Melbourne Football

***Help Keep the Red & White***

FB.

ill chip in some money on monday once i get paid. make sure we tell everyone going to the game to wear the red and white. no excuses not to wear it on what could potentially be the last game under the heart moniker. got to go out with a bang and show how much we care about the club. 

I really hope this campaign doesn't get overlooked by the media and the general public because of the focus on it being Harry's final game.

We're doing our best to ensure that doesn't happen! If you have any ideas though, it would be great to hear them.

I know you guys are, you're doing an outstanding job which is exactly the reason why I'd be so peeved if our message didn't get across!

Don't really have any ideas to contribute at this stage as the promotion across social media has been really good so far, we just all need to collectively keep pitching in.

Is there any possible way we could get any of the players to publicly endorse what we're trying to do?

So we have exceeded our target for our initial idea but I ask all to donate who are intending to in the coming days to still do so as funds that we use will all be going towards a possible banner and other things on the day. If we do receive a great influx of donations and we have exhausted all ideas for the campaign then the money will be going towards trumpet repairs and new drum skins so rest assured your money is being put to good use!

And also a big thank you to everyone who has donated!

Edited by RoyalHeart
  • Like 5

I really hope this campaign doesn't get overlooked by the media and the general public because of the focus on it being Harry's final game.

We're doing our best to ensure that doesn't happen! If you have any ideas though, it would be great to hear them.

I know you guys are, you're doing an outstanding job which is exactly the reason why I'd be so peeved if our message didn't get across!

Don't really have any ideas to contribute at this stage as the promotion across social media has been really good so far, we just all need to collectively keep pitching in.

Is there any possible way we could get any of the players to publicly endorse what we're trying to do?

Would live to be able to get a player/s on board, but I'd suspect they'd not be allowed to comment on this kind of thing... hopefully I am wrong though!

We're doing our best to ensure that doesn't happen! If you have any ideas though, it would be great to hear them. I know you guys are, you're doing an outstanding job which is exactly the reason why I'd be so peeved if our message didn't get across!

Would live to be able to get a player/s on board, but I'd suspect they'd not be allowed to comment on this kind of thing... hopefully I am wrong though!

I thought as much  :hmm: 

The key for me is to get all of the Cat. A/B and GA members involved in the visual sense, there's got to be at least one moment in the game where we can call upon everyone Heart fan in the stadium to throw red and white shit everywhere and go nuts.

Just thinking. It would be a great visual if the red&white placards were held up amongst large groups of fans. I'd imagine if everyone in the active supporter sections and people around were involved it'd be looking good on TV. It would have less of a visual impact if the placards were spread thinly around the ground. I'm sure this is all being thought through. 100% great work so far everyone.

just an idea, how much does it cost to hire a sign writing plane? Red and white smoke over the ground, or even a banner?

I think sign writing would be too hard- too many words, clouds etc. But a banner like the "Moyes out" one would be great. 

"Keep the Red and White" 

This would attract so much more attention than any placards, balloons etc.

Maybe we could get a company to do it cheaper for a good cause- and we tweet their company details etc. 

$3500 is only 100 people at $35. If we don't have that many people willing to chip in $35 then we don't deserve to keep the colours. 

I pledged $25 and I'm broke but if we go for some big idea like this I would easy add another $50. 

Also the tie in with the Moyes Out banner might get some media exposure in the UK "Aussie Fans make "Moyes Out" like statement over possible Man City plan to change kit colours."

just an idea, how much does it cost to hire a sign writing plane? Red and white smoke over the ground, or even a banner?

I think sign writing would be too hard- too many words, clouds etc. But a banner like the "Moyes out" one would be great. 

"Keep the Red and White" 

Maybe we could get a company to do it cheaper for a good cause- and we tweet their company details etc. 

$3500 is only 100 people at $35. If we don't have that many people willing to chip in $35 then we don't deserve to keep the colours. 

I pledged $25 and I'm broke but if we go for some big idea like this I would easy add another $50. 

Also the tie in with the Moyes Out banner might get some media exposure in the UK "Aussie Fans make "Moyes Out" like statement over possible Man City plan to change kit colours."

Backed hard. I reckon we should at least give this a shot, would be awesome and we really have nothing to lose by attempting. Maybe the guys in charge of funds can shine some light on whether or not this is achievable along side the current plans.

"Keep the Red and White"

Backed hard. I reckon we should at least give this a shot, would be awesome and we really have nothing to lose by attempting. Maybe the guys in charge of funds can shine some light on whether or not this is achievable along side the current plans. I can only speak for myself, but this would actually be insane if we could achieve it and very hard to ignore. Would need some serious donations in the next 48 hours (on top of everybody's fantastic generosity so far) to have a crack at making it happen, as on top of the cost they also charge insurance, taking the total up to almost $4,000...

Edited by milanista93

"Keep the Red and White"

Also the tie in with the Moyes Out banner might get some media exposure in the UK "Aussie Fans make "Moyes Out" like statement over possible Man City plan to change kit colours." Backed hard. I reckon we should at least give this a shot, would be awesome and we really have nothing to lose by attempting. Maybe the guys in charge of funds can shine some light on whether or not this is achievable along side the current plans. I can only speak for myself, but this would actually be insane if we could achieve it and very hard to ignore. Would need some serious donations in the next 48 hours (on top of everybody's fantastic generosity so far) to have a crack at making it happen, as on top of the cost they also charge insurance, taking the total up to almost $4,000...

I'm not sure about the licensing requirements for pulling banners especially near the CBD, but i will hit up a couple of pilot friends and see what they know about it.

Keep it very simple.. Just a "RED & WHITE" banner ought to work

No "Keep the Red & White" Cut out the "the" and "&" for sky writing.

Be consistent with the social media message.

Not sure about the sky writing, will there be enough light to see it around kick off?

If the ground is a wash with "Keep the Red & White" Cards that people can flash at the cameras they then message can't be missed. Combined with the Yarraside doing their thing I can't see how fox can miss the message, or the Journo's.

Edited by Rellum

Regarding any planes flying over, I have already enquired about that. No planes are allowed to fly over the area unless they are commercial or private jets.

My neighbour has an airplane parked in his driveway not sure why, but I'll get him to help me out otherwise I'm calling the council 

• Like 3

I wouldn't bother trying to hand the placards out inside the ground - security has gotten toey with Schip Happens! inside before. On Swan Street and on the big steps past the Goal Weekly guy should be fine for distribution though, we very rarely have had any problems there.

It would be great if you guys could post/tweet/Facebook the direct info for the day (when you know) about where you will be, at what time, and with basic instructions, so people who want to be involved can come down and collect their placards.

Another thought - this may have been said - but I'm sure as individuals plenty of people could bring in packs of red and white balloons and blow them up before and during the game and just have them bouncing around everywhere, to add to the visual effect.

Good luck, this is a fantastic initiative. We will keep promoting you on Twitter.

Would certainly be an impressive spectacle if you guys can pull this off, and it most likely would indeed make the UK papers. That said, they would just use it as a chance to put their spin on it. Expect the headlines to read something along the lines of "Melbourne Heart fans protest Manchester City ownership".

I wouldn't bother trying to hand the placards out inside the ground - security has gotten toey with Schip Happens! inside before. On Swan Street and on the big steps past the Goal Weekly guy should be fine for distribution though, we very rarely have had any problems there.

It would be great if you guys could post/tweet/Facebook the direct info for the day (when you know) about where you will be, at what time, and with basic instructions, so people who want to be involved can come down and collect their placards.

Another thought - this may have been said - but I'm sure as individuals plenty of people could bring in packs of red and white balloons and blow them up before and during the game and just have them bouncing around everywhere, to add to the visual effect.

Good luck, this is a fantastic initiative. We will keep promoting you on Twitter.

Thanks mate. Will be releasing all the details quite soon I would expect.

Starting to get some attention from Cardiff City fans too, and hoping to have a UK journalist on board within the next few days... If all works out.

• Like 3