Melbourne Football

Calcio

Tesla

• 2 weeks later...

There used to be an unwritten rule in Serie A where after a team had the game won(ie. about the 4-0 mark) teams would stop scoring out of respect for their opponents. This season shows that rule doesn't exist anymore.

Interesting....

Could it have something to do with more foreigners in the league these days?

• 1 month later...

Not for long now that we have the best player in Serie A, we're coming for that CL spot.

Biggest signing since we won the CL. Can't get over it, so unexpected.

Looks like we'll be back to winning shit with other teams' rejects :up:

Edited by Tesla

• 1 month later...

Bejeebus. Looks like Parma may have gone bankrupt (reports still varied at this point). They had to cancel their match this week due to not being able to afford the match stewards. Players gone unpaid for months.

I remember the 90s where, with the backing of Parmalat, Parma seemed to come from nowhere and began challenging the big teams with some very attractive football. I'm quite stunned, and a little sad. Always had a soft spot for those teams who haven't had that prestigious history, but manage to punch above their weight.

Bejeebus. Looks like Parma may have gone bankrupt (reports still varied at this point). They had to cancel their match this week due to not being able to afford the match stewards. Players gone unpaid for months.

I remember the 90s where, with the backing of Parmalat, Parma seemed to come from nowhere and began challenging the big teams with some very attractive football. I'm quite stunned, and a little sad. Always had a soft spot for those teams who haven't had that prestigious history, but manage to punch above their weight.

Apparently they couldn't afford to pay the electricity bill to open their stadium. 

Players have not been paid this season

Club was sold for 1 euro

might not be able to play vs Genoa because they cant afford a team bus

They will play in the amateur leagues next season imo

• 2 months later...

Vidal sealing the deal once again  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The 'Real' test in 3 days time. Juve along with Barca are lined up for a treble. One can dream.

I CAMPIONE D'ITALIA SIAMO NOI!

SIAMO NOI!

SIAMO NOI!

☆☆☆

██████

██████

██████

Pretty cool story with Carpi having run away with the Serie B title. Last seas was their first ever season in Serie B, and now they'll be playing in Serie A next season. Their stadium has a capacity of 4,000.

Top of the coefficients for the season currently, albeit probably temporarily until tonight's game.

Serie A number one league in Europe.

Lol you're such a fucking geek sometimes. Getting excited about coefficients ffs.

Edited by MaliMate

Top of the coefficients for the season currently, albeit probably temporarily until tonight's game.

Lol you're such a fucking geek sometimes. Getting excited about coefficients ffs.

So by your logic, Croatian League> Greece, Dutch & Turkish Leagues. I can deal with that :)

• Like 1

Pretty cool story with Carpi having run away with the Serie B title. Last seas was their first ever season in Serie B, and now they'll be playing in Serie A next season. Their stadium has a capacity of 4,000.

Love those little club stories. If you find it, give The Miracle of Castel di Sangro a read. About how a small town, run by a mafia figure, has their club reach Serie B despite not having a stadium large enough to host games. Probably about 12 years ago now. Am getting old.

Serie B has been fun this season. Vicenza in third place despite only getting promoted to B via a court action launched by Novara to fill the void created by the expulsion of another club (memory has gone on that one). Brescia on their way out of B too, but via the wrong exit.

So by your logic, Croatian League> Greece, Dutch & Turkish Leagues. I can deal with that :)

Lol well this season Croatian teams have outperformed teams from those countries in Europe. But that's why the 5 year coefficents are used to actually rank the teams because one season may be an outlier, and I think if you look over the rankings that leads to a pretty damn accurate ranking in regard to the strength of each league over the last 5 years.. Either way this has been a massive season for Italy in Europe, and will lead to a very strong coefficient over the next 5 years. Could end up overtaking England.

Edited by Tesla

Lol you're such a fucking geek sometimes. Getting excited about coefficients ffs.So by your logic, Croatian League> Greece, Dutch & Turkish Leagues. I can deal with that :) Lol well this season Croatian teams have outperformed teams from those countries in Europe. But that's why the 5 year coefficents are used to actually rank the teams because one season may be an outlier, and I think if you look over the rankings that leads to a pretty damn accurate ranking in regard to the strength of each league over the last 5 years.. Either way this has been a massive season for Italy in Europe, and will lead to a very strong coefficient over the next 5 years. Could end up overtaking England.

Yet Croatia hasn't had a team in the last 16 of the CL in forever. Bullshit calculations for mine, cbf going to look but don't you get the same amount of points for winning a group stage match as you do a final?

Lol you're such a fucking geek sometimes. Getting excited about coefficients ffs.So by your logic, Croatian League> Greece, Dutch & Turkish Leagues. I can deal with that :) Lol well this season Croatian teams have outperformed teams from those countries in Europe. But that's why the 5 year coefficents are used to actually rank the teams because one season may be an outlier, and I think if you look over the rankings that leads to a pretty damn accurate ranking in regard to the strength of each league over the last 5 years.. Either way this has been a massive season for Italy in Europe, and will lead to a very strong coefficient over the next 5 years. Could end up overtaking England.

Yet Croatia hasn't had a team in the last 16 of the CL in forever. Bullshit calculations for mine, cbf going to look but don't you get the same amount of points for winning a group stage match as you do a final?

Yes and no, it's the same amount of points but there are also bonus points for qualifying from the CL group stage, making it to the quarters, semis, the final etc. Plus you obviously win a lot more matches to reach this different stages.

And Croatia is ranked 17th, it's not above any countries that have had a team make the last 16 in the CL in years apart from Scotland and even that would be a while ago.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, haz said:

Ah Wot.  Atleast Melbourne City's logo turned out ok.

new-juventus-logo_ltar5e1hf5s612hr3iniq3831.png

Achievement unlocked!

Fucking shit cunt designer 50G

im an inter fan but god this annoys me as the clubs tradition is thrown out aside from the colours. At least our (city) logo looks traditional and footbally. Not a discount Nautica emblem 

• 4 months later...