Melbourne Football

2014 Heart SuperCoach League

Ticker

Hi everyone it's almost time for the AFL season. I've sent invites via email to those who were in last year's Heart SuperCoach League, but not everyone has joined. This means there are places left for those lucky few keen on joining for this season. The league code is 900491.

• 4 weeks later...

-Had Pendles until about a week ago then took him out after I read an article that strongly opposed putting him in (Mainly because he has the same bye week as Gablett)

-When Grimes isn't injured he averages close to 100 and am banking on him staying fit & firing.

-Also not sure on Suckling but at that price, if he keeps his spot he will be worth it.

-Think the rookie backs are actually underrated this year, think Laidler will firm into Sydney's 22 so seems like a no-brainer to me. Also read somewhere that Langford contested the most centre bounces for Hawthorn over the pre-season but not sure how much to read into that.

- Not wasting money on the rucks because they always burn me the spastics, will wait and see after a few rounds and upgrade to someone reliable. Do still feel that Sandilands can make or break teams this season but taking the risk.

Chucked Wines in cause I have a man crush on him but willing to hear suggestions on who I should pick there, got $130k in bank as well.

Made a new league today, for anyone who wants to play... Code: 546821

Pretty good side there Mate, I'd do a few things different in terms of rookies and structure but it's not bad at all. Downgrade Rohan to Impey or Martin to Dunstan and pick up one of Liba, Fyfe or Cotchn in place of Wines.

And why don't you have the VC on Ablett?

Edited by LR9

Made a new league today, for anyone who wants to play... Code: 546821

Pretty good side there Mate, I'd do a few things different in terms of rookies and structure but it's not bad at all. Downgrade Rohan to Impey or Martin to Dunstan and pick up one of Liba, Fyfe or Cotchn in place of Wines.

And why don't you have the VC on Ablett?

Add Chris Mayne to my man love list. But yes, completely stupid move but yolo.

Thinking of breaking Rule 1 of SC and taking Ablett out. The fact that he finished last season almost $200,000 cheaper than what he is now makes me think.

Edited by MaliMate

I have Ablett, Pendelbury, Swan and J. Selwood.

Are you in this league?

25% of your cap on 4 players, pretty stupid. They will struggle to get 25% of your score on the best of weeks. Also guessing you wouldn't have Beams, pretty shit.

Edited by MaliMate

Are you in this league?

25% of your cap on 4 players, pretty stupid. They will struggle to get 25% of your score on the best of weeks. Also guessing you wouldn't have Beams, pretty shit. I am not in the league and I don't have Beames. However, I don't think I've ever been happier with my team going into a supercoach season than I am now. Have some great points of difference and one massive smokey in the rucks.

Are you in this league?

25% of your cap on 4 players, pretty stupid. They will struggle to get 25% of your score on the best of weeks. Also guessing you wouldn't have Beams, pretty shit. I don't think I've ever been happier with my team going into a supercoach season than I am now.

Says every single Supercoach player every year on the day of the first game.

• Like 3

Are you in this league?

25% of your cap on 4 players, pretty stupid. They will struggle to get 25% of your score on the best of weeks. Also guessing you wouldn't have Beams, pretty shit.

Lol at Selwood, so underdone! Waste.

My team is pretty stacked with premos Mate. Just went with few (3) mid priced players.

Edited by LR9

Are you in this league?

25% of your cap on 4 players, pretty stupid. They will struggle to get 25% of your score on the best of weeks. Also guessing you wouldn't have Beams, pretty shit. I am not in the league and I don't have Beames. However, I don't think I've ever been happier with my team going into a supercoach season than I am now. Have some great points of difference and one massive smokey in the rucks.

I'm guessing Sandilands will be the most selected player of the competition!

p.s. You all might want to stop giving your secret weapons away - we are competing against each other after all!!  :ph34r:

Fuck you Buddy, Mayne & Jack Martin.

Bad luck mate, Swan's been my only disappointment so far. Hopefully only a hiccup. Quite happy with Grundy's 80 as my ruck smokie. Was tossing up between him and the more expensive Ryder for the entire preseason. Swallow's 135 very handy as well. Hopefully not too many people picked him up.

Thinking of loopholeing Langdon on to my field. Anyone know any rookie defenders who aren't playing this round but will in Round 2 or even 3? That Kolo bloke from GC?

Fuck you Buddy, Mayne & Jack Martin.

Bad luck mate, Swan's been my only disappointment so far. Hopefully only a hiccup. Quite happy with Grundy's 80 as my ruck smokie. Was tossing up between him and the more expensive Ryder for the entire preseason. Swallow's 135 very handy as well. Hopefully not too many people picked him up.

Thinking of loopholeing Langdon on to my field. Anyone know any rookie defenders who aren't playing this round but will in Round 2 or even 3? That Kolo bloke from GC?

Injury forbidding I will have Swallow locked in for the season. Impressed.

Grundy a better pick than Ryder for sure, smart choice.

Think loopholing Langdon is a bit reactive. Really, your only going to get an extra 30-40 points if you do if. I'm in the same position but happy to take my 95 from Laidler and hope McDonald gets around the same. Guessing your going for overall and not league?

Bloody Dixon let me down hardcore; got 22 from his proposed 90! Might get rid of him this week and use the cash to upgrade Dale Thomas to Ollie Wines! I need to save $57,300 from the Dixon trade to make that happen! Hrmmm...unless I trade D.Thomas for D.Ellard and use the $121,700 to upgrade Dixon  ;)

MaliMate - Jack Martin should be a straight swap for David Ellard (120); you'll even pocket $2k!

Bloody Dixon let me down hardcore; got 22 from his proposed 90! Might get rid of him this week and use the cash to upgrade Dale Thomas to Ollie Wines! I need to save $57,300 from the Dixon trade to make that happen! Hrmmm...unless I trade D.Thomas for D.Ellard and use the $121,700 to upgrade Dixon ;)

MaliMate - Jack Martin should be a straight swap for David Ellard (120); you'll even pocket $2k!

You're just burning valuable trades.

That being said, Dale Thomas is a cunt.

Yeah in a real pickle with Martin now. Some reports say 2 weeks, I've heard 6.

Also got to consider the fact of whether I want this frail cunt in my team for the season at his current price. Might have to let him go.

And of course I panicked yesterday and traded Wines out for Liberatore. FUCKKKKKKKKKK.
One of my only POD's gets 130+ hours after I take him out gonna be that sort of season innit.

Edited by MaliMate

Had to take Grundy.

Just about every ruckman who plays the majority of games for their club averages 80+, picking up Grundy for the mid 300k's is a no-brainier based on that really.

Dont think he will. Imo plenty of better and more reliable 300k ruckman, 3 who will average 90+

0 hick-ups for me in round 0.5

GAJ never in doubt.

Rookie bench did well enough for me to consider picking up Rioli who is out r1 through suspension.

Gary Rohan disappointed for me, as did Daisy.

Very happy that I didn't succumb to the hype around Buddy & Jack Martin and that I traded out Dixon at the last minute.

Although I got rid of Hampson at the last minute which I am fuming about.

Although Sydney stunk it up, Mitchell, Laidler,  Pyke & Parker all scored in the 90's for me.