Melbourne Football

Tertiary Education Topic - Uni/TAFE etc.

Nate

Spent a solid 4 hours on Accounting homework tonight, with 45 minutes of that spent on having to allocate a stack of items into their respective areas on a statement of financial position so for someone who isn't the most capable mathematician ever, seeing the assets match up perfectly against the claims gave me good feels man  :up:

• Like 1

Spent a solid 4 hours on Accounting homework tonight, with 45 minutes of that spent on having to allocate a stack of items into their respective areas on a statement of financial position so for someone who isn't the most capable mathematician ever, seeing the assets match up perfectly against the claims gave me good feels man :up:

Tbh you'll find that you don't have to be good at Maths in Accounting.

• Like 1

Spent a solid 4 hours on Accounting homework tonight, with 45 minutes of that spent on having to allocate a stack of items into their respective areas on a statement of financial position so for someone who isn't the most capable mathematician ever, seeing the assets match up perfectly against the claims gave me good feels man :up:

Tbh you'll find that you don't have to be good at Maths in Accounting.

You're not wrong, most of my troubles are coming from trying to remember all the various formulas needed to find the risk and return and ratios and what not.

• 3 weeks later...

Purely out of interest/ boredom - Do any forum members study health science related courses?

You mean the courses that the all the "Uni Game Jocks" who spend all their breaks kicking the footy to each other with their shirts off on The University Lawn take, right?

J/K.

Purely out of interest/ boredom - Do any forum members study health science related courses?

You mean the courses that the all the "Uni Game Jocks" who spend all their breaks kicking the footy to each other with their shirts off on The University Lawn take, right?

J/K.

health care, not pe teaching.

J/K.

health care, not pe teaching.

Oh ok...

Now that I remember through my Uni Haze the big jock course back in the day was "Human Movement" unless you were a really smart jock and you in that case you did the buzz course of the early 2000's: Physio.

The exercise and sports science crew still dominate Ballarat.

I know they are a strong force at ACU, they even won the UnI Games AFL tournament a few years back which was a pretty impressive feat considering that they came up against sides from the "Group of Eight".

Edited by cadete

Feels good to be getting distinctions and high distinctions so far, especially considering I was just barely passing education last year. Yes, it is a Bachelor of Arts, but still. I have to write a 1500 essay for Asian Studies which should be fun. 'How were non-Buddhist and non-Confucian traditions from China involved in early Japan's adoption of Chinese social and political institutions?'

I'll just get constantly fucking crunched by some Maori c*nt from Queensland if I do

What Maoris play footy in Queensland?

It's pronounced RUG-BEE: Rugby :up:

I don't think they have a rugby comp at uni games so they would all just play FOOOOOTY id assume.

Tossing up between volleyball and softball, and I emailed the water polo people asking if not having any playing experience was an issue.

I'll just get constantly fucking crunched by some Maori c*nt from Queensland if I do

FWIW by brother did his third knee (His the Daniel Menzel of our family) when playing footy in NSW and some for Maori Stepped on his foot.

I don't think they have a rugby comp at uni games so they would all just play FOOOOOTY id assume.

Tossing up between volleyball and softball, and I emailed the water polo people asking if not having any playing experience was an issue.

That is kind of odd as we had a Rugby Team in the College Competition as well as the University Rugby Club at Melbourne Uni, so I assumed they would also have the same in NSW and QLD.

Edited by cadete

• 4 weeks later...

Question about S.E.A.S, if I provide my age being a category 1 application (under-represented school) and they see I'm supposed to be in the year above will that affect my application result or do they not care about that and it's just based on the ATAR and what school you went to?

Edited by CALZALOL

Question about S.E.A.S, if I provide my age being a category 1 application (under-represented school) and they see I'm supposed to be in the year above will that affect my application result or do they not care about that and it's just based on the ATAR and what school you went to

They won't care mate.

• 1 month later...

Scored 3 A's and a C in my first semester of Bachelor of Business, so psyched!

Funnily though, 2 of those A's were for two Accounting subjects which I thought I flunked and the C I got (only barely with 60 marks too) was for Marketing which I'm majoring in and thought I went really well at. 

Oh well, perhaps it's time for a re-evaluation :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Currently studying Economics at the moment and I don't think I've ever loved and hated a subject at the same time so much in my life! 

I find it very interesting though.

My feelings towards Media Writing at the moment. I despise studying advertising, but at the same time, I am kind of enjoying it. It's weird.

On another note, I got an e-mail from my course co-ordinators congratulating me on 'excellent academic performance', which bodes well for when I have to apply to study in Japan next year :)

• Like 1

Currently studying both Asian Studies and Media Writing, both of which use the word 'discourse' a hell of a lot. However, the meaning is completely different in each class. Needless to say, it confuses the shit out of me haha!

I did a few European Studies Units at the beginning of my Arts Degree at UWA back in the day... needless to say they were had good amount of hot female students in them as they seemed to be mainly populated by Language Students.

I also did a unit of Australian Studies once at Melbourne... it should have been called "Seppo Studies" as I was almost the only Non American in the class.

Currently studying both Asian Studies and Media Writing, both of which use the word 'discourse' a hell of a lot. However, the meaning is completely different in each class. Needless to say, it confuses the shit out of me haha!

Just think of it in general terms irrespective of the subject you are considering. Those general terms would be essentially a 'conversation' moreover 'an exchange of ideas running to and from major conceptual points'. 

Probably the best way to conceive of it. :up:

I did a few European Studies Units at the beginning of my Arts Degree at UWA back in the day... needless to say they were had good amount of hot female students in them as they seemed to be mainly populated by Language Students.

I also did a unit of Australian Studies once at Melbourne... it should have been called "Seppo Studies" as I was almost the only Non American in the class.

In Professional Writing there are almost no guys, in a class of around 20 for Media Writing, there are only two guys, Education was similar when I did it last year (before transferring courses haha).

Funnily enough, in Asian Studies there it is the opposite, quite a few of the students in the class are Asian haha!

Just think of it in general terms irrespective of the subject you are considering. Those general terms would be essentially a 'conversation' moreover 'an exchange of ideas running to and from major conceptual points'. 

Probably the best way to conceive of it. :up:

Yeah, that's a good way of thinking about it!

Edited by xXJawsaXx