Melbourne Football

Melbourne Derby XII - 7:45pm 1st March AAMI Park

GreenSeater

Walker hasn't deserved a recall based on his youth form, Mitchinson has been the better full back.

Fair call, I haven't really been following the Youth Team so I'll trust your judgement.

I just think that we may be in a bit of trouble with two exploitable full-backs (Hoff has drastically improved but there's always going to be both mental and technical lapses with a guy like him) against a team which has pretty damaging forwards.

In +11. Fucking av it. 

Shame about Aziz. He was shattered at that yellow. Clown of a ref as usual. 
Mitchinson, Robbie W and Harry will come in I'd imagine. Benny G will probably come out of the team. A shame as he is a jet but those suspensions have taken a toll. Can't wait for this. 

Edited by El Cunado

Ramsey to LB, Benny G to the wing. Target Galloway at RB, he hasn't dealt with pressure well lately. Possibly Harry on the wing to terrify the kid, allowing him to swap with Willo throughout the game

I was thinking this as well. Galloway has been unconvincing lately, so it might be worthwhile going with a real attacking left side.

Although if Mitchinson or possibly Germano goes LB I reckon they'll be serviceable (again, if only because I don't think Galloway will get forward much or be useful on their right).

The LB situation is currently the only complication with have to deal with, and IMO it isn't a big issue (missing Kewell and Germano against the Nix, and Kewell and Wielaert today were bigger problems IMO).

We're going into the derby looking good for the first time in a while. Can't wait for Saturday!

• Like 1

Just play 3-4-3, well win any which way...

I like the cut of your gib.

Redders

Vrankovic - Wieleart - Kisnorbo

Germano - Engelaar - Mass - Ramsey

Dugandzic - Kewell - Williams

Tando, Hoffman, Kalmar, Mauk, Garucio

Front 3 interchangeable, Ramsey and Germano drop in wide at the back when needed, Engelaar protected in the middle with an extra man when they come after him, and they will.

• Like 2