Melbourne Football

Craig Goodwin's Debut

JD.

Goodwin LB, Behich LW

This one. But then that would mean Terra on the bench, so instead

behich LB, goodwin bench, and when we usually bring on worm or williams for one of the other wingers, bring goodwin on instead and push behich onto the wing.

This way we never have to see Worm or Williams play again.

• Like 3

Will be interesting off season that's for sure. I personally think we can improve on Worm, Williams, Maycon and Hoffman. I also think Colossimo will go as will Bolton.

I would like us to target two or three experienced players. One goalscorer. One central defender with leadership. We have already added Redmayne as Goalkeeper. Keep Germano. Add Zahra and Taseski to be hopefully fit and firing.

Goodwin to start left back, Behich LM. That would be ace for me.

As a LB yes because he hold positon better, Behich better at RM OR RW i thikn.

would be interesting to see how they would link up as Goodwin LB and Behich LW. Something we'll hopefully see next season a fair bit.

Gives us good depth knowing we have goodwin and behich who can play at left back. Now we only need to find goodwin's clone to play RB to cover Marrone

Best thing about Behich and Goodwin working together is that I believe Goodwin has played as a left winger most of his career. So both players could inter change according to the conditions of the match seamlessly. A lot of young guys can turn it on in their first match, Goodwin hopefully can string a few of those performances together. He has been a consistent performer in the youth league. I think Behich and Goodwin will be an unbelievable combination for the future. Just have to stop the other clubs sniffing to pinch them.

Goodwin did well, better than Aziz did the week before that much is certain.

Hopefully this is the start of something big.

As for talk of Behich playing at LW, he does not have the shooting or crossing ability to play LW for Heart as our formation requires our Wingers to be largely attacking players.

Perhaps he could play on the wing if we play 4-4-2 but we never do.

Behich is a natural Left Wing Back which unfortunately we do not deploy.

Goodwin appeared to be more of a natural Left Full Back on Saturday night – but he has a lot of games to play before we can make a real assessment of him.

I mentioned him in another thread, but Kristian K (18), who we signed from Northcote in VPL is a quality, tall centreback and I think he could be chance for getting some gametime later on in the season if we pick up some injuries.

There's Dusan Bosnjak, Zac Walker, Stipo insertbalkanlastnamehere, Josh Groenewald and Brodie Patterson who are all quality youngsters and are nearly ready to be blooded..

Zac Walker is very talented but also very green...

However, he could be the closest due to the fact that he is very good late in games and TBH the senior options we have to replace a forward late in a match are hardly anything great atm so he could be worth a go...