Melbourne Football

UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifying

Young Polak

northern ireland are on maximum points after beating greece

republic of ireland robbing the germans at the death with a draw.

polska and ireland are equal top spot with a one game advantage from 3rd place

romania 2nd, would be interesting to have them qualify for the 2016 tournament

lol what? So the Paddies hold the world champs to one goal in Germany and then equalise late and somehow you think that's Germany being robbed? Wtf? Come on mate, Credit where it's due.

• Like 1

Ok ok,

Yeah it was a tough match for both sides but reading it as though they equalized virtually as the last kick of the game. "Robbing" was probably not the right choice but from a German's perspective it would have been heartbreaking to concede that late. Oh well on the plus side they are equalled points on first place. It will be a cracker between them and Scotland no doubt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1j7mxMwm98

LOL wtf are Albanian players thinking?

Serbian Foreign Minister Ivica Dacic was quoted on the website of Serbian daily Blic as saying: "This was a political provocation.

"The main question for me is how will the European Union and UEFA react, because if someone from Serbia had unveiled a flag of Greater Serbia in Tirana or Pristina (capital of Kosovo) it would already be on the agenda of the U.N. Security Council."

This.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/serbias-euro-2016-qualifier-with-albania-abandoned-after-brawl-20141015-1165e9.html#ixzz3GCoNCymg

northern ireland are on maximum points after beating greece

republic of ireland robbing the germans at the death with a draw.

polska and ireland are equal top spot with a one game advantage from 3rd place

romania 2nd, would be interesting to have them qualify for the 2016 tournament

lol what? So the Paddies hold the world champs to one goal in Germany and then equalise late and somehow you think that's Germany being robbed? Wtf? Come on mate, Credit where it's due.

I watched the whole 90 minutes, Germany literally controlled the game for over an hour so it's pretty accurate.

For fucks sake, one of the Albanian players saying how they were scared for their lives etc. :droy:

The whole thing escalated because they went and attacked the Serbian player who was taking the flag off the drone so the game could continue.

Incite violence, then play the victim :droy:

• Like 1

How does Bogdanov keep doing it? :lawl:

Italy-v-Serbia-in-Genoa-011.jpg

Calls off a WC qualifier in Genoa in 2010.

ivan2-26e7a4f109710ed8a209bf78d2c32c77.j

Subsequently arrested and jailed for 2 years.

Next day out of jail, back to leading the Delije on the terraces.

Ivan-Bogdanov.jpg

Avoids a travel ban to go to Ukraine, and spotted in a riot against Chornomorets Odessa in ELQs.

bogdanov.jpg

And after all that, still manages to get into ANOTHER qualifer, get on the pitch, attack some players and get another international match called off.

68864a3e-e169-4de5-98bf-361c0b21ce1b-460

Incredible :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by FB.
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

We should have put two past the Italians

Perisic should have buried it at the end.

Still never lost to the Italians (y).

Thought we played some great football today, happy for Kovac to take us to the Euros despite some of the criticism he has been copping. Has only failed in one game so far in charge (Mexico @ the WC)

Think this current crop of players is better than the 98' WC team on paper. After the way we went out @ Euro 2012 im expecting this team to make the Semis in 2016 given there will be an abundance of mediocre teams. All the luck of the draw I suppose.

Edited by MaliMate
  • Like 1

We should have put two past the Italians

Perisic should have buried it at the end.

Still never lost to the Italians (y).

Thought we played some great football today, happy for Kovac to take us to the Euros despite some of the criticism he has been copping. Has only failed in one game so far in charge (Mexico @ the WC)

Think this current crop of players is better than the 98' WC team on paper. After the way we went out @ Euro 2012 im expecting this team to make the Semis in 2016 given there will be an abundance of mediocre teams. All the luck of the draw I suppose.

I'm just hoping to see us one day live up to the team that's on paper

• Like 1

Been saying for a while Croatia is pretty much the best footballing nation per capita in the world. I think only Uruguay would be up there with them. If they had the population of Brazil, they'd be unbeatable.

Edited by Tesla

• 4 months later...

Bump.

What matches you guys will be watching tomorrow?

How you reckon we'll go 2moro morning?

I reckon the Irish will do what everyone else has been doing and double teaming Lewa allowing Milik space to pass and shoot. 

Ive been impressed by Mila too, even though I've been giving him shit for years. No Kuba or piszczek is a worry but I reckon we'll be ok.

Predicting 2-1

Edited by HeartFc

Bump.

What matches you guys will be watching tomorrow?

How you reckon we'll go 2moro morning?

I reckon the Irish will do what everyone else has been doing and double teaming Lewa allowing Milik space to pass and shoot. 

Ive been impressed by Mila too, even though I've been giving him shit for years. No Kuba or piszczek is a worry but I reckon we'll be ok.

Predicting 2-1

i'm predicting a low scoring scrappy game, a draw is what i'm expecting but if Poland do manage a win it will be very handy when they face Ireland at home in the last fixture (I think). I dont believe lew would make a big impact. Milik and Glik have been going pretty well for their clubs. I'm putting money on Glik to be Poland's best man on the field and may even score a goal, since he usually has been putting in some into the net to win games for Torino late in the game

Edited by Young Polak

utter shit performance 2nd half and a sorry sight of sportsmanship from Poland, not surprised it's 1-1 now

LOL just disgusting. Started defending like it was the 90th minute from the 50th minute. Never should've been a corner coz fab was fouled but they can't complain.

• Like 1