Melbourne Football

Stefan Mauk

Deluka

21 hours ago, jw1739 said:

However, I did note that Paartalu sent Adelaide a "good luck" message before the semi-final against us.

Really? Jesus Christ.

So frustrating continually hearing that our club culture is fucked but not being able to do anything about it. Get your shit together City.

11 minutes ago, Kinnibari said:

Really? Jesus Christ.

So frustrating continually hearing that our club culture is fucked but not being able to do anything about it. Get your shit together City.

I reckon this says more about Paartalu than city. 

He may be pissed at the club, but by sending that message shows that he also doesn't give a shit about all the blokes he played with during his time here. 

Juvenile.

1 minute ago, rass said:

He may be pissed at the club, but by sending that message shows that he also doesn't give a shit about all the blokes he played with during his time here. 

Juvenile.

Unprofessional 

• Like 1

I agree. Its poor form. But interesting that in the two seasons we have been city we have had Koren, Mauk and Paartalu all openly and publicly (at different levels but still very blatantly) bagging out the club

*Garcia too

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rass said:

Juvenile.

Agreed. But it's not just this. Idk, it's hard to know what's fact and what's just rumour too about any internal issues.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Said that JVS was not utilizing him properly

Yes he did. Mifsud also said the same about JA. But both were pretty low-key really. The majority of ex-Heart/City players have said absolutely nothing against the club or its personnel publicly.

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

Yes he did. Mifsud also said the same about JA. But both were pretty low-key really. The majority of ex-Heart/City players have said absolutely nothing against the club or its personnel publicly.

I am not saying he is right or wrong. I am just saying that for a player to openly question the decisions of the manager in a presser is pretty big. Normally i would dismiss it as the player having a tantrum but the fact others that have left are openly having a crack at the club does raise eyebrows. Does this happen at other clubs?

And at the end of the day, regardless of what he was like on the park, Koren was right. Jvs is incompetent

42 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I am not saying he is right or wrong. I am just saying that for a player to openly question the decisions of the manager in a presser is pretty big. Normally i would dismiss it as the player having a tantrum but the fact others that have left are openly having a crack at the club does raise eyebrows. Does this happen at other clubs?

And at the end of the day, regardless of what he was like on the park, Koren was right. Jvs is incompetent

The most interesting thing about the Koren comments to me were that this guy has captained clubs and his country. Not only did he make those outspoken comments but he was apparently cut because of his attitude in the locker room. Seemed a little out of character to me and hard to look anywhere else than at JVS there.

As far as Mauk goes, I've heard a number of stories about him being a generally unlikable cunt so I'm not really surprised by his behaviour to be honest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Embee said:

The most interesting thing about the Koren comments to me were that this guy has captained clubs and his country. Not only did he make those outspoken comments but he was apparently cut because of his attitude in the locker room. Seemed a little out of character to me and hard to look anywhere else than at JVS there.

As far as Mauk goes, I've heard a number of stories about him being a generally unlikable cunt so I'm not really surprised by his behaviour to be honest.

funnily enough, I've heard from the father of  former Youth team player that Mauk was/is a nice guy, who questioned how he was chosen to play for the Australian Under 23's

3 minutes ago, japiedog said:

funnily enough, I've heard from the father of  former Youth team player that Mauk was/is a nice guy, who questioned how he was chosen to play for the Australian Under 23's

I'm sure he has a couple of mates haha.

I've heard the complete opposite from a couple of people though, and based off how the team reacted to his antics a few weeks back I'd say it supports the theory that there's some bad blood there.

1 minute ago, Embee said:

I've heard the complete opposite from a couple of people though, and based off how the team reacted to his antics a few weeks back I'd say it supports the theory that there's some bad blood there.

I'm sure that you are right, I'm just going of what I was told

On 4/28/2016 at 1:19 PM, Embee said:

Was your source S16?

On 28 April 2016 at 10:53 AM, Kinnibari said:

On 27 April 2016 at 0:55 PM, jw1739 said:

Hoffman.

I think the point is that none except Mauk seem to have been antagonistic towards City. Almost all have just moved on to a new opportunity with seemingly no hard feelings. However, I did note that Paartalu sent Adelaide a "good luck" message before the semi-final against us.

Where was this message to Adelaide? Source?

I think some players can't handle the fact that City is kind of more ruthless now when it comes to chopping and changing players. Also with JVS being a poor man manager he probably can't smooth these decisions over.                                      

Anyway hopefully CFG will be that ruthless with our coaching stuff and give this club a much needed breath of fresh air. 

57 minutes ago, Ray said:

Where was this message to Adelaide? Source?

I can't find it now - been looking for a couple of days. Should have kept it when I first saw the report. You'll have to take my word for it (although I know that this is not very satisfactory).

So based on an unsubstantiated report from a Greek construction worker he is now regarded as being unprofessional by many on here? I certainly can remember his absolute joy when he scored the header against the Tards. Haradly someone who was not a club man!

It wasn't his fault that he left! JVS dumped him after the Perth Cup game and he was in the bad books after that because of an inept manager - nothing else.

Same goes for Stefan. Whilst some of his antics back to the crowd after he was deliberately taken out by Sorensen may have been unnecessary, we lost a player which would have added NOT subtracted to our chances next year. Again inept management.

24 minutes ago, Ray said:

So based on an unsubstantiated report from a Greek construction worker he is now regarded as being unprofessional by many on here? I certainly can remember his absolute joy when he scored the header against the Tards. Haradly someone who was not a club man!

It wasn't his fault that he left! JVS dumped him after the Perth Cup game and he was in the bad books after that because of an inept manager - nothing else.

Same goes for Stefan. Whilst some of his antics back to the crowd after he was deliberately taken out by Sorensen may have been unnecessary, we lost a player which would have added NOT subtracted to our chances next year. Again inept management.

You're a little harsh on the reliability of my word, but let's leave it at that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

"When you're playing in a winning team it's easier to play better"

lol his bants arent bad

Yeah totally poor form in that one. 

Must have been some seriously bad blood between him and the club for him to carry on like he has.

15 minutes ago, Heart_fan said:

Yeah totally poor form in that one. 

Must have been some seriously bad blood between him and the club for him to carry on like he has.

Club believed they nurtured him and hence feel disrespected by the way he behaved back.

Guess he's laughing now though...

didn't see this link till now http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/adelaide-united-midfielder-stefan-mauk-admits-he-was-heartbroken-when-jeered-by-melbourne-city-fans/news-story/b7e97aab03023910e161039d0372edf4
wonder why he's still bringing us into it then

did the club help him out when his dad died or was that before he was with us? incredibly poor if it was during his time with us 

11 hours ago, jw1739 said:

You're a little harsh on the reliability of my word, but let's leave it at that.

out of likes. Surely JW doesn't need to post a link to be believed.

Anyway in regards to young Mauk, the lad is a very talented footballer. Where city went wrong is they didn't re-sign him last year, presumably because of his injury issues. This year trading him made sense "long term" because he was going to leave at the end of the season anyway.

As to him the person, well I don't care what he says to people, his off the ball trip of Dekker spoke volumes about him. I only hope he grows up soon, otherwise his life (without friends to help out) is going to be hard.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Jovan said:

Made the socceroo squad vs England. 

Can't really see him playing. 

It's City Mk II.

Will be forever in Aaron Mooy's shadow.

Deserves his call up to the squad, but Mooy is a looong way in front of him in present. FWIW I think Mooy is the single most important player in the Socceroos set up these days.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Deserves his call up to the squad, but Mooy is a looong way in front of him in present. FWIW I think Mooy is the single most important player in the Socceroos set up these days.

Agree 100% on this one. A year ago I would have said Luongo but he hasn't really built on his Asian Cup performances.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...