Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

Hope to hear something first week of Feb I have been told tonight. Don't take that as gospel but positive

Lol.

Anyways not about to jump up with joy just yet. Still very little known about who exactly this group is, whether they will continue with the same community programs, whether they will keep us playing at AAMI, whether they will keep the same colours and most importantly whether they will keep up the good relations the previous admin established with active supporters.

^ This ^

I have a smile on my face but its so important that the Club's Identity needs to remain in tact.

However I cant really seeing the club changing to Sky Blue considering SFC are the Sky Blues and our City's rival wear Navy Blue. Agreed. But I'm more concerned with whether they attempt to muscle in and change our style of active support.

The greatest thing about yarraside is our independence from the club and the leeway that is given to support our side the way we want.

You and I both know that our active support has had a very good relationship with our club's admin compared with what other clubs have had to put up with in the aleague and it has been a real postive.

Unfortunately though, history shows that ownership changes usually bring clashes and challenges to the supporterbase as they attempt to mold us to support the club how they want.

Holding my breath for now.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 3

I welcome the new resources. Hope they don't alter the things I've come to love about this club though.

I think it should be acknowledged though, that apart from the massive fuck up in choosing inexperienced coaches, the old board did a lot of things well. Well in my humble opinion anyway. I mean just the fact that they established the club well enough to attract investors and then to negotiate the sale with people who will actually advance the club instead of just selling to anybody. It's hardly an A League fire sale. Good work.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 4

ecstatic .... thrilled .... owners the club deserves!!

Key points of the sale ..... 

City CEO Ferran Soriano emphasising the investment "is for the long term" after choosing Australia as the UAE-backed club's latest outpost following the establishment of New York City in the MLS last year.

While Soriano promised to put the full resources of City's burgeoning talent development structure behind Heart, he emphasised that the club had to keep its own Australian identity.

"This is not a small Manchester team, this is a Melbourne team that will use the resources of the City group. Conceptually they are very different so when people ask if we will bring Manchester City players, I say probably not - we're going to bring the players who are needed in Melbourne

*"We have a network of 36 scouts, who will now be looking for players for Melbourne as well."

"In every organisation that you want to improve, the first thing is to listen," he said. "So we will not make any significant changes until the season is finished, also out of respect for the current manager, team and staff.

"So we will listen, understand everything in detail, then we will decide very fast and we will execute very fast any changes need to be made. This is the lesson we have learned [from Manchester City and New York City].

i also think Nike will be our new kit sponsors and no doubt Etihad will also be a sponsor of some sorts. HELLO AMBITION .... GOOD RIDDANCE MEDIOCRITY!!!

Edited by AntiScum
  • Like 2

Hope to hear something first week of Feb I have been told tonight. Don't take that as gospel but positive

Lol.

Anyways not about to jump up with joy just yet. Still very little known about who exactly this group is, whether they will continue with the same community programs, whether they will keep us playing at AAMI, whether they will keep the same colours and most importantly whether they will keep up the good relations the previous admin established with active supporters.

^ This ^

I have a smile on my face but its so important that the Club's Identity needs to remain in tact.

However I cant really seeing the club changing to Sky Blue considering SFC are the Sky Blues and our City's rival wear Navy Blue.

But I can see us playing at Etihad ffs!

• Like 1

The day your club, that claims to be a community club, sells to a foreign club which you despise everything they stand for and will be run by another club from a different code. I'm out.

It's a franchise pal.

If you are able to just forget all alliegences and emotion you had and embrace something totally different, from name and kit etc then good for you..

The day your club, that claims to be a community club, sells to a foreign club which you despise everything they stand for and will be run by another club from a different code. I'm out.

It's a franchise pal.

If you are able to just forget all alliegences and emotion you had and embrace something totally different, from name and kit etc then good for you..

Without new owners the club would have folded...Sidwell and the rest of the board wanted out and were not willing to inject anymore of their own money into the club. The club could not survive on 5K attendances to home games where they need 8K just to break even.....

• Like 2