Melbourne Football

west Sydney

sheepdog

Alright, 2 of us are going up. Don't want to drive cos want to get fuuuuccckkkeeedddd up.

didn't see a thread so wondering if many heads are heading up?

Flights arent cheap, anybody caught train up before? Cost? Experience? Dont need accommodation cos probably wont sleep.

Any suggestions/input would be great. Cheers

Lol. It's a league fastfly and hobart, you guys dont know what its like to fear for your safety at the football. Try dodging darts and coins nsl style.

So who else is going up? Booking plane tickets this week, get match tickets once they come out or can we get away seats as heart members? If we dont get tickets, fuck it im going to sydney anyway

Speaking as someone who did all 4 Sydney trips last season, probably had more trouble at both Sydney FC games then the actual Wanderers game itself tbh.

This.

Definitely have had more trouble at Sydney FC away matches than at WS away matches (have been to every game in Sydney)

Entire RBB walked past us in Parramatta last year and they weren't really aggressive towards us at all.

That said, I will probably just do the SFC match this season because it's easier/money/timing etc.

Flights arent cheap, anybody caught train up before? Cost? Experience? Dont need accommodation cos probably wont sleep.

Any suggestions/input would be great. Cheers

Re. train, it's probably the way to go but it's not ideal. It's a bit of a walk from the stadium to the station, and there is not a lot of pubs in the area to drink at. From memory it takes about 30 mins, can't remember cost though.

Train back to Sydney after the match last year seemed to take forever too and I remember the toilet floor on the train being about 5cm deep in piss.

Alternatively, you could catch a ferry to parramatta (never done this myself though, but i think some victory did last year)

Would definitely recommend staying/spending the night in Sydney CBD or Kings Cross (depending on budget)

Speaking as someone who did all 4 Sydney trips last season, probably had more trouble at both Sydney FC games then the actual Wanderers game itself tbh.

This.

Definitely have had more trouble at Sydney FC away matches than at WS away matches (have been to every game in Sydney)

Entire RBB walked past us in Parramatta last year and they weren't really aggressive towards us at all.

That said, I will probably just do the SFC match this season because it's easier/money/timing etc.

Interesting,

So no event (Interpreted Correctly or Incorrectly by the WSW fans) whatsoever has occured since these matches you guys attended last season that might make the WSW fans now just slightly a bit more hostile towards Travelling MHFC fans at this upcoming fixture??? :hmm:

And FWIW the first match we ever played in Parra was the only time I have ever been at a MH Away Trip that saw the Home Fans (Not RBB just a group of lads) actually came into our bay intent on giving our Capo a slap. This has never happened at any SFC match.

I mean come on lads, I am sure Sheep Dog should be more than fine but we support this team together so for a fellow Heart Fan let’s give him the Whole Complete and more Importantly Up to Date Travel Pamphlet. :up:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Fair point cadete.

But from my experience, being the smaller Melbourne club, Syd always see us as their best chance to get one up and always mob up extra numbers when we're in town.

Don't think Wanderers have that same mentality towards us yet & won't be giving a small group who goes up worse attention then we would get at Syd.

Fair point cadete.

But from my experience, being the smaller Melbourne club, Syd always see us as their best chance to get one up and always mob up extra numbers when we're in town.

Don't think Wanderers have that same mentality towards us yet & won't be giving a small group who goes up worse attention then we would get at Syd.

True - The smaller the group the more likely you will ignored by the Home fans.

This.

Interesting,

So no event (Interpreted Correctly or Incorrectly by the WSW fans) whatsoever has occured since these matches you guys attended last season that might make the WSW fans now just slightly a bit more hostile towards Travelling MHFC fans at this upcoming fixture??? :hmm:

And FWIW the first match we ever played in Parra was the only time I have ever been at a MH Away Trip that saw the Home Fans (Not RBB just a group of lads) actually came into our bay intent on giving our Capo a slap. This has never happened at any SFC match.

I mean come on lads, I am sure Sheep Dog should be more than fine but we support this team together so for a fellow Heart Fan let’s give him the Whole Complete and more Importantly Up to Date Travel Pamphlet. :up:

Sorry, I actually completely forgot about that incident inside the stadium  :lol: 

Still, I don't think WS are as bad as people try to make out and would recommend everyone tries to get there one day to watch a match.

Flights booked. Leave 8am sat morn leave syd 4pm sun.

Website said heart away section was sold out? I didn't get informed of any presale for members so not sure what has happened there? Got tickets in the bay behind heart away so should be pretty sweet anyway.

Re crowd trouble: I did adelaide away with hellas in our last nsl match, had rocks thrown at bus, literally chased out of town. And we lost that match, hate to have seen what they would of done to us had we won. Like I said earlier, its not like they will be throwing darts and coins at us, thats when you shit yourself!

So whos going? Should be a cracker of a trip.

• Like 2

I'm going, flying up sat morning, will catch the ferry again like last year and probably train back after the game. The free transport is a bonus.

I did get tickets today when the window was open for an hour. Will probably sell them for profit after it sells out and buy away bay ones when they come back on sale in a few weeks.

I'm going, flying up sat morning, will catch the ferry again like last year and probably train back after the game. The free transport is a bonus.

I did get tickets today when the window was open for an hour. Will probably sell them for profit after it sells out and buy away bay ones when they come back on sale in a few weeks.

Beers beforehand?

Beers beforehand?

Is the pope catholic?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...