Melbourne Football

TERRACE ANNOUNCEMENT RE: AUFC match dec 1

Braveheart

Young Polak, please don't see it as negativity, we all want the same thing, we just need to make sure that it is the clearest message possible. I'm not going to neck myself either and I don't suggest that anyone should

Malloy has already said things are in place for the day, and he or core aren't elaborating on that here.

I'm sure they understand the clarity they need to convey, and whether they have a banner or message prepared or not, we don't know.

Have faith, remain patient, and support the people putting in the work.

No need for division between supporters. We all want the same thing: Aloisi to get sacked, and for the rest of the club to seriously lift their game.

Like it or not, a lot of the media and people in general paint all supporters with the same brush. Active supporters are often seen as representative of all supporters. So Yarraside's actions will almost certainly be seen as representing the opinions of all Heart supporters, regardless of what should or should not happen.

I am a bit concerned that the message will get lost if silence or non-support is the most prominent thing in the first half. 'Supporters give up on Melbourne Heart' and 'supporters stop caring about Heart' are things that I imagine the media might say unless the message is very unambiguous. Don't give the media much credit and expect them to transmit a detailed or slightly ambiguous message, or you will get screwed over.

Nonetheless, I support all supporters sending strong messages to Heart at this point in time. And as I don't have all the information about what will happen at the Adelaide match, I won't judge whether it's a good idea or a bad idea. I do nonetheless trust that a reasonable message will be made clear for Heart's administrators.

Is it strictly 45mins or the whole first half? Because if it's only 45mins then if the first half goes into injury time, which it most likely will, at exactly 45mins the whole of YS cheers like we just scored a goal :-)

...just sayin'...it'd be pretty funny...

thanks for being a smart ass now gtfo.

Those concerned about how a silent protest would affect the marketability of the club are those who supported, and continue to support, the imposition of JA as head coach.

A silent protest is the necessary response to illustrate, as someone explained earlier, the refusal to willingly consume and celebrate shit football.

• Like 3

Cannot believe the amount of stick Y-side is getting on here and on Facebook. As supporters we have endured shit football for not only this season but basically the whole time the club has been in existence. Apart from a period in season 2 we have been served rubbish and we simply deserve better then to rock up every week and watch crap football. Y-side has taken the right action in showing our frustration and I can't believe there are people on here claiming that it will 'damage' the club, I personally think a silent protest till half time is not enough.

Edited by Ritzman

Fully behind this! Don't stand in Yarraside anymore only on occasions regularly did though in the first 2 seaons but have dropped off going to games due to work. Yarraside represents the MHFC supporters as a whole and through this silent protest the club will see how dissapointed and angry fans are at the situation we are currently in. 

I'll preface this by saying I've only been in Yarraside infrequently, but am a big fan of what they bring to the club. 

Personally I've never liked silent protests, to me they come across as petulant and self absorbed. 

I would have preferred to see something that doesn't detract from the atmosphere but enhances it. I think our last couple of home games has seen the crowd unify and I've really felt like the crowd as a whole has just connected with each other and rallied behind eachother, sharing the frustration with everything officially part of the club (on field, staff and administration). I think some strongly worded banners would have worked well, with even more direct messages than the previous "We demand more Heart", which I thought was good. 

Having said that, I trust that this was not a decision taken lightly and am happy to defer to the judgement of the Yarraside core, and hopefully it proves me wrong and sends the message we all hope it will, because change is needed.

• Like 3

I'll preface this by saying I've only been in Yarraside infrequently, but am a big fan of what they bring to the club. 

Personally I've never liked silent protests, to me they come across as petulant and self absorbed. 

I would have preferred to see something that doesn't detract from the atmosphere but enhances it. I think our last couple of home games has seen the crowd unify and I've really felt like the crowd as a whole has just connected with each other and rallied behind eachother, sharing the frustration with everything officially part of the club (on field, staff and administration). I think some strongly worded banners would have worked well, with even more direct messages than the previous "We demand more Heart", which I thought was good. 

Having said that, I trust that this was not a decision taken lightly and am happy to defer to the judgement of the Yarraside core, and hopefully it proves me wrong and sends the message we all hope it will, because change is needed.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel too.

The more important message should be 'we demand a good coach' rather than 'Aloisi out'. His replacement is implicit in the first message, but sacking him and then replacing him with a cheap unskilled plonker is worse than what we have now as we'll quickly turn into another Sydney FC

• Like 2

I think that the fact the supporters feel like they need to do something really shows how little faith we have in the board to make the decisions. What most of those fuckin wankers on Facebook don't realise is that the season will be gone before a change is made. If aloisi is still there this week against Adelaide that's pretty much the season gone right there. The other thing these people don't think about is it's not just seven games. It's almost one and a half seasons of this bullshit.

• Like 1

Further to what has already been said on here, if things remain the same after we lose again this week i for one will cancel any further trips down to Melbourne to watch absolute rubbish football . If the situation remains the same till the end of the season i will NOT be renewing my membership, Founder member, i will be content to watch A league football via Foxtel and FTA  from 300kms away. Whilst this seems to be preaching to the converted i am absolutely sick of watching Melbourne Heart Getting beaten every week along with the cost saving for two people to travel down and accommodation. As i stated to the guy sitting next to us at the last home game, we will be lucky to have 2000 here for the next home game and the way things are going we will be lucky to survive to next season. I realy love football it was what i grew up with in the U.K. but it is heart breaking to watch the drivel that is on the field at Melbourne Heart at the moment something MUST change and real SOON .

• Like 1

People attend matches to support their club, to hopefully see them win, being silent isn't going to help anyone.

Until the (hard)core state these reason and plans that can't be told I doubt other members are going to support this silent protest judging by the facebook post.

This. The original facebook post was extremely vague and made it sound like the protest was simply about losing, instead of highlighting the systematic failures entrenched in the club at present. To make the protest effective you can't just live in a bubble and be content with fellow YS members supporting the decision, you need to do everything you can to get the whole club onside. So far the talk is on the mode of protest itself rather than the issue of management itself because the announcement was handled so poorly. If the silent protest is to go ahead make sure that the demands are written out in a clear and intelligent manner. Don't assume others know about all the issues at the club, be explicit and list every single grievance the supporters have with management. It might also help with the protest that once such demands are written out, distribute them the media outlets such as MFootball, The Age, the Hun, SBS, and Foxtel. Be intelligent about this. Simply having supporters sit there in silence suggests a defeated spirit, but being silent while having a clear and well publicised aim shows a determination to demand better. 

• Like 1

People attend matches to support their club, to hopefully see them win, being silent isn't going to help anyone.

Until the (hard)core state these reason and plans that can't be told I doubt other members are going to support this silent protest judging by the facebook post.

This. The original facebook post was extremely vague and made it sound like the protest was simply about losing, instead of highlighting the systematic failures entrenched in the club at present. To make the protest effective you can't just live in a bubble and be content with fellow YS members supporting the decision, you need to do everything you can to get the whole club onside. So far the talk is on the mode of protest itself rather than the issue of management itself because the announcement was handled so poorly. If the silent protest is to go ahead make sure that the demands are written out in a clear and intelligent manner. Don't assume others know about all the issues at the club, be explicit and list every single grievance the supporters have with management. It might also help with the protest that once such demands are written out, distribute them the media outlets such as MFootball, The Age, the Hun, SBS, and Foxtel. Be intelligent about this. Simply having supporters sit there in silence suggests a defeated spirit, but being silent while having a clear and well publicised aim shows a determination to demand better.

You all pipe on about how there needs to be a clear message and those organizing the terrace have said it won't be discussed on a public forum. Wait until the day and have faith in those who help to create te atmosphere that you al love to engage in week in week out.

Also really who gives a fuck about the media have a look around mate their opinion isn't the highest in regards to us, it's strictly about letting the club know and when a group of people who sing and stand each game sit silently for 45 it makes it quite clear.

• Like 2

Fully behind this! Don't stand in Yarraside anymore only on occasions regularly did though in the first 2 seaons but have dropped off going to games due to work. Yarraside represents the MHFC supporters as a whole and through this silent protest the club will see how dissapointed and angry fans are at the situation we are currently in. 

Incorrect. Yarraside represents the MHFC Active Supporters as a whole.

• Like 1

And you're not an active supporter so your concern is what?

• Like 1

And you're not an active supporter so your concern is what?

My concern is that there's an obvious misconception that Yarraside represents the whole of MHFC supporters so I just thought I clarify it for Fred et al :)

Don't think this will work. If the board gave a shit about what the fans thought or respected them at all they'd never have signed up Aloisi in the first place, or allowed him to run roughshod over your founding vision by recruiting retirees & cast offs and playing like Pulis-era Stoke.

Hope you get a result out of it, but Munn and co have consistently demonstrated they don't give the remotest shit what the fans think. I wouldn't bet on it. Think the division between Yarraside & Joe Pleb Heart Fan from this will be just more damage to add to the list. Obviously not everyone agrees with this course of action, and I don't think coming out and calling people who disagree "flogs" & "cunts" & "passengers" is going to endear you to those people.

All this when you need to be growing your fanbase. Sad what a shitfight this all is. I wish you luck in getting the results required by whatever means possible, but that requires a historically useless, trigger-shy board to actually make a brave, correct decision.

Don't think this will work. If the board gave a shit about what the fans thought or respected them at all they'd never have signed up Aloisi in the first place, or allowed him to run roughshod over your founding vision by recruiting retirees & cast offs and playing like Pulis-era Stoke.

Hope you get a result out of it, but Munn and co have consistently demonstrated they don't give the remotest shit what the fans think. I wouldn't bet on it. Think the division between Yarraside & Joe Pleb Heart Fan from this will be just more damage to add to the list. Obviously not everyone agrees with this course of action, and I don't think coming out and calling people who disagree "flogs" & "cunts" & "passengers" is going to endear you to those people.

All this when you need to be growing your fanbase. Sad what a shitfight this all is. I wish you luck in getting the results required by whatever means possible, but that requires a historically useless, trigger-shy board to actually make a brave, correct decision.

Oh fucking hell, not you..... 

• Like 3

Mate, how about you leave Heart matters to Heart supporters; Yarraside or not...we'll be right without your trolling, thanks.

• Like 1

Those concerned about how a silent protest would affect the marketability of the club are those who supported, and continue to support, the imposition of JA as head coach.

A silent protest is the necessary response to illustrate, as someone explained earlier, the refusal to willingly consume and celebrate shit football.

this farken.

scouse roar. i'm too lazy to get into an argument of whether your opinions are valid/invalid, right/wrong, cunt/not a cunt etc but the only other forum members which support other sides that have spent as much time as you on here is benched (161 posts) and llama (91 posts) and we all know that WSW fans like nothing more than their own voice.

so i ask the question - why? i don't see adelaide fans popping in very often. or jets fans. we haven't been visited by sydney fans for a long time.

why do you feel your opinion is going to be (or should be) anything other than shut down while you're here? especially when i can assure you that at least 75-80% of the people you're talking to know exactly who you are.

is it because you want to contribute to discussions about the club in a positive way? or are you looking for a reaction? 'trolling' as they say? the old 'that would never happen at my club' scenario?

maybe i'm old fashioned but i've never posted on another club's boards regardless of my personal opinions/feelings for them. let fans discuss their own club, and if our fellow supporters from other clubs want to contribute to a discussion, do so on fourfourtwo or somewhere else where you're not just seen as stoking the fire.

• Like 1