Melbourne Football

The Answer!

Dunkos

Paul Sturrock, Craig Levein, George Burley any of these guys don't have a job and would bring success to the club! we need a manager who has knowledge of the game NOT LONG BALL we don't wan't JVS who at best was passable we need quality, we must look for experience and someone who can bring knowledge of the game! the board may want an Australian coach, but lets face it we need wins, we need a COACH! not someone who only talks to the players the following day....... 

The Board don't know who to appoint there is three candidates who should be in melbourne monday for interview! Tuesday one of them is appointed, thats the answer - another thread was created because all the others only want Aloisi sacked we don't need to tell the board this we need to tell them who we get as a replacement!

Drop weilhart, cost us the last 3 goals. Bring in vrankovic, start gol gol up front, put Mifsud on the right wing, mate behind gol gol

I don't know where to start.

Weilhart needs to be put on notice at least though, he's cost us two goals in the past 2 weeks. People we're saying he was the best CB in the league and he gave away one of the worst penalities I've ever seen.

Drop weilhart, cost us the last 3 goals. Bring in vrankovic, start gol gol up front, put Mifsud on the right wing, mate behind gol gol

Weilhart needs to be put on notice at least though, he's cost us two goals in the past 2 weeks. People we're saying he was the best CB in the league and he gave away one of the worst penalities I've ever seen.

If walker did his Job RW wouldn't have had to be rushing over and making a rash tackle

If walker did his Job RW wouldn't have had to be rushing over and making a rash tackle

This!!!

Jezza was way out of place several times throughout the match, especially for the goals.

Di Canio, takes not prisoners in his approach and winning is his no.1 priority.

Mussolini didn't take many prisoners either And the trains ran on time.

I don't know where to start.Weilhart needs to be put on notice at least though, he's cost us two goals in the past 2 weeks. People we're saying he was the best CB in the league and he gave away one of the worst penalities I've ever seen.If walker did his Job RW wouldn't have had to be rushing over and making a rash tackle If only we could play Mussolini as a Full Back.

True, i don't disagree with that Malloy. Walkers been very average since he had been back IMO, he gives us more going forward, but his marking so far has been poor.

However, that doesn't excuse Wielart from giving away the penalty. It was an extremely poor tackle from someone who is a lot better than that, and if he had been more aware he would've realised Cianese had absolutely jack shit to pass too in the box. All he had to do was stay in front of him, even though he's not the quickest bloke on the pitch he should've done better. We had 2 in the box ffs.

And then the Western Sydney wanderers goal, he should've dealt with that, it was of all things, a long ball that he should've cleared from the area easily, but instead it hit the side of his head, giving shannon cole the goal. He completely misjudged the flight of the ball.

To me it seems he is getting frustrated and this is why his play has not been as good compared to the first two rounds. I understand that you can only hold back the tide for so long, but these are school yard errors from someone who is better than that.

I don't know who should be managing our club, but I rekon we should get Mark Rudan in as an assistant and train him up. But this time actually give him the job after a few years...

Not sure about Foxe as he isn't exactly Learning off the best is he, but we could keep him on I am sure.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but Mark Rudan was uncharacteristically gentle on our team tonight. unusual for him, he's never had a nice thing ti say about us

I have noticed this a few times elsewhere too. Other than Bozza's spray (which was spot on by the way) the mood towards our club from the haters seems to have gone from one of dislike to deep concern. The longer this club goes without reaching the potential it has been spruiking since coming into the league, the harder it is going to be for us to turn things around. It seems that things have reached such a low point that people are starting to realize that their concern about Heart becoming yet another one to ad to the list of clubs that tried and failed could soon be a reality.

fwiw i do believe a second melbourne team does have the potential to be very successful as long as it it run properly

Sustaining a second team and being a successful team are two different things. As for being fantastic off the field I honestly don't know how you can say that.

*unless you are referring to yarraside of course

Why? Organisationally, the club, the board, etc. have all been run well.

We might not agree with their decisions in regards to the football department, but objectively they haven't done anything wrong in an operative sense.

• Like 1

Sustaining a second team and being a successful team are two different things. As for being fantastic off the field I honestly don't know how you can say that.

We might not agree with their decisions in regards to the football department, but objectively they haven't done anything wrong in an operative sense.

If the club are not even close to being competitive then imo the club is not being run well.

If the club are not even close to being competitive then imo the club is not being run well.

In a sense you are right but all organisations will make mistakes, especially 'startups'. What is important is how you recover from mistakes and what you learn from them. This is a crucial year for this club

Probably referring to the "community involvement" of MHFC. Didn't I read somewhere about the number of school children who have taken part in clinics etc? Also the community football weekends that we do.

We don't publicise these activities very well IMO. I have suggested to the club on several occasions that the weekly newsletter could mention where we are going and where we have been on school visits.

In a sense you are right but all organisations will make mistakes, especially 'startups'. What is important is how you recover from mistakes and what you learn from them. This is a crucial year for this club

For me the issue is more that someone like me who has absolutely no idea how to run a football club forsore that these decisions were going to end in disaster but I trusted the club knew what they were doing.

They are going to have to do something pretty fucking spectacular very soon for me to have any #belief in them.

And as for community work thats all good and well but let's sort out our number one priority before we worry about the warm and fuzzies. Last time I checked we were a football club not a community service

I hear you, but if you check back you'll see that success on the field was not the only value the club had when it started.

I quote David Kobritz (Vice-Chairman): http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/hearts-pounding-20120128-1qn8s.html

'From the board right through the management and players we have a strategy in mind over three to five years to create a very clear identity in Melbourne.

Success on the field will be a big part of that, but we are very community focused on a lot of work we do outside the football itself.

The youth policy and the style of football we play is also important.

The policy has been to concentrate on bringing youth through the system. We have to provide a pathway for these young boys that have shown the

potential to go to the next level. The club has to maintain the strength of the squad, and those boys are an integral part of it.'

The highlighting is mine.

When I comment elsewhere about how the club has moved away from its original values, this is the basis on which I make that comment.

Edited by jw1739