Melbourne Football

Newcastle Away - Saturday March 8, 5.30pm

milanista93

Never again...

So now that I'm safely at the airport to head back to Melbourne, is there a story behind this? I'm intrigued....

Quite a few people traveled to Newcastle for the fist game of our second season. Its a shit hole and we play like shit there. Most vowed never to return.

My favourite part was walking across a swamp next to a guy carrying a bag of celery that he was planning on selling at the game. I shit you not this actually happened. Apart from that, drinking in the RSL pre game with a bunch of Newcastle supporters enjoying friendly banter was far more enjoyable than most away trips I've done so far.

Not sure why Newy gets such a bad wrap. Quite enjoyed my trip their last season tbh.

Lets just say they invented "The Lockout" in Newy for a reason and this is coming from someone who ends up in Newcastle at least once a year.

A lot of problems comes from those from Maitland and Cessnock if I'm correct.

Not sure why Newy gets such a bad wrap. Quite enjoyed my trip their last season tbh.

Lets just say they invented "The Lockout" in Newy for a reason and this is coming from someone who ends up in Newcastle at least once a year.

A lot of problems comes from those from Maitland and Cessnock if I'm correct.

In general PPL come in from these types of places every Saturday night... with their solution to their transport problems being to simply drink throughout the entire night until the first train.

Doesn't sound to bad - A lot of PPL on here have done the same in Melbourne.

The problem is the massive amount of PPL with such a battle plan and the type of places that they come from... and the hard lifestyle these places bred.