• Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Tottenham
    • Chelsea
    • Newcastle
    • Sunderland
    • Manchester United
    • Other

Arsenal for me. Went round to my Uncle's house at the age of 12 for the afternoon and had nothing to do so I switched on the TV and stumbled across Arsenal vs Southampton in the 02/03 season. Had no idea which teams were good or bad or whatever, I'd never watched a football match in my life as most people had advised me against it because apparently it was a 'shit, boring sport'. I decided I'd give it a go and really enjoyed the game. Despite Arsenal losing something drew me to them, they played fast and and I liked their kit so I decided they were my team.

I'm currently lucky enough to have been able to get over to London for the last month and attend some matches for the first time, and even experienced an FA Cup victory and the celebrations in Islington...absolutely amazing stuff!

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 3

I'm a Crewe Alexandra Fan. Choose them on a whim in FIFA and started a career mode with them. Ended up beating my mates who played with Real Madrid and Barca because I played with them so much. Then one day I turn on fox sports and see the first game of the League Two Playoff with Crewe in it! ( Didn't know they were a possibility for promotion as they were the worst rated team in FIFA that year) I then watched the 3 games including Crewe's amazing comeback against Southend United (16 year old Max Clayton scoring the winning goal after coming back from 2-Nill down) Crewe's first ever trip to Wembley, Nick Powell's wonder goal (which added 2 million to his price tag) and fell in love completely with Crewe and the game( they'd also gone unbeaten in 18 games to scrape into the last promotion place.) I found out later that they produce nearly all their players from their academy and area punching well above their weight with the second lowest wage budget in the Football League. Been watching ever since then.

Edited by JoyfulPenguin
  • Like 2

I'm a Crewe Alexandra Fan. Choose them on a whim in FIFA and started a career mode with them. Ended up beating my mates who played with Real Madrid and Barca because I played with them so much. Then one day I turn on fox sports and see the first game of the League Two Playoff with Crewe in it! ( Didn't know they were a possibility for promotion as they were the worst rated team in FIFA that year) I then watched the 3 games including Crewe's amazing comeback against Southend United (16 year old Max Clayton scoring the winning goal after coming back from 2-Nill down) Crewe's first ever trip to Wembley, Nick Powell's wonder goal (which added 2 million to his price tag) and fell in love completely with Crewe and the game( they'd also gone unbeaten in 18 games to scrape into the last promotion place.) I found out later that they produce nearly all their players from their academy and area punching well above their weight with the second lowest wage budget in the Football League. Been watching ever since then.

Any club that produces Dean Ashton is a good club by me.

Taking inspiration from my username, my interest has skipped around a few different clubs.

Mainly supporting beautiful football, I watched a number of the ugliest sides to watch over the years, most notably stoke.

Then one morning in Berlin after crashing a stag do & inviting ourselves for the duration of a messy 4 days with a few English lads, it was Brighton Hove & Albion.

Didn't have much of a choice.

"Brighton, that's your team in England."

And heart became theirs.

I mostly follow motherwell given it's my old mans local club and I don't have the interest to be locked into the religion battle in Glasgow (apologies for any offended)

• Like 1

Derby County for me, but I have always supported other leagues with a lot more passion than the English.

Reasons behind supporting the Rams are that my Mother's family can trace their family back to certain peasent farmers in Derbyshire, The kit similarity to the German national team and Kiwi origins leading to me being called a Sheep Shagger for a lengthy period.

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal for me. Went round to my Uncle's house at the age of 12 for the afternoon and had nothing to do so I switched on the TV and stumbled across Arsenal vs Southampton in the 02/03 season. Had no idea which teams were good or bad or whatever, I'd never watched a football match in my life as most people had advised me against it because apparently it was a 'shit, boring sport'. I decided I'd give it a go and really enjoyed the game. Despite Arsenal losing something drew me to them, they played fast and and I liked their kit so I decided they were my team.

I'm currently lucky enough to have been able to get over to London for the last month and attend some matches for the first time, and even experienced an FA Cup victory and the celebrations in Islington...absolutely amazing stuff!

You came so close King Malta  :rolleyes:

I understand you not wanting to follow an English club like Southampton F.C. ( we are a plastic / bandwagon free zone )

When you could have a foot in both camps by picking Arsenal,then enjoying the Saints best youth.

• 5 weeks later...

Dad's family lived in Ilford before moving to Australia. Grandpa was a Yid.

Got to see van der Vaart score a brace against Villa in '10, and oversaw AVB's last two games in December last year. Possibly, but hopefully not, the last time I saw Spurs at The Lane and we got smashed 5-0 by the Scousers. Shocking game, none of them looked interested. You could see the disconnect within the team. The next day AVB was sacked.

Ahh, the life of a Spurs fan!

Man city, because they have lots of money and just won the premier league. I used to follow Chelsea but they don't win as much or spend as much. Thinking of supporting Monaco if Man city don't win next year....

I support Arsenal. It is my familys team. Dad is a Norf londonite

Aren't Arsenal from the South?

Man city, because they have lots of money and just won the premier league. I used to follow Chelsea but they don't win as much or spend as much. Thinking of supporting Monaco if Man city don't win next year....

Aren't Arsenal from the South? ....

Aren't Arsenal from the South? ....

?

Arsenal are from North London. They contest the North London derby with Tottenham. They are commonly referred to as "The North Londoners"

Except they're from Woolwich. :D

Yes, but considering Middlesex wasn't actually a part of London until 1965 we were actually a North London side before you were  ;)

Arsenal are from North London. They contest the North London derby with Tottenham. They are commonly referred to as "The North Londoners"

Except they're from Woolwich. :D

Yes, but considering Middlesex wasn't actually a part of London until 1965 we were actually a North London side before you were  ;)

Conceded.

Fuckin' gypsies!

• 2 weeks later...

I go for Tottenham because of Danny Blanchflower's famous quote.

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." 

For me that is the perfect ideology with which to play sport, better to lose in a blaze of glory than win through 1-0 bores. 
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

No one will beleive me but it's Manchester City since 2005.

Dad basically told me I had to hate United and I thought it had to be done. I never really watched EPL becuase I am more of a la liga and Madrid man but in 2005 I thought it was time to follow the EPL consistently and I didn't want to go for a top 4 side and City were an average side who hate United and I wanted to have fun supporting an underdog and pissing of people when we won.

I tried so hard to pick a low team so I wasnt called a bandwagoner and in the end I am left looking like a massive bandwagoner.

I must say though, going for a low team who you would never think would win the EPL and they eventually win one within a decade after you started going for them is one of the best feelings. I love the club and last year when it was clear they were going to buy us, it was just awsome.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

There's a poll at the thread start.

OOPs me bad.

OK so people have diverse tastes. I wonder how many though have the hate feeling for some other clubs. have an English mate who is an Everton man and he absolutely loathes with a passion Liverpool. When there were rumours that Liverpool were going to buy MV - he was ready to tear up his membership.

11 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

OOPs me bad.

OK so people have diverse tastes. I wonder how many though have the hate feeling for some other clubs. have an English mate who is an Everton man and he absolutely loathes with a passion Liverpool. When there were rumours that Liverpool were going to buy MV - he was ready to tear up his membership.

Can't speak for anyone else but as a Liverpool fan I am some what short of love for Man U.

I am neutral towards Man city but doesn't mean I want to support "Melchester City", be considered part of CFGs global supporters (citizens) or really have anything at all to do with Man City or indeed New York City (who play in some pointless seppo competition).

8 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Can't speak for anyone else but as a Liverpool fan I am some what short of love for Man U.

I am neutral towards Man city but doesn't mean I want to support "Melchester City", be considered part of CFGs global supporters (citizens) or really have anything at all to do with Man City or indeed New York City (who play in some pointless seppo competition).

I don't mind being part of the CFG but I won't care too much about the fate of Man City or NYCFC. Although I would prefer that all of these clubs have a unique selling point compared to the other clubs in the group. Taking the franchise concept, the whole CFG is like Maccas but each country can have an item that is available locally.

• 2 weeks later...

FOREST!  The Tricky Trees.  First saw them in 1984.  Lived in the UK for 20 years, several of those years in Nottingham. Many happy matches viewed, home and away.   And I've met more than a few Forest fans at Heart/City fixtures.  UUUUUUUUUUU Reds!

Edited by CityWildcat

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

My Heart will always be with Wimbledon FC now AFC Wimbledon. When i was growing in the 90's up they where underdogs and i loved that and they still are but the supporters keep finding a way to keep the club going and maybe even build a new stadium which is badly needed.

Would love to make my way to London one day and watch Wimbledon play hopefully at their new/old ground/home Plough Lane in a few years.

I find it annoying when people refer to the club as AFC the club should simply be called Wimbledon because it is a continuation of Wimbledon FC who where stolen.

In Saying all this i dont hate MK Dons i respect their youth set up and if anything they have done good things for their area. What gets on my nerves is the way Wimbledon FC where stolen.

League 1 again next season for Wimbledon, club just needs to find a way to stay up until it builds its new stadium only then can it target the championship.

Edited by AlwaysHeart

• 3 weeks later...

Macclesfield Town, who currently play Conference National.  Got beat in the FA Trophy just recently ( like the League Cup but for teams who play in the four divisions directly below the "four big leagues" in England)

Started way back in the days of Championship Manager 2 when you'd sometimes try the the challenge of building a minnow from the lowest league in England to seeing them win the Champions League.

33 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

Macclesfield Town, who currently play Conference National.  Got beat in the FA Trophy just recently ( like the League Cup but for teams who play in the four divisions directly below the "four big leagues" in England)

Started way back in the days of Championship Manager 2 when you'd sometimes try the the challenge of building a minnow from the lowest league in England to seeing them win the Champions League.

I follow (not 'support') Port Vale. Same deal, played with them on early FIFAs. Interesting fact though, before League One and League Two were in FIFA, Port Vale were included in the 'Rest of the World' teams as they were in League Two at the time. Robbie Williams who is a life member of the club had one of his songs as the main soundtrack on the game and as part of the deal he wanted Port Vale to be in the game.  Also when Port Vale almost fell in liquidation a few years ago, Robbie Williams bought them out as a major share holder, now I think the fans are a majority share holder.

Port Vale's 2016/17 season in League One looked promising, got a new manager from the Portuguese League, signed a high number of overseas players (very uncommon in League One) mainly from the Portuguese League. But about 15 games into the season everything turned to shit, losing games they should of won, conceding goals in the last 5 minutes. As a result the manager was sacked but their form didn't improve and were relegated to League Two after finishing 3rd last.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, haz said:

I follow (not 'support') Port Vale. Same deal, played with them on early FIFAs. Interesting fact though, before League One and League Two were in FIFA, Port Vale were included in the 'Rest of the World' teams as they were in League Two at the time. Robbie Williams who is a life member of the club had one of his songs as the main soundtrack on the game and as part of the deal he wanted Port Vale to be in the game.  Also when Port Vale almost fell in liquidation a few years ago, Robbie Williams bought them out as a major share holder, now I think the fans are a majority share holder.

Port Vale's 2016/17 season in League One looked promising, got a new manager from the Portuguese League, signed a high number of overseas players (very uncommon in League One) mainly from the Portuguese League. But about 15 games into the season everything turned to shit, losing games they should of won, conceding goals in the last 5 minutes. As a result the manager was sacked but their form didn't improve and were relegated to League Two after finishing 3rd last.

That's where I find it funny; you have this passing interest because of some odd reason that u just see news article after news article after news article you think news worthy for this small club

And that's when it eventually hits you; the care factor comes through because you want to see where the club is at, despite whether you are in the Premier league or not

And that's why i Iove supporting my club; it's not like the the some of the bullshit with any number of clubs where the "news" sometimes feels generated because of the need to get the rhetoric out there that "hey we're some big club because of the league we play in"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattyh001 said:

That's where I find it funny; you have this passing interest because of some odd reason that u just see news article after news article after news article you think news worthy for this small club

And that's when it eventually hits you; the care factor comes through because you want to see where the club is at, despite whether you are in the Premier league or not

And that's why i Iove supporting my club; it's not like the the some of the bullshit with any number of clubs where the "news" sometimes feels generated because of the need to get the rhetoric out there that "hey we're some big club because of the league we play in"

UOTYH: Supporting a big team ie. Real Marid, Barca, Chelsea, Man City etc. must be fucking boring.  Imagine being a 10 year long plus supporter of Leicester last season, it would be a once in a life accomplishment.

• Like 1