Melbourne Football

Aaron Mooy

MHFCRC

“He doesn’t really say much, doesn’t smile a lot, he’s very calm but he is for sure very happy and very proud as well, and I think he deserves all the credit for his goal,” Wagner said of Mooy.

“He’s a great technical footballer with such unbelievable working attitude. This is why I love this player.”

15 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Complaining? In what way were they complaining?

From memory, I believe it was to the effect of "why are we getting some colonial who failed at Bolton, and has since been plying his trade in a footballing backwater".

But that was a bit of a knee-jerk response to some overzealous A-League fans hailing him as the second coming of Messi, and questioning why he went to Huddersfield, instead of slotting straight into Man City's starting XI.

Edited by Blackout

Just now, Blackout said:

From memory, I believe it was to the effect of "why are we getting some colonial who failed at Bolton and has since been plying his trade in a footballing backwater". But that was a bit of a knee-jerk response to some overzealous A-League fans hailing him as the second coming of Messi, and questioning why he went to Huddersfield, instead of slotting straight into Man City's starting XI.

Yeah, from memory it only took them one or two games to fully embrace him anyway, I've read more than a few comments from their fans on social media claiming he's the best player to have worn their shirt.

Some other A-League fans scoffed but you could always see that the guy would be fine in the EPL when he played for us, I don't care what quality of league we are, he's an incredibly gifted player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackout said:

From memory, I believe it was to the effect of "why are we getting some colonial who failed at Bolton, and has since been plying his trade in a footballing backwater".

But that was a bit of a knee-jerk response to some overzealous A-League fans hailing him as the second coming of Messi, and questioning why he went to Huddersfield, instead of slotting straight into Man City's starting XI.

Please. Messi was just the warmup for the coming of Mooy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Embee said:

Yeah, from memory it only took them one or two games to fully embrace him anyway, I've read more than a few comments from their fans on social media claiming he's the best player to have worn their shirt.

Some other A-League fans scoffed but you could always see that the guy would be fine in the EPL when he played for us, I don't care what quality of league we are, he's an incredibly gifted player.

I lurk the Huddersfield forum semi-regularly and make a point to read everything regarding Mooy. You're correct, as of last season the general consensus seemed to be that he was their best ever player, but it certainly took a while for them to warm up to him. This of course, wasn't helped by some cringe-worthy Melbourne City (and other A-League fans) fans shitting up their forums. From my recollection, I believe some of our forum's resident shitposters may have been among the worst culprits,

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Embee said:

Anyone who saw him dominate the English midfield in that friendly would have had no doubts about him making the step. The only question about him is "is he good enough to start regularly at Man City".  Time will tell. To me it's quite possible.

1 hour ago, Embee said:

Anyone who saw him dominate the English midfield in that friendly would have had no doubts about him making the step. The only question about him is "is he good enough to start regularly at Man City".  Time will tell. To me it's quite possible.

53 minutes ago, Blackout said:

I lurk the Huddersfield forum semi-regularly and make a point to read everything regarding Mooy. You're correct, as of last season the general consensus seemed to be that he was their best ever player, but it certainly took a while for them to warm up to him. This of course, wasn't helped by some cringe-worthy Melbourne City (and other A-League fans) fans shitting up their forums. From my recollection, I believe some of our forum's resident shitposters may have been among the worst culprits,

I also read their forum, and their main problem with him at the start was that Jason Davidson had played more national team games than him, and that they hated Davidson. So they assumed he was worse than him

15 minutes ago, neio said:

I also read their forum, and their main problem with him at the start was that Jason Davidson had played more national team games than him, and that they hated Davidson. So they assumed he was worse than him

Everybody hates Dvaidson

• Sad 1