Melbourne Football

Aaron Mooy

MHFCRC

9 hours ago, Jovan said:

Not really. They were paying him 4mil for his move from Melbourne to Manchester. I think the few hundred was his wages from Wanderers. 

But regardless if you can get or develop a player in the Mooy level your always going to make serious dollars but its always offset by the spuds you have to cut your loses on.

Swings and roundabouts. 

You missed my sarcasm.

I guess I was pointing out that Mooy was signed by Heart. By transferring him at a non-market rate (effectively for free) Man City had in one move covered their investment here. A financial slight of hand that has received very little commentary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Hudders through

The Terriers turned it around when they introduced Quaner and Mooy started to find those slide passes through the Owls defence. They deserved to win because they played far more positively. Mooy again showed what we've been missing all season.

19 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

The Terriers turned it around when they introduced Quaner and Mooy started to find those slide passes through the Owls defence. They deserved to win because they played far more positively. Mooy again showed what we've been missing all season.

I'm not sure...

I mean in regards to the way they played Mooy. Sure earlier on he was played as a #10, but from what i noticed (and happy to be corrected) from the last part of the season, he sat as a deeper defensive mid, sweeping in front of the back 4.

I reckon we need a full on #10/CAM, not a DM or box to box type.

7 hours ago, rass said:

I'm not sure...

I mean in regards to the way they played Mooy. Sure earlier on he was played as a #10, but from what i noticed (and happy to be corrected) from the last part of the season, he sat as a deeper defensive mid, sweeping in front of the back 4.

I reckon we need a full on #10/CAM, not a DM or box to box type.

Agree that he did have defensive duties but he seemed naturally inclined to come forward when possible. His range and quality of passing whether from defence or when further forward was great to watch.

15 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Anyone who knows "stuff" @Dylan? @jw1739? Know why the game went to pens? Why didn't Huddersfield go through on away goals, I thought it was 1-1 on aggregate?

(not to distract from what a gun Mooy is)

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFL_Championship_play-offs (see "Format") there is no "away goals" rule for these play-offs.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

I agree with Niko he looked to me to be a bit at sea with the game but maybe the opposition made it that way. He did make some good passes later in the game but the forwards did not take advantage .

I thought the whole team was a bit at sea in the beginning and failed to make headway against the Owls who seemed setup to defend in numbers and try their luck bombing it forward. That's how they scored their first goal. The Terriers grew into the game as the match progressed.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2017 at 5:13 PM, HEARTinator said:

I thought the whole team was a bit at sea in the beginning and failed to make headway against the Owls who seemed setup to defend in numbers and try their luck bombing it forward. That's how they scored their first goal. The Terriers grew into the game as the match progressed.

I thought he was amazing in the second part of the second half and extra time. 

8 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Appalling article about Mooy on the world game site (please don't click it, you'll reward crap).  Apparently Mooy was a "project" of his coach, apparently that's why he's so good, the coach "improved" him.  Give me a break.

Oh yeah. Because he was apperently shit when he left us. Bunch of morons

On 25/05/2017 at 8:00 PM, johnno cpfc said:

Typical journo's never let the truth get in the way of a good story .

Just lazy.

Can't be fucked doing research so I'll just slap together some of my own random thoughts. Then get the sub editor to come up with a click bait title and hey some easy money.

its all on tonght.  the game that will change his career.  win this and he goes in as hudders main man.  lose this and anything can happen.  germany, the bench at city, back into the championship. bossing in another team in the EPL. 

he says he's not stressed but this is the biggest game of his life.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nah brah said:

its all on tonght.  the game that will change his career.  win this and he goes in as hudders main man.  lose this and anything can happen.  germany, the bench at city, back into the championship. bossing in another team in the EPL. 

he says he's not stressed but this is the biggest game of his life.

So far it's his biggest game.

But regardless of the result  he has played 40 plus quality games and his next season move will be based on that.

Are many going to stay up tonight to watch. I'm going to try. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Jovan said:

But regardless of the result  he has played 40 plus quality games and his next season move will be based on that.

Yeah will watch it no doubt.

4 hours ago, Jovan said:

im gonna give it a go.  these games are always quality regardless.  something australian football could really use.  big match at the end of the season that actually means something.

watching mile jedinaks palace game v watford was awesome.  this is going to be just as good.

0-0 at half time,  Huddersfield should definitely be 1 up possibly 2. Brown missed an absolute sitter on about 10 minutes 

Mooy has been tidy but hasn't got on ball as much as other games,  Evans and Williams for them are keeping him close and not allowing him to get the ball facing goal

Huddersfield the better side of the 2 so far 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, neio said:

0-0 at half time,  Huddersfield should definitely be 1 up possibly 2. Brown missed an absolute sitter on about 10 minutes 

Mooy has been tidy but hasn't got on ball as much as other games,  Evans and Williams for them are keeping him close and not allowing him to get the ball facing goal

Huddersfield the better side of the 2 so far 

Brown's miss came straight out of Mifsud's coaching manual :hkpalm:

• Like 2