Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

It was said before the game and they kept zooming in on some little stumpy Asian dude before kick off and he was also around the tunnel when Kisnorbo was sent off. It should come to light within the next few days. Makes sense to the old owners not to sack JA and let the new owners do it so that way they foot the bill. 

Heard it mentioned, hopefully if true they offer everyone at the club the opportunity to be released. Half our squad look like they couldn't give a shit about the result of games. Only passion comes from Kewell, Aziz, & Paddy G on a regular basis. The rest lay a tackle then stick around to help their opponent up.

I thought he said the next few days to a week ..... The sooner the better if you ask me!!

New owners presented they sack JA JD HF and half the squad and announce a new training base all in the one session would be xmas come early for me!!

Ive watched enough shit since this clown has been in charge not a win in 16 games is hideous!!!

Edited by AntiScum

@calzalol. The new owners are buying the bottom club. Surely they see it as having potential to do better, otherwise why buy it? Surely they would know they would need to make changes to allow the club to move onward and upward?

I do see your point in that actually

OTOH Sidwell might have told them:

"See the crowd we got tonight?  Its like this every week.  And we're last.  All ready to go.  Its Drive Away, No More To Pay.."

• Like 1

My only concern with 'Asian consortiums' is that they seem to have a habit of changing teams names/kits/etc to their own end, Hope they don't try to change anything like that at the Heart.

Brisbane is wholly owned by an Indonesian Engineering Group. There has been no name change there. Whoever owns an A-League licence has to do FFA's bidding when it comes to pretty much everything, so I don't think we need to worry about aspects such as name, colours, kit etc.

• Like 1

My only concern with 'Asian consortiums' is that they seem to have a habit of changing teams names/kits/etc to their own end, Hope they don't try to change anything like that at the Heart.

Brisbane is wholly owned by an Indonesian Engineering Group. There has been no name change there. Whoever owns an A-League licence has to do FFA's bidding when it comes to pretty much everything, so I don't think we need to worry about aspects such as name, colours, kit etc.

Fair enough, that puts my mind at ease a bit.

No need to generalise about the background of football investors. In the global game that is football good investors can be found from every region.

And as JW said, because of the A-League licencing system no significant changes are allowed without FFA approval, it seems certain that no big changes would be allowed to happen to an A-league club's branding, period (as also witnessed with Brisbane Roar, as noted).

The current owners, Sidwell and co., have unfortunately set the bar pretty low with Heart. I think new investors could give Melbourne Heart some much needed positive change (and perhaps some much needed actual financial investment), and could maybe get us on a much more successful path, if things are handled reasonably.