Melbourne Football

Aaron Mooy

MHFCRC

going through stats from fox spots fantasy

carrusca missed 8 games, that should be enough to even rule him out of consideration 

burns missed 4 games, subbed off quite a bit and DID NOT SCORE IN HIS LAST 6

mooy played 90 mins every game except the final derby (50) and missed 2 games

Players in the league are either retarded or it was fixed

Ibini goal vs wsw > elrich running past cones

Arnold > Muscat

Borello > jeggo

But fuck me has who has mooy fucked over to get screwed over this badly

carrusca barbarouses and cirio aren't worthy to clean his boots based on this season

• Like 5

Disgraceful he's not in the top 5. Goes to show its a popularity contest not a skills and impact contest. Mooy seems quiet and reserved. With his no fuss attitude he won't win popularity contests.

No Mooy and I am sure we would have ended last this year

Disgraceful he's not in the top 5. Goes to show its a popularity contest not a skills and impact contest. Mooy seems quiet and reserved. With his no fuss attitude he won't win popularity contests.

No Mooy and I am sure we would have ended last this year

Or no one respects Melbourne City and as a result, Mooy.

Absolutely robbed. Didn't even finish in the top 3. In what world did Nathan Burns deserve it more?

Agree.

But it's an award that is just based on players' votes at just 3 specific times in the year. Votes are being made on games that haven't even been seen by the players!!

Much prefer if FFA held a proper count like the Brownlow - and let the field referee and the two assistants between themselves decide on a 3-2-1 for each game. 

It's the same in real life. If you're too reserved, introvert and not pushing your ego in everyone's face you'll simply get left behind.

Guy is an ace player but he doesn't ride the corner flag like pony or salute to opposition fans to irate them after scoring and talk shit.

Media talks how good koliflower falafel is at victree ignoring the fact that Mooy is better.

Play your game and conduct yourself the way you want Aaron ....... Screw the rest

• Like 2

Absolutely robbed. Didn't even finish in the top 3. In what world did Nathan Burns deserve it more?

Agree.

But it's an award that is just based on players' votes at just 3 specific times in the year. Votes are being made on games that haven't even been seen by the players!!

Much prefer if FFA held a proper count like the Brownlow - and let the field referee and the two assistants between themselves decide on a 3-2-1 for each game. 

You will trust the referees' judgement????

I would rather that the players vote the following day on the best three players for the opposing team for every match. An alternative would be for the opposition coach to vote for the best three players of the opposing team. The coaches would have a good view of who were the most dangerous players for the opposition on game day and would most likely be closer to the mark than even the players as they ought to be too busy playing the game to notice who the influential players are. Koren of course being the exception as he seems to be spectator with the best view on the pitch for most matches.

Agree.

You will trust the referees' judgement????

I would rather that the players vote the following day on the best three players for the opposing team for every match. An alternative would be for the opposition coach to vote for the best three players of the opposing team. The coaches would have a good view of who were the most dangerous players for the opposition on game day and would most likely be closer to the mark than even the players as they ought to be too busy playing the game to notice who the influential players are. Koren of course being the exception as he seems to be spectator with the best view on the pitch for most matches.

Agree.. I would much rather see coaches, team captains and possibly dare I say it journos.. but seeing how journos in this country is still coming to terms using the word 'football' in their writing and some still suffering from 'fear from the round ball' syndrome, let's leave them out for now, and perhaps get the fans join in to vote on who are the best players on the park for each match. Much like how FIFA's Ballon d'Or works. There is no bigger accolade than a vote of confidence by your fellow peers and fans alike.

Edited by raw10

Much like how FIFA's Ballon d'Or works. There is no bigger accolade than a vote of confidence by your fellow peers and fans alike.

Yep.

As can be seen by the quality of some of the posts on here, I'm glad WE don't choose. Aaron is a good player, but in the eyes of the players he plays against he didn't get the nod! Nothing to be ashamed about. No conspiracy.

"Nothing to see here. Move along!"

rofl mark bosnich's team of the season

janetovic

georgevski delpierre durante elrich

dimitrijevic finkler valeri

khalfallah janko ibini

bench - galekovic,berisha,cirio,isais,geria

del pierre missed 14 games and played 10 mins in one, what a fucking joke

Yes. My respect of Mark Bosnich being one of the better special comments commentators has now extinguished.

No Burns, No Mooy. Laughable.

Edited by HeartinHobart

Individual awards don't really matter, we already know how good is he is and how valuable a contributor he was to our team this season and for me, that's all that really counts.

Just a shame he didn't get the recognition he deserved, comfortably beat burns for the alex tobin award and miles ahead of the rest

we knew he was killing it before the asian cup and wasn't given a spot in the squad, killed it after the asian cup break aswell

Bosnich's response to someone saying mooy should be in

"if Melb City made the GF yes,I always favour the players who's teams do the best.xmb" 

how fucking stupid is that? we would of been battling newcastle and west sydney for the spoon without him

Bosnich's response to someone saying mooy should be in

"if Melb City made the GF yes,I always favour the players who's teams do the best.xmb" 

how fucking stupid is that? we would of been battling newcastle and west sydney for the spoon without him

I wonder why Bosnich values a player who performs well in a good team over a player who performs well in an otherwise poor team? Many more players will excel in a team when enabled by their team mates, Koren is probably one of them, whereas Mooy single-handedly lifted the performance of the whole team, not through individual brilliance (although we did see some of that) but through his contribution to team play.

• Like 1

Aaron Mooy voted Melbourne City’s Player of the Year

Matt Windley

MAY 12, 2015

AARON Mooy was a runaway winner of Melbourne City’s Player of the Year award on Tuesday night.

It helped eased the pain of a disappointing week for the 24-year-old, who underwent arthroscopic surgery on Monday after injuring his knee in the 3-0 semi-final loss to Melbourne Victory last Friday night.

It is understood there were plans for Mooy to head to either New York City FC or Yokohama F. Marinos — Melbourne City affiliate clubs — to continue training in the coming weeks, however those plans have now been scuppered.

Unless he makes a swift recovery from surgery, Mooy is also unlikely to be selected for the Socceroos first 2018 World Cup qualifier in Kyrgyzstan next month.

Mooy, City’s leading scorer in 2014-15, also won the Supporters’ Player of the Year gong at the club’s awards night at the Grand Hyatt.

The midfielder scored seven goals in 27 games and also led the league for balls into the penalty area, completed crosses, completed through balls, shot assists and chances created.

He was also runner-up in NewsCorp’s Player of the Year award.

Coach John van’t Schip said Mooy was a deserving winner in what was his first year at the club.

“We knew Aaron’s capacity and potential and this is one of the reasons we wanted him at the club in the first place,” van’t Schip said.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/a-league-aaron-mooy-voted-melbourne-citys-player-of-the-year/story-fnk9a3dc-1227352718120

Apparently he was going to be loaned out to New York or Yokohama for a few games in the off season. That was until the injury in the semi final. Wouldn't mind him going to New York just so then we can cancel the loan deal after 2 games

• Like 1

Apparently he was going to be loaned out to New York or Yokohama for a few games in the off season. That was until the injury in the semi final. Wouldn't mind him going to New York just so then we can cancel the loan deal after 2 games

To keep him match fit for Socceroos games.

• 2 weeks later...

They're mid table in League One- there's no way he should end up at that level. I think for him to move he'd be after first team football in a decent league in Europe (Dutch, Belgium, Germany, or English Championship). If he went I Barnsley I'd cry, but also be pretty peeved at him for a bad career move

So some people are talking up the idea that he's heading back to England to play for a mid table 3rd division side - sounds like the definition of obscurity. While back in the HAL he can keep playing week in week out and be on Ange's radar for a WC spot.

I wouldn't worry about this

If he personally wants to move I am sure Soriano will move him to New York. I can't see the CFG wanting him to move out of the group.

Personally I think he will want to give it everything next season and maybe win something with Melbourne before he goes.

I wouldn't worry about this

If he personally wants to move I am sure Soriano will move him to New York. I can't see the CFG wanting him to move out of the group.

Personally I think he will want to give it everything next season and maybe win something with Melbourne before he goes.

What if he doesn't want to play in New York or the mighty CFG?