Melbourne Football

Heart - Audio or Video

InMyHeart

18 hours ago, jeffplz said:

bull

Okay, I guess you would know about the situation than Tes and I...

18 hours ago, cadete said:

LOL: Remember when Tes started bagging out David Lyons on here and calling for his resignation and the bloke within hours/days signed up to the forum.

13 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Wasn't wrong either 

TBF the bloke did not have the easiest job, but he was not very good at it.

Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

I know you haven't dealt with him, but having had dealings with both Luke is infinitely better

TBH we were able to establish a channel of communication with Munn very early on and would use that to bypass the tedious nature of Lyon's demands.

5 hours ago, True Until I die said:

David Lyons was the epitome of incompetency imo.

Yeah, he was a big one for saying everything was all good to go... and calling you at the eleventh hour to say shit had hit the fan.

However, as I said a job in Fan Relations for a Soccer Team in Melbourne is always going to be a hard job. The standards of how Fans should interact with the club and behave in general are always being based of the standards set in the AFL where things like Cheer Squads are completely Club Funded not independent and far more docile.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cadete said:

Yeah, he was a big one for saying everything was all good to go... and calling you at the eleventh hour to say shit had hit the fan.

However, as I said a job in Fan Relations for a Soccer Team in Melbourne is always going to be a hard job. The standards of how Fans should interact with the club and behave in general are always being based of the standards set in the AFL where things like Cheer Squads are completely Club Funded not independent and far more docile.

yes absolutely- a tough job and not one which I can imagine pays anywhere near enough to attract the talented person needed.

• 4 weeks later...

From the world of football last night on SEN Valkanis talking about our pre season and tonights game. Made the point that they worked the players really hard in Townsville which left them tired for the Wellington game

Listen to Michael Valkanis Interview by World of Football #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/worldfootballau/michael-valkanis-interview-1

Edited by pm37

6 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

I seriously think we need a new thread for club Marketing/Advertisement

but here's a Fox Sports Ad featurign Tim Cahill coming home-- what are your thoughts?

How the fuck can you not love this ad?

It perfectly plays on the fact that too many people like football in this country but don't support an a-league team.

Plus it didn't show JVS.

Get the fuck on the City hype-train folks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

How the fuck can you not love this ad?

It perfectly plays on the fact that too many people like football in this country but don't support an a-league team.

Plus it didn't show JVS.

Get the fuck on the City hype-train folks.

Its cheesey af but still nails the point. Exciting times.

Not sure about it ... a little too much emotion for my liking.  The best thing will be the but hurt from the tards.  But there is no doubt he is Australia's greatest and he is ours.

Watching Cahill again on Sunday in his free midfield attacking role, he looks ready to rip the league apart. He actually put the ball in the net 3 times (2 were offside), including an audacious chip from a tricky angle, outside the box.

• 2 weeks later...