Melbourne Football

Derby disgrace

hardsy

What a shambles Melbourne Heart are at the moment. 4 points from 11 games, bottom of the table with a tactically inept coach. Our most impressive player over the past month is a bloke we have on loan and the future could only get darker. We are now 12 points out of the top 6 and not even 1/2 way thru season. It's time for Munn and Aloisi to be shown the door and a complete rethink about where the club is headed.

What a shambles Melbourne Heart are at the moment. 4 points from 11 games, bottom of the table with a tactically inept coach. Our most impressive player over the past month is a bloke we have on loan and the future could only get darker. We are now 12 points out of the top 6 and not even 1/2 way thru season. It's time for Munn and Aloisi to be shown the door and a complete rethink about where the club is headed.

This is the thread you want

http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/2420-christmas-derby-21st-december-745ko/page-

or 

http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/1376-john-aloisi/

People are about 6 months behind me.....

Old news people. This was inevitable. The people at our club are no bloody good.

Hopefully new ownership will mean positive changed. That being a complete clean out.

Haha 6 months. Longer than that :P

Probably right.

I remember telling you numerous times in the past the people had no idea about football and no idea about Melbourne.

Thought our players shamed us last night, not the managers.

Notable mistakes that cost us dearly:

1. Gerhadt and redmayne

2. Kewell taking an extra step, then misses opportunity to shoot.

3. Dugandzic taking an extra step/touch to shoot, allows keeper and defender to reposition.

4. Hoff inaccurate passes

5. Kisnorbo - goes down when Pain is running towards him. Not attempt to get the ball. WTF? It's not the championship! Happens to many times.

We moved the ball around far better last night than ever before, we held position 55v45 with 10 men! in other words we kept Victory from succeeding in its own game plan. Possible JVS mentoring JA. Our finishing cost us and the visitors were more superior/clinical. Still think we need mgr change for failure to create a good game plan and secondly for failing to educate players to capitalise on chances and shoot straight!! It baffles me how a prolific goal scorer can not get his forwards to finish better.

Edited by Pandev
  • Like 1

1. Gerhadt and redmayne

3. Dugandzic taking an extra step/touch to shoot, allows keeper and defender to reposition.

5. Kisnorbo - goes down when Pain is running towards him. Not attempt to get the ball. WTF? It's not the championship! Happens to many times.

We moved the ball around far better last night than ever before, we held position 55v45 with 10 men! in other words we kept Victory from succeeding in its own game plan. Possible JVS mentoring JA. Our finishing cost us and the visitors were more superior/clinical. Still think we need mgr change for failure to create a good game plan and secondly for failing to educate players to capitalise on chances and shoot straight!! It baffles me how a prolific goal scorer can not get his forwards to finish better.

At the end of the day it looks like most of the players don't really give a fuck anymore. Attitude of players is usually a reflection of the quality of leadership. You have guys on our team who have played under quality coaches, who probably think to themselves what the fuck is this clown, JA doing?

Despite how much all the players and Munn and Didiluica stick up for JA I reckon they all want him gone and it is the board that are keeping him there.

• Like 1

1. Gerhadt and redmayne

At the end of the day it looks like most of the players don't really give a fuck anymore. Attitude of players is usually a reflection of the quality of leadership. You have guys on our team who have played under quality coaches, who probably think to themselves what the fuck is this clown, JA doing?

Despite how much all the players and Munn and Didiluica stick up for JA I reckon they all want him gone and it is the board that are keeping him there.

Spot on, The board need to have a look in the mirror and realize John wont walk, The board need to make the decision to let him go, I dont mind loosing if you can see hope and a game plan (i dont like Adelaide but Gombau is doing this there), But to lose time and time again and get nowhere and have the same excuses and the same everything will be ok just doesnt cut it

did anybody else notice the on field argument between ja and aziz at the end when they came down towards the southern end? very much so fuels thinking that he has lost the dressing room

Didn't see this but can assure you they had heated words after the round 4 match in Brisbane. So wouldn't surprise me.

wasnt aware of that, but aziz wanted to get off and ja kept making him comeback and it seemed pretty heated

Aziz is a fiery guy, so it doesn't surprise me. He makes his feelings clear and lets hope more of the players are doing the same.

If the players feel like they are rudderless, what can we expect from them? Confidence is a big thing, and without it, its going to be more of the same. Its up to the coach to make them "believe", but so far its fallen very flat.

• 10 months later...