Melbourne Football

Tertiary Education Topic - Uni/TAFE etc.

Nate

I did a year and a half of a Bachelor of Education -> 1:5 guys to girls

Now that I'm doing a Bachelor of Business -> 5:1 guys to girls

doing bachelor of primary school education so can back this up 100%. Probably even higher then that tbh.

If you're doing education, even that ratio ain't helping you :up:

• Like 1

doing bachelor of primary school education so can back this up 100%. Probably even higher then that tbh.

But when i look at a girls boobs i'm actually looking at her heart, chicks dig emotional guys like me  B)

Now that I'm doing a Bachelor of Business -> 5:1 guys asians to girlsnon-asians

There's a few international students in my course and to be perfectly honest, they have smashed my "hard-working, well disciplined" stereotype well and truly out the window. 

- Rock up an hour late

- Hear their phones vibrate every 30 seconds

- Take a 20 minute cigarette break

- Come back in and not know what the fuck any of the answers are

- Rinse and repeat

This, I couldn't get out of there fast enough tbh.

This, I couldn't get out of there fast enough tbh.

Yeah look it is annoying in the sense that most of the chicks here still treat uni as if its high school, but I'm doing the course with a good mate of mine so its worked out pretty well and i haven't had to put up with some of the so called 'drama' that the chicks always seem to stir up.

Only started doing placement this semester and it kicked ass, so each to their own i guess. 

I find my commerce course to have maybe a 3:2 split of men to women. But only 1/5 are decent looking.

Also the international (95% Chinese) to domestic student ratio is about 1:1

Including one smoking hot Chinese girl. Wears tight leather pants every class!

• Like 1

I find my commerce course to have maybe a 3:2 split of men to women. But only 1/5 are decent looking.

Also the international (95% Chinese) to domestic student ratio is about 1:1

Including one smoking hot Chinese girl. Wears tight leather pants every class! Ha! We're both quite the fan of that one. I might have a chat to her in accounting. ;)

• 2 months later...

Not sure about everyone else, but my uni charges a yearly student services and amenities fee of around $180. I have no idea what this covers but I constantly get emails to notify me of "my fees at work" and a picture of a drinking fountain attached. Meanwhile I see our campus Dean has upgraded himself to a swanky new Audi. Uni's must be laughing all the way to the bank.

• Like 2

Not sure about everyone else, but my uni charges a yearly student services and amenities fee of around $180. I have no idea what this covers but I constantly get emails to notify me of "my fees at work" and a picture of a drinking fountain attached. Meanwhile I see our campus Dean has upgraded himself to a swanky new Audi. Uni's must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Was well over 200 dollars for me at Swinburne last year. I think it was something like $230 or so. Fucking stupid

Yep, it's a sad thing

http://www.fc11.com.au/

any current year 12s that have a passion for football, eg people who want to become pro players, or people like me who want to work in the industry give this a look!

you get a diploma and also train as a professional athlete for the duration of the course

ive been accepted into this for next year and i would much rather have more city supporters than tards there

Edited by goawayvictory

any current year 12s that have a passion for football, eg people who want to become pro players, or people like me who want to work in the industry give this a look!

you get a diploma and also train as a professional athlete for the duration of the course

ive been accepted into this for next year and i would much rather have more city supporters than tards there

are you a left back?

Interesting course. Perhaps some of our existent staff at city could do themselves a favour, and us too, and join up. I think munn would especially learn a bit on the following aspects of the course: Performing within a Culture of Excellence, Modern Applications Towards Achieving Optimal Performances In Football, The Business of Football, Understanding the Importance of Leadership, Preparing Mental Resilience

Was well over 200 dollars for me at Swinburne last year. I think it was something like $230 or so. Fucking stupid Just wait till you start paying council rates

• Like 1

are you a left back?

never played an outdoor game in my life but i could do better than ramsey

• 2 weeks later...

Was well over 200 dollars for me at Swinburne last year. I think it was something like $230 or so. Fucking stupid

You do realise that this money does not go anywhere near your University's staff and that it all it goes purely towards the Student Union/Student Guild/Student Government. That car comes out of your Dean's salary or he brought it himself/herself.

This why the Greens/ALP and the equivalent Student Parties on Campus are for this fee being compulsory with the LNP and its equivalents have the opposite view.

If you dont want to pay this fee then vote accordingly.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Deakin any good cunts?

I'll be doing finance/commerce, if that means anything.

Do a semester or two

Get good marks

Switch to somewhere better?

Well yeah, I'll wait till the first round offers are given before locking Deakin in for now, and if no better options are provided then that will be my plan.

However I've honestly got no idea whether Deakin is any good or not, specifically for finance. Don't think I know anyone who has been to it (possibly a telling sign).

Deakin any good cunts?

I'll be doing finance/commerce, if that means anything.

Do a semester or two

Get good marks

Switch to somewhere better?

Well yeah, I'll wait till the first round offers are given before locking Deakin in for now, and if no better options are provided then that will be my plan.

However I've honestly got no idea whether Deakin is any good or not, specifically for finance. Don't think I know anyone who has been to it (possibly a telling sign).

Seems to be regarded not too badly when it comes to Law but apart from that I just assume it isn't reputable.

Edited by Tesla

Actually it's funny seems I've heard the same in regard to law for a few of the less regarded universities.

I'm not sure if that's just because law is a good general degree that isn't easy to get into or complete regardless of university, or just law students at these unis somehow spreading false information to make themselves look better.

Actually it's funny seems I've heard the same in regard to law for a few of the less regarded universities.

I'm not sure if that's just because law is a good general degree that isn't easy to get into or complete regardless of university, or just law students at these unis somehow spreading false information to make themselves look better.

Generally when it comes to law if you care about getting the best articles once you have finished your degree... good marks will always matter more than a good university name  and of course who you know can also help with getting your foot in the day.

Anyway this is what my sister says and besides being a lawyer she was also the head of HR at to top law firms Sydney offices before moving into HR for the Banking Sector... so she tends to talk a lot about this stuff when I see her.

Edited by cadete

Generally when it comes to law if you care about getting the best articles once you have finished your degree... good marks will always matter more than a good university name  and of course who you know can also help with getting your foot in the day.

Anyway this is what my sister says and besides being a lawyer she was also the head of HR at to top law firms Sydney offices before moving into HR for the Banking Sector... so she tends to talk a lot about this stuff when I see her.

I was talking more about how it's regarded in general rather than specifically in regard to job prospects.

It's probably the case for many jobs that marks would be more important than the name of the university, and the further along a career you go the less important university is, but at the end of the day for the rest of your life you're branded has having gone to university X. Long after anyone gives a fuck about your marks.

A quick example. What if one day you want to start your on law firm? I can only speak for myself, but if I'm looking to hire a law firm, and I jump on their website and have a look at the profiles of their partners, and I see at one they all went to Deakin while at another they went to Melbourne, guess which one looks a fuck load better to me?

And that's where the value lies in a reputable university. Even though it may not be the most important thing in getting your foot in the door, or progressing in a career, there will be people who will judge you based on the university you attended, and not just in a professional setting, but in your personal life as well (has happenes to me, much to my surprise). Over the course of your life, the value it will provide you is worth doing what you have to do to have graduate from somewhere like Melbourne.

Look having a pretty stock standard degree from a Sandstone Uni means I like a Uni Bag as much as the next guy...

However once you are practising what University you went to becomes pretty irrelevant very quickly as like in Politics what does important is what your actual standing is like in the Law Community.  

Depends who you ask, I'm halfway through my JD at Monash and half the people I speak to say this, the other half say outside of Melbourne or Monash put you in a much better position than people with better marks from worse uni's.

That being said like anything as soon as you get a job nobody cares where you went.

Clients never ask about unis. They want to know what you've done and how well you've done it.

For employment different recruiters have different views. Me I'm more interested than the attitude and approach of the candidate rather than the specific uni. Pretty much all grads know nothing anyway (in my profession)

• 2 weeks later...

That's the same call I had to make, was planning on doing economics and finance majors but changed to accounting and finance. Just not a lot of career opportunities in Economics. But that's when I was young and gave a lot more of a fuck about money than I do now, if I had to choose again I'd probably choose economics just because I'd enjoy it more. On the other hand, I probably wouldn't have actually enjoyed it that much as I doubt I would have learnt anything new (no brag).

For all the real good jobs in economics (eg World Bank) you need to do a phd, and that's what really put me off economics, as that's a lot of fucking effort just for a chance at something which would still be so hard to get into. For anything else (eg RBA) you need to do honours minimum and do pretty fucking good (more so than in other fields) and really it could end up pretty boring so who knows if it's worth the effort. Apart from that there's consulting which isn't going to be much different from some other corporate career in commerce, or pretty much just general commerce jobs where the field you studied doesn't matter.

Could probably say the same about accounting though, if you do good and get into a big 4 it's a very different career to if you don't.

Could say the same about finance, even more so, the top jobs are unmatched (IB) whereas after that it's fairly average (financial planning).

Could say that about anything, there are interesting careers in a lot of fields, if you've got the uni and experience to get in to the top positions.

Edited by Tesla