Melbourne Football

NRL State Of Origin

KD.

Come on Mighty Maroons! Grind the sky blues 'roaches into the dust for another year. It ain't sad. Sad is watching your best players head south year after year and return in the hated sky blue to slaughter your next bunch of kids. Sweet Revenge is what we have now

NRL highlights everything that's  wrong with Rugby League AGAIN.

A player does a spear tackle in State of Origin but because its a show case game he's not sent off (even though a Rugby league player is still in hospital with a spinal injury from earlier this season) and then, because he's from NSW, they downgrade the charge so he can play in the next game.

Last year Lewis (NSW) did a spear and again it got a wink and a nod.

When will player welfare be taken seriously?  Someone have to die??

NRL highlights everything that's  wrong with Rugby League AGAIN.

A player does a spear tackle in State of Origin but because its a show case game he's not sent off (even though a Rugby league player is still in hospital with a spinal injury from earlier this season) and then, because he's from NSW, they downgrade the charge so he can play in the next game.

Last year Lewis (NSW) did a spear and again it got a wink and a nod.

When will player welfare be taken seriously?  Someone have to die??

Probably because the ARL runs the rep games and the NRL runs the club comp. Agree there needs to be constancy.

Unfortunately all the ARL spend their time doing is the NSW reps trying to get one up on QLD and vice-versa.  The game is a distant second and player welfare - what's that?  This infighting is the main reason why Rugby League has been left behind by the other codes.

In regards the judiciary Its not just about consistency - spear tackles are extremely dangerous.  Players have actually died and of course there are the quadriplegic cases.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

How was it bull? There was clearly no downward pressure.

Well there clearly was, but it wasn't disallowed for that, it was disallowed for the tap by slater on the blue (the tap you didn't notice).

Anyway the team who lifts to "normal origin standard" will win this game.

How was it bull? There was clearly no downward pressure.

Well there clearly was, but it wasn't disallowed for that, it was disallowed for the tap by slater on the blue (the tap you didn't notice).

Anyway the team who lifts to "normal origin standard" will win this game.

Really? I thought it was for no downward pressure (I was coming back from the loo when it happened).

Either way, I agree very dull game. Qld always dangerous particularly when under pressure so NSW definitely need to score again before I will feel comfortable.

Having said that, Qld don't seem their usual selves

It's exactly like watching a heart game. For the whole second second half you knew it was coming. And when it finally happens you are surprised the damage hasn't been worse

No, if it was a heart game the forces of darkness would have scored at the death, despite playing like crap for 40 minutes.
  • Like 1

I had money on NSW with the special odds that Ladbrokes gave...

I wish I hadn't except for a part of the first half where their Starting Forwards were controlling things they played very poorly and QLD should have won by a couple of more tries. The second half was particularly poor - The NSW backline had as much movement and creatively in the Second Half as an ageing DMAC. 

Even then it still shits me why they didn't go for the Field Goal when they were camped under the sticks only to rush one late from a stupid position and by their Non Designated Kicker.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...