rule: They would support anyone against Manly unless it was the Broncos.

So being a Manly fan (Yes, I am sorry) I always support QLD in State of Origin due to the commentary even though it does not make sense and if I told anyone at Brookvale this they would toss me over the back of the hill.

Actually that makes perfect sense to me.

1.Manly play in white & maroon, so Queensland colours.

2. At the start of State of Origin (ie pre-broncos), no salary cap or draft and Manly had recruited quite a few Queenslanders* and as a club were generous/supportive of us, allowing our players to miss matches to go into camp (no byes in those days and NSW didn't go into camp, essentially due to their hubris.)

* eg Chris "choppy" Close, Paul Vautin and Paul McCabe (all internationals), plus Bruce Walker.

It is worth remembering that in that era Manly had so many internationals that they even had them running around in reserve grade and one year (1986 I believe) actually had their reserve grade hooker (Ray Brown) picked on the Kangaroo tour to England.

So maybe the older guys who know the history of the club will be less violent than you imagine.

34 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Actually that makes perfect sense to me.

1.Manly play in white & maroon, so Queensland colours.

2. At the start of State of Origin (ie pre-broncos), no salary cap or draft and Manly had recruited quite a few Queenslanders* and as a club were generous/supportive of us, allowing our players to miss matches to go into camp (no byes in those days and NSW didn't go into camp, essentially due to their hubris.)

* eg Chris "choppy" Close, Paul Vautin and Paul McCabe (all internationals), plus Bruce Walker.

It is worth remembering that in that era Manly had so many internationals that they even had them running around in reserve grade and one year (1986 I believe) actually had their reserve grade hooker (Ray Brown) picked on the Kangaroo tour to England.

So maybe the older guys who know the history of the club will be less violent than you imagine.

Yeah, I know there has always been a link between us and QLD even with just the colours alone pre-Broncos.

Still those blokes on the hill are fucken weird...