Melbourne Football

The Jason Hoffman Appreciation thread

Ando

• 2 weeks later...

Been thinking...

I hope JVS did not have to much a part to play in Hoff being offered a contract its extension because I will find this a bitter pill to swallow.

Fair enough if he has to go home for family reasons, and TBH its known I was not his biggest fan on the Terrace anyway.

But resigning Hoff and then just leaving?

Hoff cannot play in Midfield he can only play as a Centre Forward and even then his never going to be of A League CF Quality. He is not even close to being as good a finisher as Babalj whose biggest weakness is his finishing ability.

If I was him I would quit the whole A League experiment and get a VPL bidding war started for the Hoff’s services as a Centre Forward. The Hoff is awesome at VPL Level, he could knock in 3 goals a game at the Bergers and actually pretend he was good.

If not right away, eventually he would basically paid almost the same as his A League contract as the VPL’s top scorer.

NOTE: ROFL at this thread being the last on the page before this Bump, how times have changed.

• 4 months later...

The thing is, Williams has shown he has quality at A-League level, he is just unfit and out of form. Hoffman on the other hand has never shown anything at A-League level

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've been posting some pro Hoffman stuff in other threads as it annoys me when our own players get hammered by our own "supporters". I've found this thread and will leave the others alone with the Jason Hoffman cracks.

Whilst Hoffman hasn't done as well as he could have, he has shown some neat touches and potential which he needs to deliver on.

Please stop bagging our own (perhaps concentrate on other teams players such as those for the V*****y), we can all see who is playing well for us and who is not. And yes, frustration when we don't deliver is felt all round. Objective critisism is fine but stop the Hoff(/Williams etc.) hating.

Golden Boot winner and Player Of The Year, Jason Hoffman?

• Like 3

i remember the hoff running up and down the pitch like a gazelle at bulleen in a practice match last year. he fair dinkum scared the opposition, they panicked whenever his massive, clattering frame came a near. i am hopeful he can do something of the sort in the new season, although, based on the last season i'm not filled with confidence.

Edited by Jake

i remember the hoff running up and down the pitch like a gazelle at bulleen in a practice match last year. he fair dinkum scared the opposition, they panicked whenever his massive, clattering frame came a near. i am hopeful he can do something of the sort in the new season, although, based on the last season i'm not filled with confidence.

You do realise that the "Panicked Opposition" mainly comprised of green teenagers.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like some of what I see from Hoffman when he plays in a more advanced role. He is not a central or defensive mid. But he can get past players and create chances and score goals. Now he just has to do it for us in games that matter.

It looks as if he will get to show us all what he can do tomorrow night v WSW, as it looks as if he will be replacing Fred.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/a-league/injured-pair-back-in-the-frame-for-heart-20121031-28kck.html

Hoffman needs to cut down on his back passes and horizontal passing. If he can keep his head up when on the ball, he'll have a greater impact with his attacking passing.

I will be interested to see how he goes, he is apparently one of the fittest in the squad, but that doesn't always translate to match fitness/awareness.