Melbourne Football

UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifying

Young Polak

Based on what?

PZPN has made an absolute rabble of proud footballing nation and until all the corrupt pieces of shit running the joint are fucked off we'll be the same ol underachievers we have been for the past 20+ years. All they do is hire their mates and drink piss. World class players like Lewandowski can't do shit when every manager we have is some burak who wins the ekstraklasa and thinks he's Guus Hiddink. Until we clean out PZPN and hire a forgien manager we won't go anywhere.

• Like 1

I agree with your assessment of PZPN

FIFA has learned how to be corrupt from the board that's living in the pass glory days.

"If you can call 3rd place glory"

Talent is there, all we need is a decent manager without any links to the old guard.

If we screw it up like we did 2 years ago I will burn my scarf in public when I go there.

• 4 months later...

Am I the only one that doesn't see a problem with the England squad? Don't understand why is a big deal in the media. More than half of the team is 24 or under, and still they 'play' for big clubs. It's called a rebuilding phase, it happens after a 'golden generation'. Probably unrealistic expectations more than anything, won 1 WC almost 50 years ago and think they're a footballing power house :droy:

It's a good squad for a nation of their level.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that doesn't see a problem with the England squad? Don't understand why is a big deal in the media. More than half of the team is 24 or under, and still they 'play' for big clubs. It's called a rebuilding phase, it happens after a 'golden generation'. Probably unrealistic expectations more than anything, won 1 WC almost 50 years ago and think they're a footballing power house :droy:

It's a good squad for a nation of their level.

It's a mix of unrealistic expectations and a bit of fans wanting their favourites in the squad (Such as most hammers fans with Nobel), Also a past trend for players not to be dropped despite sub par performances because they play for a big club (Cleverly). I thought the squad performed quite well this morning, then you have English fans who think the only reason we won is because switzerland are a very limited side with no inspiration or flair :hmm: . Fact is we won our toughest (paper) group match 0-2 and fans still want more or believe it was due to the other team being average.  Even if England won a world cup they'd find something to complain about.

• 4 weeks later...

Netherlands/Turkey both up shit creek now.

I thought now with 3 teams advancing through (3rd place goes to play-offs) that Turkey might have a chance but now we're playing like complete shit and everyone's given up...

Oh well, I'll just have to continue reminiscing about the 2002 WC and 2008 Euros...