Melbourne Football

Stefan Mauk

Deluka

21 hours ago, HeartOfCity said:

He's that good that he couldnt get a game in holand, what happened to kids bouncing from club to club learning there craft and finally making a fist of it instead these guys come back with there tail between there legs because its to hard ffs. Good luck to the spud! 

Interesting to compare him to Amini. 

Amini goes to Dortmund, can't get a game in their U23s. Gets some shit from back here, basically just says "get real, it's a bloody high standard, will take time". Stays, after A YEAR, eventually breaks in to the U23s (so not exactly the firsts), keeps at it, then gets a transfer to the Danish League, now playing regularly and hey presto in the Socceroos squad.

Mauk plays half a game in the firsts, gets told he needs to work on his weaknesses, sulks and gets out as soon as he can back to the A League.

Mauk probably thinks Amini "is lucky"

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Interesting to compare him to Amini. 

Amini goes to Dortmund, can't get a game in their U23s. Gets some shit from back here, basically just says "get real, it's a bloody high standard, will take time". Stays, after A YEAR, eventually breaks in to the U23s (so not exactly the firsts), keeps at it, then gets a transfer to the Danish League, now playing regularly and hey presto in the Socceroos squad.

Mauk plays half a game in the firsts, gets told he needs to work on his weaknesses, sulks and gets out as soon as he can back to the A League.

Mauk probably thinks Amini "is lucky"

An example of the difference that Warren Joyce has spoken of in terms of young players. One prepared to work hard, the other not.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, mhfcwa said:

Just when I was started to get excited about the season, we sign this ungrateful spud. I hope Wazza never plays him.

Ungrateful? - yes. Spud?- no.

Surprising move. Club is gambling they can get him to shelve his self proclaimed GOAT status and work hard and actually perform.

Hes got the talent, but has he grown up enough? I guess we'll see.

Sorry but you cant take back what he did. If he did that in any other league he would be slaughtered if he tried to return. Also wasn't he meant to sign for Victory? He obviously is just looking for gametime.... I expect another fallout about halfway through the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, haz said:

Sorry but you cant take back what he did. If he did that in any other league he would be slaughtered if he tried to return. Also wasn't he meant to sign for Victory? He obviously is just looking for gametime.... I expect another fallout about halfway through the season.

Somebody who runs up to his old fans club and does this? That loss cost us a top 2 finish, he knew that.

I'm not sure why people are trying to defend him, he is a rat and he won't last long.

20264602_10154509445966268_9190415059385039485_n.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, haz said:

Why would he get more game time with us over victree who are losing players hand over fist

53 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Ungrateful? - yes. Spud?- no.

Surprising move. Club is gambling they can get him to shelve his self proclaimed GOAT status and work hard and actually perform.

Hes got the talent, but has he grown up enough? I guess we'll see.

He is a squaddie (at best!) With an attitude problem. More than happy to be proven wrong. I won't be watching if he gets regular game time anyway.

17 hours ago, jeffplz said:

They touch on the maturity a bit but otherwise dodge the topic

i cant say i ever know that much about his attitude problem when he was at city before hand.  JVS did seem like a bit of a soft touch.  i always appreciated mauks aggression and work rate on the pitch.  the kind of hussle that we were absolutely lacking last year when they cleared out mauk and melling.

might be reading too much into it but it seemed weird that he wouldnt look valkanus in the eyes in that video.

He is the last player I expected us to sign. Some people may have forgotten how well he played the season before last.

Here he is making a great run and neatly finishing THAT pass from Mooy against Victory:

And here is the diving header from a Ben Garrucio cross in the next derby:

Here is his great goal against Newcastle, he wins a tackle, beats his man, plays 2 wall passes and scores.

And here he is for Adelaide cutting through the centre of the CCM defence and scoring:

4 hours ago, Jovan said:

And here he is maliciously butchering an unaware opponent and effectively ruing a carrer.

I was going over it in my head just now:

* dives in the box wins a pen 

* instigates a scuffle at half time that leads to one of our key players being suspended

* winds up our fans when subbed

* hacks one of our young players down 20m off the ball, ending his career 

So we sign him back 18 months later.

Did anyone go through these details with Wazza? 

I don't boo our players but it's going to take a lot to get me to cheer this guy. Needs to show he's a real man now and not the petulant little boy that did those things.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Spoke to mauk tonight about the 2-0 picture. Was very upfront about it all basically said that it was white line fever and that he hopes the fans can embrace him again. 

First step is admitting. Good on him.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shahanga said:

* hacks one of our young players down 20m off the ball, ending his career 

Whilst I agree that it was a dog act and piss poor, let's be honest, there was around about a 0% chance of Wade Dekker's contract being renewed at the end of that season, whether he'd gotten injured or not. He was a decent enough young kid, but lets not act like he was a worldbeater who had his career cut short in his prime or anything.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Whilst I agree that it was a dog act and piss poor, let's be honest, there was around about a 0% chance of Wade Dekker's contract being renewed at the end of that season, whether he'd gotten injured or not. He was a decent enough young kid, but lets not act like he was a worldbeater who had his career cut short in his prime or anything.

True, but any chance of a new contract was snuffed out at that moment. 

Ultimately it's now up to Mauk I guess. He plays well he'll win people over, regardless of his past.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Dylan said:

What makes you say that? 

Not surprised about that imo, does seem to have a bit of a strikers instinct 

Because that's where he went in the cup game when Bruno went off and that was my best guess of the line up in the last friendly. Also wazza thinks so little of Crowley that he left him on the bench when Bruno went off. 

Youd have to think Cahill would be first choice but he's not going to play 90 too often.

(Yeah I think he does too.)

6 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Because that's where he went in the cup game when Bruno went off and that was my best guess of the line up in the last friendly. Also wazza thinks so little of Crowley that he left him on the bench when Bruno went off. 

Youd have to think Cahill would be first choice but he's not going to play 90 too often.

(Yeah I think he does too.)

Ahh right, I didn't see much of the cup game. I don't think Crowley is any good either. People seem to forget he has already had one chance to make it at aleague level and didn't, so no-one could be surprised that he issnt doing much here either

8 minutes ago, Jovan said:

What about the kid that scored the hat trick against Red Star recently he could be ahead of Crowley. 

Yeah one of the assistant coaches was on Daily Football Show, he reckons Roberts might be about a year away, to give him more time in the NPL. But he does train with the senior squad. In fact the coach actually said since he has had some game time in the NPL and trains with the seniors, played quite a big part in him doing so well when playing in the tournament against kids his own age

9 minutes ago, Jovan said:

What about the kid that scored the hat trick against Red Star recently he could be ahead of Crowley. 

You mean John Roberts? He's only 16-17 (can't quickly find his dob). We'll be sending them out in nappies soon. FMD, if CFG can't send us a marquee injury replacement from players already on their books then it's not worth being a member of the Group.