Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart vs Perth Glory Friday 9:45EST

kingofhearts

Kalmar man of the match so far

Kalmar gets a lot of love on this website. But I wish he would realize that he is a player who can't take more than three touches. Far too often he beats his first man but doesn't release the ball and turns back into trouble. He is far better when he takes a touch looks up release and moves.

I think 99.999% of players fall into this catagory

Kalmar gets a lot of love on this website. But I wish he would realize that he is a player who can't take more than three touches. Far too often he beats his first man but doesn't release the ball and turns back into trouble. He is far better when he takes a touch looks up release and moves.

I disagree, I prefer seeing him take guys on with his mad tekkaz.

Probably the best I've seen us play away in some time, still not great but it's mildly refreshing in comparison to the tripe we've had to endure for the rest of the season so far

• Like 1

I disagree, I prefer seeing him take guys on with his mad tekkaz.

Probably the best I've seen us play away in some time, still not great but it's mildly refreshing in comparison to the tripe we've had to endure for the rest of the season so far

Pretty much agree with this. The last time we played Perth in Perth earlier this season we were terrible, truly terrible, with no discernible plan. And this time the team is still seriously low in confidence IMO, but in the first half there was a discernible plan. We wanted to keep the ball and play a possession game, but also we're trying to counter-attack when we can. That counter-attack with the Ramsay shot was one of the best I've seen from us this season. Despite us having the players to do that, we haven't counter-attacked often this season, so it was pleasing to see us do it so well.

Ample room for improvement. We were nervous on the ball in the first half, strangely we were worst when Perth were down to 10 players for several minutes. But IMO we're playing with structure and purpose, and more Heart players are starting to show some of their potential.