Melbourne Football

Week 18 - Melbourne v Visitards

Buddy Farah

I really didn't think it would be close to selling out this early in the week. Just got tickets - B reserve on level 3 Eastern, but would've preferred Heart reserved area. Still, I bet there'll be empty seats there even though it says allocation exhausted.

Memberships valid for this one? Stupid question, probably, but the fact that Visitors call MRS home as well makes it confusing.

If you have a GA membership, you have to upgrade to Premium A or B seats and pay the difference. No GA seats left according to Ticketek.

If you have a GA membership, you have to upgrade to Premium A or B seats and pay the difference. No GA seats left according to Ticketek.

Mines Active Support. Just wanted to be clear.

im not upgrading anything. I bought an active membership. to get seats (standing room) in the active area.

This isn't true. The GA section has been "allocation exhausted" ever since the tickets went on sale because it is reserved for walk-up Heart members.

Ah. Sorry if I'm mistaken. I just thought for the derbies, it's all allocated seating and no walk-ups. (Except active support) So confusing.

"Melbourne Hearts threadbare squad has been further decimated with confirmation that midfielder Matt Thompson has been ruled out of Saturdays derby.

Thompson has been ruled out for a month after limping off early in the second half of the 3-1 loss to Wellington Pheonix with a knee injury."

More: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/knee-injury-sidelines-hearts-matt-thompson-for-a-month/story-e6frf9if-1226258459754

Would think Paul Reid will have to come in for Thompson. We've barely got a match squad, what with injuries and three gone to the Olyroos.

Hey would only come in playing of the bench, far from match fitness. Srhoj will come in and start this one.

There is still enough talent in the squad:

Bolton, Mattei, Roganovic, Marrone, Hamill, Colosimo, Good, Worm, Sarkies, Srhoj, Reid, Zahra, Ibrahim, Germano, Terra, Babalj, Maycon, Williams.

With a couple of the yoof lads in contention, namely, Goodwin, Gronewald and Jeremy Walker.

Being a derby, likely line up is:

Bolton;

Marrone, Hamill, Colosimo, Good;

Sarkies, Srhoj, Germano;

Terra/Williams, Babalj, Terra/Worm

Edited by Buddy Farah

We have a limited range of player options for the next month but as always we need to pick a squad, formation and tactics to suit the opposition, luckily MV are playing so poorly:) The last few weeks they have sat deeper and deeper as the game has progressed and counter-attacked, it's more likely that they will do the same as they really aren't able to maintain a high press for more than 20 minutes or so. Our vulnerabilities are that we are less organised at the back since Madaschi has left, and we lack the forward third movement off the ball, ball speed in our passing and the vision of a player like Fred to be able to unpick a deep defence. Of course one solution to that is to play with width but we've lost both Mate and Aziz:( MV's weakness is midfield but here we are lacking Fred and Thompson, both attacking midfielders. I'd be looking to the NYL team, maybe promoting Zahra although returning in this game will be difficult for him because of what happened last year. Goodwin, Zac Walker and Stipo Andrijasevic are all playing well, Zac Walker is a goal scoring machine.

Bolton

Good Colosimo Hamill

Sarkies

Marrone Srhoj Germano

Walker Terra Worm

Bench: Williams or Zahra, Goodwin or Reid, Babalj

I'd play 3-1-3-3 with Sarkies having the job of marking Hernandez. Normally I'd ask Srhoj but he hasn't had any recent matches so I'll go with Sarkies. Terra as a false 9 to draw out the MV defence and Worm and Walker as inverted wingers. It's a big ask for Zac Walker, first senior game and a derby, but not a lot of choices. Babalj to come off the bench as a conventional 9 when Williams replaces Worm, Terra moves to the left. Babalj as a second half impact player and Williams for his pace. Reid for his experience, Goodwin for his form.