Melbourne Football

IN or Out

MUTD/MLBHRT/ESSNDON

191 members have voted

1. 1. If a name and colour change came next season who is IN or Out

OUT

had this happen to my local club that i was a part of for yearssss and was in love with. where everything changed when we "merged" with a bigger club.

played 2 seasons after the merge until i left (was probably one of the last few to do so) and have never returned because fuck them and their blatant take over bullshit.

Edited by yelawolf

OUT

had this happen to my local club that i was a part of for yearssss and was in love with. where everything changed when we "merged" with a bigger club.

played 2 seasons after the merge until i left (was probably one of the last few to do so) and have never returned because fuck them and their blatant take over bullshit.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

If I am honest, even if there is a name and colour change i'd still embrace it, I have been through too many shite results to give up now and for me I have an affection and love for this club that goes beyond colours and name although I can easily understand other opinions. One in my opinion, very strong argument for keeping the colours is if we change to Melb City the colours of Melbourne are red and white, I just hope that has enough weight to it. If we keep the colours and change the name it might be a silly or totally incorrect thought but I wouldn't be suprised in 20 years time see us being the club of Melbourne and Victory being a more Victorian club, perhaps even removing Melbourne from its name.

There's an opportunity here to transform Heart, it's a better story than death and resurrection as a new entity. If CFG really want to change the colours the best time to do it is when we are successful and the transformation is complete.

I get what you're saying but they need to change the colours now or never. And hopefully never. 

There's an opportunity here to transform Heart, it's a better story than death and resurrection as a new entity. If CFG really want to change the colours the best time to do it is when we are successful and the transformation is complete.

I get what you're saying but they need to change the colours now or never. And hopefully never. 

I disagree with the first part, we (meaning the franchise owners and supporters) can change the colours anytime we want, but as long as its a broad consensus decision the outcome is likely to be better supported and be more positive that if it feels like an imposed change by the franchise owners without taking the fans with them. I'd also prefer the colours to change, but at the moment we have only seen 4 seasons of disappointment and failure with those colours. The existing colours need to have some success.

I've been thinking about it for a while, and if Man City do a full re-brand I'm unsure if I will buy a membership.

However, because I love football I can see myself occasionally watching matches on TV, and occasionally going to games at AAMI. That is how i'd get my football fix, as I know I would never switch to victory.

I'm certain though that I'd never be as passionate about this new club if it were fully re-branded. You wouldn't see me regularly discussing this new club on a forum, and I wouldn't bother trying to bring people to games (I'd let the suits in Manchester worry about that, as it would pretty much be their club). 

Even if I were to get a membership in the distinct future, I don't think I'd consider myself a supporter of the club, because I couldn't think of it as my club. I'd just be a customer trying to get cheaper viewing of live football.

It would be a rather tragic way to experience live and local football, without passion, but that's how I'd experience football if Man City took Melbourne Heart away from its supporters and re-branded it in the image of Manchester City FC.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 4

I need more time to process all this

Uncommitted at the moment until official announcement from Manchester city confirming what stays and what goes

Love THIS club!!

Will I feel the same about the new one ?

Edited by Jestr
  • Like 2

Big In. Looking forward to the changes that are coming. It will be good to be part of a professional team for once instead of the half assed crap that has been going on for the last four years. It going to be like a thunder storm hopefully washing away all the crap and something new or updated and better taking it's place. But hey time will tell. If it turns out crap I'll find something else to do and waste my money on.  :P  :)

I've been thinking about it for a while, and if Man City do a full re-brand I'm unsure if I will buy a membership.

However, because I love football I can see myself occasionally watching matches on TV, and occasionally going to games at AAMI. That is how i'd get my football fix, as I know I would never switch to victory.

I'm certain though that I'd never be as passionate about this new club if it were fully re-branded. You wouldn't see me regularly discussing this new club on a forum, and I wouldn't bother trying to bring people to games (I'd let the suits in Manchester worry about that, as it would pretty much be their club). 

Even if I were to get a membership in the distinct future, I don't think I'd consider myself a supporter of the club, because I couldn't think of it as my club. I'd just be a customer trying to get cheaper viewing of live football.

It would be a rather tragic way to experience live and local football, without passion, but that's how I'd experience football if Man City took Melbourne Heart away from its supporters and re-branded it in the image of Manchester City FC.

You'll be back Murf. Once a member of the tribe, always a member of the tribe.

• Like 1

I'm certain though that I'd never be as passionate about this new club if it were fully re-branded. You wouldn't see me regularly discussing this new club on a forum, and I wouldn't bother trying to bring people to games (I'd let the suits in Manchester worry about that, as it would pretty much be their club).

You'll be back Murf. Once a member of the tribe, always a member of the tribe. Until the tribe cops the big Manchester dick in the arsehole. Then the tribe is fucked forever. Edited by n i k o

So you'll give up on your ongoing good experiences with Ando and others based SOLELY on the colours the players wear?

In my opinion, you're not a real fan anyway then. Nothing disrespectful meant by that, but you'd be classified as a fair-weather.

Absolute lunacy.

I can catch up with the heart friends I've made, outside of the Heart games, like I have done so on previous occasions. This won't change.

Yes that is correct, I am a member because of the colours we wear. I know others are also, but just won't say it.

The red and white goes, then so do I. I'll always have a soft spot for the sky blue melb team if that does eventuate, but I'll prob only watch on TV.

I don't take offence to you calling me that. That's your opinion. Everyone shows support differently.

• Like 1

What about outside the game going around and handing out A3 cards to people and telling them the threat to the colours and asking them to join in the chant.

I bet you most fans care about the red and white but perhaps don't follow the news as closely as us. We go around handing out the cards and asking people to join in the chant then that could make a big difference to noise we make and how many cards are held up.

This is it- time to stand up for the red and white. Lets collect the money and see how much we have. If we have enough to print 5000 A3 Cards then do that.

IN for a donation. But the key is to have the cards distributed outside the ground to people coming in. Maybe need a makeship stand setup and a hand painted banner saying "Stay United for Red and White" or some such 'smart' words at the point where the cards are being distributed  - as well as being handed out around the ground. Maybe we can try to get MX to do a quickie story.

So you'll give up on your ongoing good experiences with Ando and others based SOLELY on the colours the players wear?

In my opinion, you're not a real fan anyway then. Nothing disrespectful meant by that, but you'd be classified as a fair-weather.

Absolute lunacy.

I can catch up with the heart friends I've made, outside of the Heart games, like I have done so on previous occasions. This won't change.

Yes that is correct, I am a member because of the colours we wear. I know others are also, but just won't say it.

The red and white goes, then so do I. I'll always have a soft spot for the sky blue melb team if that does eventuate, but I'll prob only watch on TV.

I don't take offence to you calling me that. That's your opinion. Everyone shows support differently.

So you are saying that the only reason you have a season ticket to Melbourne Heart matches is because of the red-and-white colours? Meaning that you would not have become a member if the colours had been anything else? I find that astonishing, if not incredible.

• Like 1

Absolute lunacy.

So you are saying that the only reason you have a season ticket to Melbourne Heart matches is because of the red-and-white colours? Meaning that you would not have become a member if the colours had been anything else? I find that astonishing, if not incredible.

Not sure if I would have jumped on the Heart if it weren't for the colours either. Everybody has their different reasons for why they might start supporting a club, each is probably just as stupid as the other if you isolate it and make a big deal of it. 

New owners, new colours and new name in the one hit is a new club. Myself and plenty of others will need to find new reasons to support the new club if we are going to jump across....and for me winning cups is not one of them.    

• Like 3

What about outside the game going around and handing out A3 cards to people and telling them the threat to the colours and asking them to join in the chant.

I bet you most fans care about the red and white but perhaps don't follow the news as closely as us. We go around handing out the cards and asking people to join in the chant then that could make a big difference to noise we make and how many cards are held up.

This is it- time to stand up for the red and white. Lets collect the money and see how much we have. If we have enough to print 5000 A3 Cards then do that.

IN for a donation. But the key is to have the cards distributed outside the ground to people coming in. Maybe need a makeship stand setup and a hand painted banner saying "Stay United for Red and White" or some such 'smart' words at the point where the cards are being distributed  - as well as being handed out around the ground. Maybe we can try to get MX to do a quickie story.

ambitious post is ambitious.

• Like 1

Maybe we could source a video camera/camcorder and record some responses from fans regarding our colours.

We could then send the videos into the club or even start a viral campaign if we wanted to go that way. Seeing that FoxSports didn't really pay much attention to our last display perhaps we take this approach and spread the word ourselves?

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 2

Maybe we could source a video camera/camcorder and record some responses from fans regarding our colours.

We could then send the videos into the club or even start a viral campaign if we wanted to go that way. Seeing that FoxSports didn't really pay much attention to our last display perhaps we take this approach and spread the word ourselves?

With additional media focus on Harry's final game timing of something like this would be perfect.

#4 please.

Also this might be stupid but what are the chances of a press release from the supporter group (whether that's Yarraside, or this forum, or any other kind of supporter group I don't know).

Basically my thinking is that there are a significant amount of articles in the papers that are just rehashed press releases. Big companies and corporations basically write the article they want, release it as a press release and that's an easy article for a journalist or editor to chuck in the paper. Seeing as we know the journalists have no interest in doing the ground work on their own, and frequently aren't even aware of what is happening and why (silent protest etc.), maybe we take it into our own hands and spoon feed them.

If the random Man City support group can have their opinion heard (see articles from when the takeover occurred) then we can take measures to encourage the media to pick up our story for more than just a passing sentence in the match review.

• Like 3

Could be worth touching base with the Twitter Groups that represent the "No To Hull Tigers" and "Keep Cardiff Blue" on Twitter as well.

Different countries I know but if could get some RT's or promotion from Groups that would be sympathetic of our plight we might get our voices heard on a larger scale, we should be making as much noise as possible in the wider football circle, not just Australia. I'm betting a lot of people in England have no idea this is happening, why not spread the word that a club down in Australia could be about to lose it's identity at the whim of another club.

If City are really intending to do this then we're only going to have one chance to make a difference.

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 2