Melbourne Football

General World Football Chat

Baresi

One of the greatest footballers ever and lifted Argentina to the next level. Regarding his off the field stuff, I've certainly heard some strong debate over his lifestyle and the fact that he was a raging communist. I learnt a lot about him after travelling to Argentina a couple times. A god a to many, satan to others. 

• 4 months later...

Isn't it magnificent to see PEOPLE POWER stick it right up the greedy bastards, including the owners of Melbourne City? 

Serves them right.  Humilitating climbdown.

Tell you one more thing.... Liverpool FC's ''statement'' today has absolutely enraged the club's supporters even more than the original propsal did.  Not one word of regret or apology or even a mention of the fans...just ''stakeholders''....ahahahahaaa.....  and the Glazers will never be seen at Old Trafford (EDITED!) again.  There would be a riot inside the stadium to see who could be first to lynch them.  Serves them right.

Edited by CityWildcat

20 minutes ago, CityWildcat said:

Isn't it magnificent to see PEOPLE POWER stick it right up the greedy bastards, including the owners of Melbourne City? 

Serves them right.  Humilitating climbdown.

Tell you one more thing.... Liverpool FC's ''statement'' today has absolutely enraged the club's supporters even more than the original propsal did.  Not one word of regret or apology or even a mention of the fans...just ''stakeholders''....ahahahahaaa.....  The Glazers will never be seen at Anfield again.  There would be a riot inside the stadium to see who could be first to lynch them.  Serves them right.

The Glazers were probably never welcome at Anfield.

Especially after they bought Manchester United.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

scary whats happened to Eriksen.  bloke's 29 and would be uber fit / in shape.

makes me wonder if there is much that can be done to prevent it.  you hear of / see the odd case (Marc Vivien Foe, Fabrice Muamba - can vividly remember watching that one live), and IFRC Tony Vidmar missed the 2006 WC due to an irregular heart beat.

hope Eriksen is ok (which sounds like he will be). really feel for the family and teammates too.

• Like 1

Fwiw he did get the covid vaccine 12 days prior. Not sure which one he got but it in rare circumstances it has caused death. Not saying it is or it isn't but relevant given the circumstances. Reality is it could be one of many causes. 

Edited by n i k o

15 hours ago, n i k o said:

Fwiw he did get the covid vaccine 12 days prior. Not sure which one he got but it in rare circumstances it has caused death. Not saying it is or it isn't but relevant given the circumstances. Reality is it could be one of many causes. 

That being the case I really am surprised he was playing. There's so much information floating around that it's hard to sort the wheat from the chaff. But I have read that it is the period 4-20 days after the first injection that is the critical one, but whether that's one particular vaccine or all of them heaven knows. He presumably has some underlying condition that has not been previously detected.

There are 2,000 unexplained deaths of under-50s from cardiac arrest each year in Australia. (https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-25/cardiac-arrests-cost-australian-economy-2b-victoria-study-finds/100092926)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/06/2021 at 6:59 AM, jw1739 said:

That being the case I really am surprised he was playing. There's so much information floating around that it's hard to sort the wheat from the chaff. But I have read that it is the period 4-20 days after the first injection that is the critical one, but whether that's one particular vaccine or all of them heaven knows. He presumably has some underlying condition that has not been previously detected.

There are 2,000 unexplained deaths of under-50s from cardiac arrest each year in Australia. (https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-25/cardiac-arrests-cost-australian-economy-2b-victoria-study-finds/100092926/)

They happen all over the world, and few people can explain. Unless it's Dr. House 😶

Edited by Pokitren

• 1 year later...