Melbourne Football

Aaron Mooy

MHFCRC

On 21 February 2017 at 6:50 PM, Tesla said:

I haven't even read any of this crap but I can tell you that I am 100% sure the situation is that it used to be a contract clause negotiated between the clubs but these days it's a rule in many competitions including the FA Cup. 

Just ask me next time for answers boys instead of debating for pages. 

Out of of all the media articles that have been published on the issue you have quoted the only one that is incorrect. 

I suppose Mooy and his manager didn't have a clue on the rules either:

But within 24 hours, Mooy's hopes were dashed when City confirmed they would exercise their right to bar the loanee from lining up against them at the John Smith's Stadium.

I might just sent a clarification request to the thefa.com and I will post up their response just for everyone's benefit.

On 19/02/2017 at 7:37 AM, Jovan said:

Not really. They are getting closer to a automatic place the return cup fixture could impact their chances. 

Well, they wouldn't bother with the request for Aaron to play if they didn't want another FA game to concentrate on the promotion, would they?

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Money said:

http://www.squawka.com/news/manchester-citys-37-strong-loan-army-ranked-by-performance-this-season-so-far/935854

ranking of manchester city's loan players, easy guess who is #1

also two current Melb city players in there

Caceres ranked ahead of Brattan and rightly so. Also James Horsfield is on the list. A product of the Elite Development Squad he spent a few weeks here with us last season, training, but didn't play for us.

There's some players on that list I'd love to see playing for us. The salary cap makes it difficult but we will have a marquee place open next year so make it happen CFG!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

There's some players on that list I'd love to see playing for us. The salary cap makes it difficult but we will have a marquee place open next Tar so make it happen CFG!

This was one my hopes when CFG took over. Having world class youth players developing and one day becoming big names. 

More than likely never eventuate. With all the restrictions made by the FFA it limits what players can be brought in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Caceres ranked ahead of Brattan and rightly so. Also James Horsfield is on the list. A product of the Elite Development Squad he spent a few weeks here with us last season, training, but didn't play for us.

There's some players on that list I'd love to see playing for us. The salary cap makes it difficult but we will have a marquee place open next year so make it happen CFG!

I thought him and one of the other youth guys played for us in a friendly game over in the UK during that pre-season, I could be wrong though.

49 minutes ago, Jovan said:

This was one my hopes when CFG took over. Having world class youth players developing and one day becoming big names. 

More than likely never eventuate. With all the restrictions made by the FFA it limits what players can be brought in. 

In effect, the "Lampard Rule" prevents it happening.

11 minutes ago, Embee said:

I thought him and one of the other youth guys played for us in a friendly game over in the UK during that pre-season, I could be wrong though.

That was the pre-season to 2014-15. Certainly two players did play for us in one or more of the three matches we played. Don't recall Horsfield, but IIRC one was James Poole, a striker, who I think may have been on ManC's books at one time and ended up playing for Bury or Oldham? The other was I think a midfielder in the EDS and was George Evans, who possibly then played for Crewe Alexandra? As in my previous post, it was the introduction of "Lampard" that killed off these possible loans to us. I'm certain that one of Manchester City's intentions when buying Heart was to give some of their loan and EDS squads time in the A-League as part of their development rather than siphon up any Australian talent.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Article on The World Game about the Number of clubs circling for Mooy. It also mentions Man City got him for "a few hundred thousand".

Man City cleaned up on that deal. They must sure have some astute negotiators.

Not really. They were paying him 4mil for his move from Melbourne to Manchester. I think the few hundred was his wages from Wanderers. 

But regardless if you can get or develop a player in the Mooy level your always going to make serious dollars but its always offset by the spuds you have to cut your loses on.

Swings and roundabouts.