Melbourne Football

The Jason Hoffman Appreciation thread

Ando

I love Hoff as much as the next man but due to a spate of injuries to midifielders, he has been less than impressive and once again has started going missing when it counts. He should be limited to bench appearances, because when he comes on later in the game, he looks as if he'll do the most damage then, and he'll free up room for a Germano - Srhoj - Thompson midfield.

I love Hoff as much as the next man but due to a spate of injuries to midifielders, he has been less than impressive and once again has started going missing when it counts. He should be limited to bench appearances, because when he comes on later in the game, he looks as if he'll do the most damage then, and he'll free up room for a Germano - Srhoj - Thompson midfield.

Agree. He's still only looked good against weak opposition, or off the bench. Now would probably be a good time to let him boss the NYL for a couple of weeks and then bring him back in off the bench. But we don't have that luxury. He's a work in progress, but it's slow progress.

Fuck this fickle shit.

Why don't we sack everyone who isn't MOTM?

Butters he was bloody terrible yesterday...

He ran around like a headless chook into his teammates space and gave the players further up field absolutely nothing.

We don’t have a logical replacement for when Fred is out but its def not Hoff his lack of vision and awareness is just never going to be there.

The only player I can think of trying in the position is Hermano simply because he seems to be a bit of “Mr Fix It”, has better technique than most and at least would give you the defensive qualities that Fred also offers in the position.

Unfortunatley playing players out of their natural position Is part of our game, Players wanna play so will play out of position just to get a game & hopefully do a job for the team but as we can see from our past results it does not always work out, square pegs cant fit in round holes

Hoff isn't a midfielder, ffs.

I acknowledge he was shit yesterday, but he was played out of position.

Hoff is a striker, play him there.

I hate seeing players signed to be played somewhere they can't.

Strikers score goals... Unless you were Ian Rush when he was at Leeds.

He hasn't been deployed as a striker for us.

Yes he has...

Both last year and this year, only for halves of games but he still has...

And I know you not suggesting taking out the Baby Bosnian for Hoff...

The best you can hope for with Hoff starring and striking is if we goes on loan to your VPL club then he will once again tear it apart.

Jeez...

The Hoff is hardly a striker anymore, and is much more effective in midfield.

Granted, his game yesterday was pretty average, he is nevertheless a good quality player.

Stop expecting goals from him, when it isn't meant to be his role!

He has been poor in the last few games, but those who actually paid attention earlier in the season would see how well he was playing from midfield.

His pace split the defence, and often, his crosses and cutbacks were perfectly placed.

Obviously, his form has dropped off, but he hasn't been that bad.

There's plenty left in him.