Melbourne Football

***Help Keep the Red & White***

FB.

Great OP FB.

To everyone heading to the imp tomorrow, that would be a good time to organize and get more people involved that don't visit these forums regularly or social media. And it wouldn't be a bad time to do some fundraising.

Also, just to regurgitate my idea from the other thread. If we get enough people to head to the southern end i think it would really emphasize our thoughts if we could get a red and white strip card tifo. If we could get bays 15-19 going with a it would be hard for CFG and the media to ignore like they did with the Melbourne flag we did.

Well done guys, great to see so many different people taking the initiative. :clap:

How much is an honest donation?

Depends on your circumstances, I guess... $20, $50, $100 is a good amount, but every little bit helps. Edited by LR9

Will donate when i get home from work, good stuff!

I created an instagram account too @keeptheredandwhite

Nice, added the account to the opening post :up:

Awesome :)

What are the chances of us pulling together a big parachute tifo/banner before the game too? Too much to ask?

Money sent. 

I think any money above $1000 should be spent simply on more balloons, red and white streamers, making the cardboard cutouts A2 size instead of A3 or whatever. This might be the moment we become Red and White forever or... sky blue. 

This is it people. Last chance to make our voice heard (well probably the most important time to be heard). 

The more I think about Sky Blue the more I realise how attached I am to the Red And White. 

Edited by Alexxandro
  • Like 1

All up, this will probably cost around a $1000. I know many have already pledged money on here, if we get enough together over the weekend, we can quickly get everything printed and made for the game. If we get anything over, it will either go to the Big Issue or back into the terrace, and If it doesn't go ahead the donations will be refunded.

#KeepTheRedAndWhite

Hey FB., I'm not a Yarraside member so I was just wondering if you raise more than $1000, can't you just use that to print more pages or making a bigger banner rather than refunding it or putting it back into the terrace?

Either way, I've just donated $25 via PayPal  :)

Will donate when i get home from work, good stuff!

I created an instagram account too @keeptheredandwhite

Nice, added the account to the opening post :up:

Awesome :)

What are the chances of us pulling together a big parachute tifo/banner before the game too? Too much to ask?

Slim, depends how much money can be raised.

First things first is to get enough for 2500 placards to get printed and some banners made, then we can decide the rest.

We're about a third of the way there to getting to the total, which is good.

• Like 1

All up, this will probably cost around a $1000. I know many have already pledged money on here, if we get enough together over the weekend, we can quickly get everything printed and made for the game. If we get anything over, it will either go to the Big Issue or back into the terrace, and If it doesn't go ahead the donations will be refunded.

#KeepTheRedAndWhite

Hey FB., I'm not a Yarraside member so I was just wondering if you raise more than $1000, can't you just use that to print more pages or making a bigger banner rather than refunding it or putting it back into the terrace?

Either way, I've just donated $25 via PayPal  :)

Yeah, that will be considered, it's not really a yarraside thing at the moment.

There's about a dozen of us involved, some are Yside, some are from RedWhiteUnite and others are just normal fans.

BTW, will you be printing white #KeepTheRedAndWhite text on a red placard or red text on a white placard?

Or both?  ;)

One of the guys has designed a mock already, we'll put it up later for viewing once the momentum gets going ;)

Great to hear that fans from different groups are coming together on this.

I'm Prem B and the red and white is the reason why I'm so emotionally attached and hooked on the Heart! I don't want to see our colours go because I feel like I might lose some (most?) of my passion for this club!

Pretty much all the other Prem B. members sitting around me have the same view, #KeepTheRedAndWhite  :wub:

• Like 2

I'll be happy to distribute the placards in Bay 24 if you like. Only issue is that I'm on the city side so the cameras (and head-honchos) can't really see us much.

Other than the Yarraside end you might want to also target the four GA bays (the 2 bays in from the goal line on each side) along the wing on the Punt Rd side! They usually fill up each game since they've made them General Admin.

$40 donated  :)

Absolutely pumped out of my mind for this game, we've all got to sing and throw colourful red and white things around for 90 minutes, no excuses!

I love this club way too much, a change to sky blue would be gut-wrenching.

Can I just say as well, despite our differing stances on "in or out", the passion I've seen over the last few days makes me so fucking proud to be a part of the Heart family.

Agreed. For now it's important to stick together on this, whatever our views. My alter ego has made a donation to the cause. Let's finish this season on a high.