Melbourne Football

Stefan Mauk

Deluka

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Sack JVS just for not playing this guy all season.

Though I think he was injured for a while wasn't he?

Surely the only explanation.

For most of the season

Correct. Was injured from December to late April, and consequently he only played 125 minutes this season (BTW he was away with Australian youth international sides for most of October and November). Did real well last night IMO given that he played 39 minutes last night, which was really being chucked in the deep end.

BTW the club really shoots itself in the foot by not getting this information out there. Leads to so much confusion and annoyance over players not getting selected for match-day squads, and for not getting played.

GIven that Mauk was subbed on, and Murdocca was not, I'd wager that Mauk has a future at this club and out of contract Murdocca doesn't. 

Edited by Murfy1

Agree Murfy, I rated this guy as our most talented young player at the end of last season, and a legitimate talent as well unlike a lot of youngsters who get hyped up, so it was pretty unusual to see him not getting game time this season. The club really should have made it clearer what was going on. Good to see him continuing to play well post injury.

• Like 2

Played very well when he came on and showed some urgency. Hopefully breakout season next year however I feel Melling get the nod over him in the starting line up.

decent young players and quality competition for positions are good problems that we've not had many of before! 

Played very well when he came on and showed some urgency. Hopefully breakout season next year however I feel Melling get the nod over him in the starting line up.

decent young players and quality competition for positions are good problems that we've not had many of before!

Agreed. We should have 2/3 youngsters on every line vying for def,mid,for positions - that would mean approx 9 and if you include a keeper 10 under 23's in a squad of 24.

• 2 weeks later...

No, you could only follow it on twatter. Or if you were in the central coast, you could have gone to the game unfortunately.

Ended Aus 1 - 2 USA

USA scored in the 60' and 61', increadable, would love to see some highlights of that! With Mauk the only Aussie to score on 15'.

Edited by moops

• 5 months later...

Looking forward to seeing a midfield of Melling, Mooy and Mauk. Should be so much more energetic than what we usually go with.

Though I'd still start Koren ahead of Mauk when all available, I think it's fantastic that Mauk will get the opportunity this season to really define his career and establish himself as a good player.

Really hope he goes well.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Not a 90 minute player yet, but Mauk's producing some quality football ATM. 2 goals in 3 A-League matches, whilst showing an excellent first touch and composure on the ball, together with excellent forward runs and end-product in attack. His last goal showcased what he can do:

With Mauk playing like he is ATM, it'll be interesting what happens when Koren is fit enough to play..

• Like 1