Melbourne Football

Melbourne City's New HQ and Training Facility

Dylan

1 hour ago, M13 said:

I assume that no other Australian club have a "womens wing" in their campus..Or do they?

Not even close. Most are located separate from the mens teams facilities and use local gyms in the area. Although I think this year Adelaide have both of their squads in the one place. 

Well, if other clubs just give womens football the shoulder we will dominate this game..  and reap the benefits from it.
Said benefits mostly being of a marketing character yet but to CFG or rather its sub-division CFM that handles sponsorship negotiations for everything CFG it makes sense.

Alleway re-signs. Really happy about that one.

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/matildas-defender-laura-alleway-returns-for-w-league-title-defence/cl7w8bjvy8z617ddsayh5ig1f?

Feminists can't complain if we're the only team paying a decent wage 

Also can't complain too much when you see things like this happening elsewhere in the world:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37744981

Edited by Falastur

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Even if you dont watch the womens game I would still think that things like this that the club are doing do give you a nice feeling as a supporter.

What a great thing for the club and womens football and not before time. Can see this being used as a huge marketing tool by inviting interested parties, schools and local clubs to visit, meet and greet.

Proud of what this club is doing

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

A 4+ minute video of the new women's facility is on the club Twitter account.

You've got to be proud to be a supporter of this club. I almost don't care if we don't win very much - we're just doing so much for football in this country.

Yeh nah. I want to win. Would sacrifice facilities for it in a heart beat. But why not have both. 

• Like 4

Anyone aware if the building closest to the 3 community pitches is still used by the university? Could be another interesting addition to the CFA complex in future.

It certainly is exciting to see what the club has achieved with the facilities.

The only downside is that there does not appear to be significant space to build additional pitches on the site.

Edited by Heart_fan

On 01/12/2016 at 11:40 PM, Heart_fan said:

Anyone aware if the building closest to the 3 community pitches is still used by the university? Could be another interesting addition to the CFA complex in future.

It certainly is exciting to see what the club has achieved with the facilities.

The only downside is that there does not appear to be significant space to build additional pitches on the site.

It belongs to the Latrobe University soccer club, as well as other university clubs that train on those grounds during the week