Melbourne Football

Adelaide away Friday 4th April

Pigs

Was super pumped looking at beer prices in Adelaide until I realised their pints were barely fucking schooners. Adelaide made me feel blessed to live in Perth. Is a quality pub in Thebarton called the Wheatsheaf Hotel though. If you like beer that doesn't taste like water it's the place to go. My pre- pre-game for this one will definitely be spent there! Nothing like a 11.3% dry hopped IPA to get you ready for a game.

Was super pumped looking at beer prices in Adelaide until I realised their pints were barely fucking schooners. Adelaide made me feel blessed to live in Perth. Is a quality pub in Thebarton called the Wheatsheaf Hotel though. If you like beer that doesn't taste like water it's the place to go. My pre- pre-game for this one will definitely be spent there! Nothing like a 11.3% dry hopped IPA to get you ready for a game.

You know I am not a Perth fan...

But I used to get rather annoyed when a mate at College in Melbourne (Who was from SA) would argue that Adelaide and Perth were as crap as each other... What a complete joke.

That may have been true many years ago, couldn't really answer. However, there is a shit load more going on in Perth these days. Adelaide felt like a ghost town comparatively. Even my girl who has been living there for about 4 months now after living in Perth her whole life has said the same.

That being said I'm still counting down the days until I make the jump across to Melbourne finally. Was originally going to be April but we've decided on September now and going to travel S.E Asia for a few months before hand. Bring on the cheap away days. Had enough of these $500 round trips to watch us get belted.

Sounds like fun.. Topless waiter bar could be the go

You would love a topless WAITER bar ya faggot

On the phone.. You no what I meant

Why don't you use your phone to call old mate sheepdog there instead of polluting this forum with this shit? 

• Like 5

IN for only my second live game since the 3-1 win over Newcastle.

the sad thing is that Adelaide is actually a shorter drive from Mildura than Melbourne tho :(

for those interested / not yet booked a return flight and to cut the story short, anyone who would like a lift (Adelaide to Ballarat) is welcome to it free of charge.  

will have two or three seats available in a four door sedan on a first in first served basis (dependant if my brother joins me).

obviously those who continue on to Melbourne will need to find a way to either Adelaide or Mildura pregame (since you could join me for the drive down) and will need a Ballarat-Melbourne train ticket (can go via myki; around $10-15 IIRC and takes about 1hr 20 min to get to Southern Cross).

i'll be driving from Adelaide to Ballarat on the Saturday after the game (largely due to the fact I'll have my car with me since i'm doing the Mildura - Adelaide leg for the game before returning to Ballarat to see the folks).

PM me if keen.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

anyone driving at all?

IN for only my second live game since the 3-1 win over Newcastle.

the sad thing is that Adelaide is actually a shorter drive from Mildura than Melbourne tho  :(

for those interested / not yet booked a return flight and to cut the story short, anyone who would like a lift (Adelaide to Ballarat) is welcome to it free of charge.  

will have two or three seats available in a four door sedan on a first in first served basis (dependant if my brother joins me).

obviously those who continue on to Melbourne will need to find a way to either Adelaide or Mildura pregame (since you could join me for the drive down) and will need a Ballarat-Melbourne train ticket (can go via myki; around $10-15 IIRC and takes about 1hr 20 min to get to Southern Cross).

i'll be driving from Adelaide to Ballarat on the Saturday after the game (largely due to the fact I'll have my car with me since i'm doing the Mildura - Adelaide leg for the game before returning to Ballarat to see the folks).

PM me if keen.

as per past post i am driving back (to ballarat at least) if it helps.

you'd need to find a way there and be prepared to train it from ballarat to where ever tho.

Edited by mattyh001

Anyone else hanging around the weekend? May head to the Adel v Syd afl match on the Sat afternoon.

Will be there till Sunday.. Going I the brad strut gig on Saturday night if anyone's keen

depends on who i have with me in terms of the drive back.  the Adel v Syd game sounds enticing but

Anyone else hanging around the weekend? May head to the Adel v Syd afl match on the Sat afternoon.

Will be there till Sunday.. Going I the brad strut gig on Saturday night if anyone's keen

depends on who i have with me in terms of the drive back.  the Adel v Syd game sounds enticing but

Foreast is 22 and sunny. Havent been to Adelaide Oval before so should be a good day.