Melbourne Football

NRL

Shahanga

Right, thought we should thread for this too.

Storm have won two nail biters to get them going and of course as per usual results in games across the league have been totally random.  Its tipping hell alright.

Panthers managed to scramble back at the death (including a conversion from the sideline) to knock over Canterbury today.

Edited by Shahanga

• 2 weeks later...

Very sad news with Alex McKinnon being diagnosed as a quadriplegic. Thoughts and support go out to him. I hope the NRL help him out :/

Absoultely devastating. I watched the game live and as soon as he went down it looked terrible. Really wish him all the best, good to see the NRL community rally for him.

Cronulla Sharks are a disgrace. Get the feeling that they may need to relocate to Perth.

Makes sense... from a Shire of Rednecks to a whole state full of Rednecks. :up:

Meanwhile the Eagles have been doing pretty well after narrowly losing to the Storm in Round 1 we have won 3 in a row and it was great to see the GF cheats in Easts get what they deseved last week.

I already have in my diary this year plans to see us play one game at Brookvale and to travel down to St George's Home Patch later this year.

Shit sport

It's not even my second fav code of footy...

But watching a game live with a proper league crowd is a fun experience.

I'm a Roosters fan (mildly) and went to the St George vs Roosters game. Atmosphere was really poor I find League crowds to be really bogan and dull. Still a decent night out but.

Shit sport

I'm a Roosters fan (mildly) and went to the St George vs Roosters game. Atmosphere was really poor I find League crowds to be really bogan and dull. Still a decent night out but.

AFL and Soccer crowds are def know a lot more about what is going on the field than League fans that is for sure...

What I thought was weird was when Matt Stewart got enjoyed most of the fans started moaning that he would miss out on State of Orgin rather than playing for Manly... as a AFL and Soccer man it just didnt get how something was more important than the club.

Shit sport

AFL and Soccer crowds are def know a lot more about what is going on the field than League fans that is for sure...

What I thought was weird was when Matt Stewart got enjoyed most of the fans started moaning that he would miss out on State of Orgin rather than playing for Manly... as a AFL and Soccer man it just didnt get how something was more important than the club.

I could never figure out the opposite!  Why make yourself unavailable for your country or state, just to play for your club?  

State of Origin may even be bigger than Test Matches.  Might be 500 blokes on the books of NRL clubs, but only 17 get to take the field for Queensland!    

Opinions on docking/sharing points from Melbourne Storm the other night??

No way.  To St George - "suck it up Princesses"

Since when has a ref mistake ever been a reason to change a match result?  It has NEVER happened in the history of the game and they shouldn't start now.   This game just got attention because it was in the last second but sadly poor ref decisions decide matches all the time, its just that its normally not in this manner. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Actually it's "only" 5 Titans embroiled in the scandal, including the "charming" Greg Bird (your honour I don't know how my girlfriend got glassed) & the erratic Dave Taylor.

On top of that the club is effectively in administration, as the NRL have taken over due to their precarious financial state. the NRL CEO thinks us supporters should be stoked by this news. I honestly would be, but I ran out of Valium.

• Like 1

So I won a Parramatta Eels jersey, I have no use for it so looking to sell it. Brand new, value at $160 apparently, etc.

Dont know if anyone here would be interested, but posting just in case.

Edited by Tesla

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tipping sucks balls this year

was in the top 3% last year on footytips.com.au and i don't even know the rules properly

this year has been shocking, tipped favourites last week and got 2/8

Got 5 and streaked my mates as a result.  

Tipping the NRL is so hard.  Basically there is nothing between any of the teams, so no game is a foregone conclusion and "favourite" is a very subjective title.  Basically i am ignoring the bookies odds this year as I got smashed last year when i followed them. Doing much better as a result.  

• 1 month later...

So I won a Parramatta Eels jersey, I have no use for it so looking to sell it. Brand new, value at $160 apparently, etc.

Is there a forum for Parramatta fans? Want to quickly spam my ebay listing

Is there a forum for Parramatta fans? Want to quickly spam my ebay listing

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81

http://www.1eyedeel.com/forum

• Like 1