Melbourne Football

Melbourne City's New HQ and Training Facility

Dylan

This was taken from the Aloisi thread. Thought we should take up the offer for us to get to training and start making ourselves heard. I'm free all next week and very keen to get down to training to voice my concerns. If anyone can find details and times of the training next week and in general, it might be useful to keep it all together in one thread. 

FB., on 28 Dec 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:snapback.png

We spoke to him as the hardcore of the supporter base.

About how much money, effort and time we put into the club with tifo, away trips and singing and that we want the coach and players to play with the same passion we show them when our club plays. That we want the team to play for us.

We weren't happy about how all the players and coaches left the field (bar Redmayne) without acknowledgement of us, and we let him know. That it's not good enough to only acknowledge us after getting a reasonable 3-3 result against Adelaide a few weeks ago. That we're hurting like they are and we want them to face us through the bad results and not just the good ones.

We made the point of us having a supporter meeting with the players and coaches during the week, to help us get out of this rot and get them playing for us. And Aloisi said "that would be a really good idea" and that would be helpful if we could get group of us down to training this week so he can get the players over for a talk to us.

A few lads spoke about tactics, signings and player selections with him. Which is always difficult to talk about as supporters from the outside, because we're not there day in, day out like the coaches are during the week. I got the impression that he would love to do more but that they are very much hampered with the small budget they have to work with as coaches at our club, which comes down to the board.

Getting rid of Aloisi alone won't fix the issues.

He acknowledged that a lot of us had chanted for him to go. It was a frank discussion and at times a little heated, but to his credit he didn't shy from any questions.

As he and we suggested. Should he remain in charge, the best thing we can do is get down to training this week and speak to the players and try and get the team playing for us. People can speak on here all they want, but I'm dead sick of losing, if us getting down to training can be the start of a culture change then I'm all for it.

Edited by Dylan

Something came up so couldn't make it? Very intrested how well engelaar is moving if he is actually training. Also what is the player demenour like? And who is taking the session?

- Engelaar did light running, and was involved in all the possession drills. Looked a bit distracted while running; as if the injury was still on his mind.

- Player demeanour was average. Bit of everything.

- Sessions split between all the coaches. Nus led the possession drills, Foxe did a bit of work, Simone Ripamonti (didn't know he was at the club) did a few drills at the end.

Edited by Baresi
  • Like 1