Melbourne Football

YOUR best Melbourne XI when Dugandzic, Behich and Hoffman leave for Olyroo Duties.

MTP

After this weekends game, 2 of our more influential players, and 1 average Jason Hoffman leave for several weeks to serve the National U23 Side.

Of late Hoffman has been starting matches, which means we will lose 3 of our starting XI.

Who would be your best XI whilst these guys are gone.

Bolton

Marrone Hamill Colosiomo Good

Germano

Fred Thompson

Alex Terra Worm

Babalj

Subs: Mattei, Sarkies, Williams, Reid

Would be my team, again this is just my opinion

Discuss.

EDIT: FFS dont know how to make it look like a proper formation, but its a 4-3-3.

Edited by MTP

Bolton

Marrone Hamill Colosimo Good

Thompson Germano Terra

Williams Babalj Worm

Bench- Sarkies, Shroj, Reid

Start off 433 but once we settle, change to 3133 with Germano moving to holding midfielder and marrone pushing up that right flank, when Behich went last time Good was alright on the left but couldn't make those runs like Aziz. Expecting a 1-0 win.

------------------Bolton-----------------

Marrone---Hamill---Colosimo---Good

--------Thompson---Germano--------

-------------------Fred-------------------

Terra-----------Babalj------------Worm

As Huzie said, the ability for Good, Shime & Hamill to become a back 3 and push Marrone further into midfield. Fred, Germano & Thompson all have the skill and tactical nous to be able to interchange between each other.

Marrone---Hamill---Colosimo---Thompson

-----------Shroj---------Germano--------

-------------------Reid-------------------

Williams-----------Babalj----------Terra

Terra used as a left side roamer, Williams as an orthodox right winger, Worm can f*ck off - WIlliams > Worm

Shroj & Germano at the hub of midfield both used as box-to-box midfielders, I chose Thompson at LB because with Reid I think that midfield spot that Thompson usually plays is sewn up & just as strong, Thompson at LB because he can still attack & I feel he will be better at a LB position in defence rather than a CB where he was playing at the start of the season & because he is probably a little quicker than Good when getting back.

isn't there a possibility he could be back for the derby?

Lets hope so, yeah as Huzie said, once before we brought him back early comes off before HT injured again, tbh its to much of a risk coming close to finals soon, just let him recover, because we need him for the finals if we are going to have any chance imo.

fuck our lives, we are so fucked

on the positive,

Marrone---Hamill---Colosimo---Good

--------Thompson---Germano--------

-------------------Fred-------------------

Terra-----------Babalj------------Worm

-Sharpy

that formation sounds fucking good, as long as freds back.

Edited by macrrii

I'm happy for them to go because it's good exp but I don't understand why ccm only get 2 players selected and don't lose their 2 good players (amini & ibini) and Hamill Good and Babalj are named on stand by! It's also not fair because Wellington don't lose anybody!?! shits fucked! Rabble! Rabble rabble!!

Yeah, it's a pretty ordinary looking squad. I'd love to see some of our boys in London but I'm not confident we'll even make it.

But anyway, all those teams are fine. We'll be ok. We've just played two of our better games and Dugandzic wasn't a factor in either. But Williams and Worm need to start getting on the score sheet. We'll miss the attack from Behich, but Good will be ok. If we can have a decent run with injuries, we've got the depth to put out a good team.

We've recently had two of our best performances with him playing like shite.

I wouldn't say that mate, tbh our 2 best performances would have been against Newcastle at home 3-0, also Sydney away 4-0 away, he played magnificent both of them games.

Never said "the best" lol.

Do you think that Mate is a bigger loss then Aziz?

aziz is a bigger loss than Mate because Terra can quite easily slot into that right wing position and still has the same impact that Mate has with that explosive pace and ability to take players on. We don't have any players however that are similar to aziz playing as left back EXCEPT for zahra, but i doubt he will come back into the squad so suddenly