Melbourne Football

Aaron Mooy

MHFCRC

If mooy is on 300k under the cap all the re signed players must be on peanuts. Williams probably on half what he had

good move  :up:

makes signing him back up less of a fuck up

If Williams has more of a role than being a solid bench player next Season... then we wont be a top four side.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

If mooy is on 300k under the cap all the re signed players must be on peanuts. Williams probably on half what he had

Spot on.  The average is 100k and the minimum is 50.  So if 1 guy is on 300k means 6 must be on 50 to allow for it and thats just for him, doesn't cover everyone else who rumours have are on >100k.  TBH I find  300k hard to believe.  Would need substantial 3rd party top up to get there (and can't recall the rules on this).  With this cap I'd only spend 300K under the cap for GOALS.

(With so many being supposedly asked to take minimum you'd think more players would announce their retirement from football to get real jobs, can only recall 1 A league player ever doing this)

What kind of fringe benefits might be thrown at players basically just making their wages pocket money..?

Free housing, free cars, free travel, free dress account, high paid "jobs" for partners/family members etc..?

Spot on.  The average is 100k and the minimum is 50.  So if 1 guy is on 300k means 6 must be on 50 to allow for it and thats just for him, doesn't cover everyone else who rumours have are on >100k.  TBH I find  300k hard to believe.  Would need substantial 3rd party top up to get there (and can't recall the rules on this).  With this cap I'd only spend 300K under the cap for GOALS.

(With so many being supposedly asked to take minimum you'd think more players would announce their retirement from football to get real jobs, can only recall 1 A league player ever doing this)

Hopefully players in their 20s and early 30s consider 50k more than enough considering they are living their dream. Not everyone is obsessed with buying houses and being miserable in a boring job. 

I'd also suggest the possibility that considering some of Man City's major sponsors won't be ours for some time, a season or 2 at least, perhaps they could personally sponsor the player like Harry and Jeep... give a play an ambassador role for 250k and a salary of 50k?

I mean it just depends on how desperate they get really.

I know for one thing we will have as full a squad as is possible, and they will use the guest and loan spots to the full extent, this has been made clear.

Don't be too hard on him. It was clear that Popa had only given him a bit part for much of the season in preference for players that are a more in the mould of the style the team wanted to play (ie. long ball, defensive, anti-football)

He is more of a touch player, who needs confidence and time to get into a match. Tonight wasn't the easiest situation to make his mark with all things considered.

That's the problem when you come last - every young player is going to tear the game apart, then reality sinks in. They are young, make mistakes and don't come up every week. None the less, I am happy to have him at the club next season. He will be judged by season's end as to the type of player he is.

• Like 1