Melbourne Football

Aaron Mooy

MHFCRC

14 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Hadn't seen that before. Extremely interesting. Not only the Mooy signing, but also that with a change in ownership "...any future contracts were legally null and void."

I thought the same. Also interesting that he would have been our highest paid player on $250,000.

6 hours ago, Kinnibari said:

. Also interesting that he would have been our highest paid player on $250,000.

Indeed. The rumour at the time (as best I can recall) was that he was on 300k. So it wasn't far off (& in fact may be correct considering there may be other payments/reimbursements too).

Fantastic decision by Didiluca, for which I can't recall him ever getting any credit. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Indeed. The rumour at the time (as best I can recall) was that he was on 300k. So it wasn't far off (& in fact may be correct considering there may be other payments/reimbursements too).

Fantastic decision by Didiluca, for which I can't recall him ever getting any credit. 

Even a broken clock is right twice a day 

Latest Premier League transfer news: Newcastle, Everton, Southampton in Mooy Auction

June 2, 2017 12:30pm

KATE COHEN@katecohenkcs

Source: FOX SPORTS

THERE are reportedly nine Premier League clubs circling for Aaron Mooy as Manchester City look set to allow the Socceroos midfielder to leave in the summer transfer window.

With Huddersfield the first club set to launch a bid, there will be half the Premier League following the transfer story, as well as a host of top Championship clubs.

As Australia prepare to qualify and compete at the 2018 World Cup, Mooy’s first priority is regular game time.

“Every year, I always want to play. I’m happiest in my life when I’m playing football so of course I want to play,” Mooy said recently.

With that in mind, here are Aaron Mooy’s 10 interested Premier League clubs, rated based on their suitability...

BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION

Suitability: 6/10

Reports in The Sun on Sunday claim Brighton and Hove Albion were willing to sign the Socceroo for their first Premier League season after winning automatic promotion by finishing second. Manager Chris Hughton is thought to be a fan of the ball-playing midfielder, who could complement key attacker Anthony Knockaert.

But Brighton are in the same, newly-promoted boat as Huddersfield - are they any more an attractive proposition as they will be expected to fight for survival?

All three promoted clubs are interested in nabbing Aaron Mooy.Source: AFP

BOURNEMOUTH

Suitability: 8/10

Led by young manager Eddie Howe, Bournemouth have established themselves as a solid mid-table Premier League club who play the type of football that could suit the 26-year-old’s playing style.

There would also be a good chance Mooy could play regular football at the Cherries, although the same was said for fellow Socceroo Brad Smith who made just three starts all season after joining for an Australian record fee of £6m ($10.5m).

Where to next for Aaron Mooy in the Premier League?Source: FOX SPORTS

CRYSTAL PALACE

Suitability: 5/10

Without a manager lined up for the new season and fresh off battling for relegation, Crystal Palace aren’t a club with peak stability off the field. It could prove difficult for Mooy to negotiate a move to a club where there are still a dozen candidates to take the helm, meaning he wouldn’t have a clear understanding of how much he can expect to play. Plus, they have plenty of stock in midfield.

Reports in the Croydon Advertiser linking former Borussia Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel to a shock move to Palace could change the dynamics for Mooy.

Aaron Mooy celebrates Huddersfield's Premier League promotion.Source: Twitter

EVERTON

Manchester City aside, Everton are the highest ranked PL team that Mooy could walk out for next season.

Everton will be playing in the Europa League next season, and the allure of European football could prove attractive and offer more opportunities for game time.

There is also the uncertainty about the future of Ross Barkley which could open the door for Mooy, but he would be competing with the likes of Morgan Schneiderlin, James McCarthy, Gareth Barry, Idrissa Gueye and Muhamed Besic - depending what type of midfielder Ronald Koeman sees him as.

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN

Suitability: 9/10

Newly promoted, willing to bid record money, playing under a manager who rates him and a guarantee of Premier League game time – Huddersfield look like the complete package for Aaron Mooy.

Mooy spoke effusively about how much he enjoyed the dressing room atmosphere in his spell on loan at the Terriers, with teammates and coach David Wagner serenading him during their play-off celebration parade.

With Wagner set to be offered a new contract to stay at Huddersfield, The Times reports securing Mooy will be one of his first port of calls.

Staying would mean Mooy would be the heartbeat of a PL club - that’s an attractive prospect.

Aaron Mooy celebrates Huddersfield's Premier League promotionSource: Twitter

MANCHESTER CITY

Suitability: 3/10

With reports now emerging that City are willing to cash in on their asset, Mooy’s future is unlikely to be at the Etihad Stadium. The chance to work under and learn off Pep Guardiola could prove attractive, especially after it was initially believed the Spaniard was willing to look closely at Mooy during the club’s pre-season tour.

But there would also be no guarantee of Mooy ever featuring for the Premier League title contenders should he stay – with big money being splashed by the club in a bid to win an unprecedented treble following a trophyless first season under Guardiola.

In a World Cup year, that’s not ideal.

NEWCASTLE UNITED

According to The Newcastle Chronicle, Mooy is a 7/10 possibility of joining the North East giants. They have stated Rafael Benitez is a fan of the Australian, and working under the Spaniard would allow Mooy to learn off one of world football’s best tacticians.

While Newcastle are newly promoted, they are also one of the few legitimately big English clubs where Mooy could play regular minutes. But Newcastle have also guaranteed Benitez a big transfer kitty to spend, meaning competition for places could be tough at a club that comes with plenty of headlines.

Aaron Mooy up against Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho of Liverpool during the Pre-Season Friendly match between Huddersfield Town.Source: Getty Images

SOUTHAMPTON

Suitability: 7/10

Southampton from afar look like the perfect club – one with a track record of developing players, a stepping stone to bigger and better things and also a club not at real risk of sinking into a relegation battle.

But as with Crystal Palace, there is still uncertainty over the future of the manager – with Claude Puel under increasing pressure at the end of his first season, where the Saints scored 41 goals in 38 games. Also like Palace, Southampton are ambitious in trying to lure Thomas Tuchel to the Premier League so there are plenty of positives to moving south.

STOKE CITY

Suitability: 6/10

Stoke are a club that is ambitious – starting to recruit more continental names over the past few off-seasons in a bid to shift themselves away from the stereotyped ‘hoof-ball’ view.

Mooy would suit a fluid, possession-based style, but under Mark Hughes, the of Charlie Adam and Glen Whelan still played the core of matches in the middle of the park, with Joe Allen in a more attacking midfield role. That could act as an opportunity for Mooy to slot in and take the reins, dictating play from deep, or it could also suggest that Hughes prefers a certain type of midfielder.

Aaron Mooy needs regular games in a World Cup year.Source:News Corp Australia

WEST BROM

Suitability: 2/10

Tony Pulis is not one for pretty football, which makes the links to Mooy interesting. Although, considering the former Wanderers and Melbourne City man’s knack over a dead ball, perhaps Pulis would fit him in to deliver the ammunition for his tall timber at the back.

Mooy could be pefect for West Brom, but are the Baggies perfect for Mooy?

Whatever the reasons behind the link, playing under a manager with the football philosophy of Pulis would not best prepare Mooy for a massive World Cup year.

If his name was Mooysinho they would be jizzing all over him, though not literally.

4 goals

7 assists

96 chances created

2559 passes and 70% were forward passes, all from DM.

Compared to their new signing Silva who is an attacker, I think he could do a job for them.

8 goals

9 assists

60 chances created

926 passes

Especially when you consider Huddersfield changed the way they played halfway through the season, where they were happy lumping it up the line constantly and ignoring the midfield. The finals were prime examples, Mooy would pass and his teammates would ignore him and lump it up to their wide forwards, so he did extremely well.

I can see him doing even better with better players around him and a part of me wants him to rip Manchester City a new one when they meet, hahaha.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Still hasn't been confirmed by the club but looks legit.

Although I don’t think it eclipses Bresciano 23mil fee from Empoli to Parma in 2002.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...