Melbourne Football

Calcio

Tesla

genoa.jpg

After their team were losing 0:4, Genoa ultras stopped match at 53th minute. They blocked entrance to dressing room, throw pyro on the pitch and demanded from players to give them shirts becasue they are not worthy wearing club colors.

All of the Genoa players incredibly cooperated, except loan striker Giuseppe Sculli, who refused to remove his shirt, while wing back Giandomenico Mesto broke down in tears.

Captain Marco Rossi, who was given the responsibility of taking the shirts and passing them on to the ultras, proceeded to go over to the group of supporters in a bid to bargain with them.

Sculli then appeared to try to negotiate with his shirt still on, along with Sebastien Frey, who tried to pull his back and was quoted in the Italian media as saying: "This is my shirt, we are all for Genoa."

Frey seemingly played the role of peacemaker between the ultras and players, as he then pleaded with Siena to come back out onto the pitch and complete the game, which still had 37 minutes remaining.

Play finally resumed after a 40 minute delay, with the Bianconeri eventually winning 4-1. However, it is expected that a round of talks between the Genoa players and ultras will commence at the club's training complex on Monday.

Genoa is in danger of being relegated to Seria B

God bless Serie A.

Looking forward to seeing Genoa in Serie B down with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Ragazzo. Here is the table with 2-3 games left of the season. Thoughts, concerns, predictions?

Juve's to lose? Milan in indifferent form may not make up the ground. Napoli probably won't keep third spot as injuries are starting to mount. Udinese are hungry but Inter are Inter even if they are still not quite at their best. will be interesting to see who grabs 4th as well. Have a feeling the Laziale may get it. Such a bunch up of points from 3rd-7th with chances at ECL and Europa league up for grabs will ensure an always furious finish to the season even more interesting.

jp8o7r.png

Edited by Braveheart

2 away games and a derby. Not an easy end to the season at all. in fact very tough. But we have the best form and the best team out of the contenders. Tonight's game is a must win as its by far the easiest of the last 3 games.

I can see lazio maybe slipping up and drawing with siena tonight, but a win form them is expected. Udinese should register a win as well.

Much tougher fixtures next week for everyone, especially Inter. Udinese probably only ones with an easy fixture which gives them an advantage.

Potentially a big game to decide it away to lazio in the last fixture.

Udinese should be favourites right now for third I think. Away to Catania in the last game, but they are out of form. If its us and them tied though we beat them on head-to-head, but if Napoli enter that equation then they take it.

Will reassess after tonights games. Looking for Cesena to try steal at least a draw somehow.

Edited by Tesla

Strong timing of support.

Born in Brunswick FFS: Supported the club since the fucken 1980's.

And its not like any of guys dont know that I supported Juve.

Your the one who claimed to be a Preston Supporter and went to your first game only last year.

As for the cheating we are talking Italian Football its just like Olympic Sprinting: some get caught and some dont... more ashamed of getting caught than actually cheating TBH.

Fuck Sunday's match is huge. Lazio vs Inter.

Inter should be favourites due to the depth of their squad and a number of big game players knowing how to get the job done ie last week's debry.

That said, a trip to the capital with an Olimpico full of nut jobs screaming at you is never an easy day.

Inter have barrels of talent. Lazio have less talent and have missed pivotal moments to snare success in years gone by BUT they are a Club with so much heart and passion for that shirt(not that inter aren't). Rumours abound that Hernanes MIGHT be fit for the match.

I can feel a Victory tbh. However unlikely it may seem and I really think we can define our season here.

le Acquile 2-1 in a thriller. Klose and Rocchi to score.

Paolo says...

LAZIALE, FIRE UP FARKEN!!

uaoe9.jpg

If we are even with Udinese we get 3rd, but if Napoli also becomes even, then they get third.

So tonight, we need to win, Udinese needs to lose, napoli needs to lose or draw.

Its highly improbable, but still possible. The odds are highly against us. Siena is paying $10 to beat Napoli ffs. Gives you an idea of the situation.

• Like 1

What a win. Coming from behind and putting the Interisti to the sword 3-1. Fuck, we should so much heart but sadly Udinese easily accounted for Catania (2-1) and our quest for 3rd spot and the ECL qualifier is over.

Kozak (58')

Candreva(63')

Mauri(90')

Milito(pen 45')

Another season 'that could have been'. With not claiming a win for over a month in the latter half of the season was always going to make the task difficult and we should have been better and not left our fate in others hands.

Another Europa League spot is some consolation I suppose but we need to progress past the groups for this season to retain much meaning.

A decent season overall in which we won both of the only two games in Italian football that really matter, Lazio vs Roma(2-1) and Roma vs Lazio.(1-2). ;)

Good signs overall but much work still to do. Reja was great this season and anybody who says otherwise is either a spastic, a Romanista or both.

We're on the way up. FUCK THE HATERS.

NON MOLLARE MAI.

FORZA LAZIO!

Edited by Braveheart

Oh well, at least we get to add the Europa league to our trophies next season.

I am giving an certified Tesla prophecy here, Fredy Guarin will run shit next season. Great talent, with the team around him playing better and him settling in more and getting some more confidence I think he can emerge as a real star.

I was really looking for Stramaccioni to prove himself and take the manager job permanently, and he has done well, but not sure if its enough. Its risky, but I believe he has the potential, and with the chance of a fresh start next season and bringing in his own players he could do a real good job. The thing that tips me in favour of keeping him permanently is that I dont think we can afford a really top class manager, so if we are going the cheaper route I would much rather Stramaccioni than some manager who has had plenty of chances and shown he is 2nd rate, eg Ranieri.

Good chance to rebuild with no CL to compete for. Get rid of the dead wood (only older players who should be guaranteed to stay are Zanetti and Cambiasso) and bring back Pandev, sign 2-3 quality young players who are ready for first team, and fill the rest of the first team squad with players from the Primavera or who are out on loan, we have plenty of good youngsters who are worth giving a chance.

A lot is made of Alvarez's lack of pace, and every time I watch him play all I can think about is how incredibly slow he is. But, there are many great players who lacked pace. A few of them were even wingers. However, most werent, and I dont really rate Alvarez as a winger. Playing more centrally he is a much better player IMO.

Pandev returned to form and had a really good season at Napoli, but despite this wasnt first 11, such are their attacking talents. I think its best for all parties if he comes back to Inter.

Surely Muntari cant be an Inter player next season.

Would like all those youngsters to be part of the first team next season.

A lot is made of Alvarez's lack of pace, and every time I watch him play all I can think about is how incredibly slow he is. But, there are many great players who lacked pace. A few of them were even wingers. However, most werent, and I dont really rate Alvarez as a winger. Playing more centrally he is a much better player IMO.

Agreed. As a left sided central mid, or even attacking mid, he looks much more comfortable.

Pandev returned to form and had a really good season at Napoli, but despite this wasnt first 11, such are their attacking talents. I think its best for all parties if he comes back to Inter.

Yeah, but I'm still unsure whether he fits Inter.

Will be good to see how Stramaccioni (if he stays) can work with him.

Wouldn't be disappointed if he was sold, though.

Surely Muntari cant be an Inter player next season.

You never know.

Still a decent player, and I doubt Milan will make an offer to buy him...

Would like all those youngsters to be part of the first team next season.

Agreed.

• Like 1

Calcioscommesse.

Calcio is going through a very difficult time now due to all the dodgy stuff players and managers have been doing. match fixing and all.

criscito, kaladze, sculli, not to mention the captain of the bianco azzurri mauri.

e actually gave himself up before police went to him.

said "he wanted to anticipate everyone to get the best cell" LOL

so criscito and perhaps even bonucci will skip the euros.

Juventus & Milan involved again.

Inter not involved again.

I called it as soon as Milan and Juventus started winning again, the cheating is back.

You can only win when you're cheating.

Italian Soccer is like Greyhound racing it just would not be the same without the cheating... B)

Stramaccioni has extended his contract.

I like!

Not too sure, but I think I approve of this.

Also, not too sure, but I think I approve of signing Palacio. No doubt a quality player, but another 30+ year old we dont need.

Kind of scared to imagine what Milito + Palacio up front will result in. brb, scoring 5 goals each game?

Not too sure, but I think I approve of this.

Also, not too sure, but I think I approve of signing Palacio. No doubt a quality player, but another 30+ year old we dont need.

Kind of scared to imagine what Milito + Palacio up front will result in. brb, scoring 5 goals each game?

Disapprove of Palacio.

We'll play 3 up front, which means Palacio will probably be on the left, and if we sign them, Lavezzi/Mertens on the right.