Melbourne Football

Stefan Mauk

Deluka

I heard tonight from a member of MCFC staff what Mauk actually said to the bench in the last game at AAMI. For a lad who was basically nurtured as a footballer from the age of 17 at our club, the disrespect he showed to those who had mentored him and guided him was really really average.  Good riddance I say. 

1 minute ago, Defibrillator said:

I heard tonight from a member of MCFC staff what Mauk actually said to the bench in the last game at AAMI. For a lad who was basically nurtured as a footballer from the age of 17 at our club, the disrespect he showed to those who had mentored him and guided him was really really average.  Good riddance I say. 

What did he say?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Defibrillator said:

The club flogged him off it wasnt his choice to go so you could pretty much say poor form from the club also but thats football for you (and no im not defending him for what ever was said).

Love to hear what was said if you dont want to post it can you PM me?

Edited by AntiScum

10 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

So basically Stefan Mauk has been able to get inside the benches/players head.

Not knowing what he said and assuming that there is a kernel of truth about what he has said - and there must be otherwise it would not work - then it is obvious that there are some problems with the culture of the club. I would also note that Paartalau and Williams left without saying much.

This is the domain of Munn and JVS. They are the ones who are meant to fix any errant cultural issues and that incident clearly shows that they haven't got a grip on it.

10 hours ago, AntiScum said:

The club flogged him off it wasnt his choice to go so you could pretty much say poor form from the club also but thats football for you (and no im not defending him for what ever was said).

Love to hear what was said if you dont want to post it can you PM me?

"The club flogged him off"? You mean he had no say in it? He was born in Adelaide and my reading is that he wanted to go. Maybe there were issues we don't know about but his body language and behaviour since has been poor to say the least.

Is it me or does anyone else feels the same way when they saw Mauk? I just don't like this kid anymore. The disrespect he has shown to the cub that virtually developed him and yet he did that (2-0 sign) to us. Given, he did day that he was provoked. Being a footballer he should have known better. If players can not celebrate after scoring a goal against his former club, the least he could have done is just ignore whomever was cursing him at that time. Really disappointing 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mjake1234 said:

"The club flogged him off"? You mean he had no say in it? He was born in Adelaide and my reading is that he wanted to go. Maybe there were issues we don't know about but his body language and behaviour since has been poor to say the least.

Nope no say what so ever he was pushed out purely because JVS wanted Malik because Paartalau didnt want to play under JVS.

5 hours ago, NewConvert said:

So basically Stefan Mauk has been able to get inside the benches/players head.

Not knowing what he said and assuming that there is a kernel of truth about what he has said - and there must be otherwise it would not work - then it is obvious that there are some problems with the culture of the club. I would also note that Paartalau and Williams left without saying much.

This is the domain of Munn and JVS. They are the ones who are meant to fix any errant cultural issues and that incident clearly shows that they haven't got a grip on it.

Spot on if a former player can get into the beches/players heads it says alot. The truth does usually hurt!!

The problem is JVS its been known for a very long time and if you turn a blind eye its going to keep happening. A few weeks ago someone on live air said JVS didnt say a word at half time talk? WTF He has never had control over his players and he never will. How he has kept his job is well beyond me.

Paartalau and Williams left without saying much says they couldnt get out quick enough.

Season`s over hopefully they fix the internal bullshit and get rid of the toxic problems that are around the place.

Club has the right to make a decision which is considered best for the CLUB. 

players are moved on or swapped in football all the time, it's part of the game. 

If this idiot thinks he is bigger than the club and therefore untouchable he is delusional. 

Hate him wholeheartedly. 

F off 

Edited by Jestr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, japiedog said:

forgot to add, that he now lasts the whole 90 minutes,

Because Adelaide are far more effective with their passing. They make the ball do the work.

This is not really about Mauk at all. Like nearly everything else, this is about van 't Schip.

• Like 2

Agree with the above, but I can see the logic in swapping him with Malik given that Partaalu was leaving and Caseres coming in. FWIW Caseres is a better and classier player than Mauk.

Plus take into account the obvious bad attitude he has with his ex teammates which obviously was a problem from the onset of the season. I can understand if he had a problem with JVS and management, but to have relationship issues with teammates is confirmation that he is a prick.

I recon its just a matter of time before his poor behavior shows up at Adelaide if he is still there next season.

Glad to see the back of him TBH.

Hopefully Dekker does a studs up flying kick to his throat with the leg the cnt broke at his next opportunity, a says to him, 'Do you remember this leg you wanker.'

Fk him.

Edited by playmaker

10 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Agree with the above, but I can see the logic in swapping him with Malik given that Partaalu was leaving and Caseres coming in. FWIW Caseres is a better and classier player than Mauk.

Plus take into account the obvious bad attitude he has with his ex teammates which obviously was a problem from the onset of the season. I can understand if he had a problem with JVS and management, but to have relationship issues with teammates is confirmation that he is a prick.

I recon its just a matter of time before his poor behavior shows up at Adelaide if he is still there next season.

Glad to see the back of him TBH.

Hopefully Dekker does a studs up flying kick to his throat with the leg the cnt broke at his next opportunity, a says to him, 'Do you remember this leg you wanker.'

Fk him.

You stay classy.

• Like 2

Just trying to remember if we've had any players prior to Mauk that have left and caused so much heartburn?

Most of the players that have left have basically done so because they have either been shit or are trying a higher level. Can't think of a player making a sideways move to another A League team and being a regular starter.

Maybe Garcia or Thompson.

Hoffman.

I think the point is that none except Mauk seem to have been antagonistic towards City. Almost all have just moved on to a new opportunity with seemingly no hard feelings. However, I did note that Paartalu sent Adelaide a "good luck" message before the semi-final against us.

• Like 1