Melbourne Football

James Brown

GreenSeater

• 2 months later...

This is great! At last we are talking about whether a player should keep their spot knowing that there are others hungry to replace him that are as good or even better. For me I thought that he did well and whether he deserves to keep his spot depends upon who may replace him and whether the game plan changes.

• Like 1

I'm a bit surprised at some of the posts about James Brown. To me he looks quite a good pick-up for City, and he's shown that he can come into the first team and do the job. He scored twice in our three matches in England, and came very close against Sydney. I'd have rated him ahead of some of the others we have on our books, e.g. Kalmar. 

If Browny had managed to sneak that strike under the cross bar, it would have done wonders for his season.

He strikes me as a player who needs game time to grow into a role (and a club) and i doubt if he's going to get that with our current lineup- as it stands he has to show "he's ready" to push out the other candidates.  A goal like that would have done wonders for his confidence and got the gaffer's attention.