Melbourne Football

Matchday Thread

mus-28

It was a good first half I thought, but didn't reach great heights from there.

Theo fucked up badly for the goal. I thought he should've been out earlier to clear it. Ended up in no man's land and then beaten through his legs.

I don't think there's another player in the league who is as important to their side as Berisha is to Brisbane. Won't play next week which makes a result more likely for us.

And pretty poor crowd considering the sides and all the publicity during the week. Would've expected close to 30,000. I wonder if people stayed home to watch on TV.

Edited by Sash

It was a good first half I thought, but didn't reach great heights from there.

Theo fucked up badly for the goal. I thought he should've been out earlier to clear it. Ended up in no man's land and then beaten through his legs.

I don't think there's another player in the league who is as important to their side as Berisha is to Brisbane. Won't play next week which makes a result more likely for us.

And pretty poor crowd considering the sides and all the publicity during the week. Would've expected close to 30,000. I wonder if people stayed home to watch on TV.

This is the truth if I've ever seen it, they're a completely different team without him. 

But yeah, not as good a crowd as they were anticipating I'm sure.

Yeah Sydney look well off the pace still. But WSW have exactly the same look about them as last year. Apart from Juric I think that team had no changes from last year. And they still look very hard to beat.

Spiranovic and Santalab the other ins, they're even stronger on paper than last season if anything

so far I think sydney the better team, perth only look good in parts mainly through Sydney mistakes although they are 1-0 up from another great call from the referee

Yes, referee Ben Williams decides another game by handing out a penalty. The linesman made the mistake by not giving offside so he was right to play on, as if it wasn't a penalty. Are you guys tripping?

so far I think sydney the better team, perth only look good in parts mainly through Sydney mistakes although they are 1-0 up from another great call from the referee

Yes, referee Ben Williams decides another game by handing out a penalty. The linesman made the mistake by not giving offside so he was right to play on, as if it wasn't a penalty. Are you guys tripping?

I am comming from the situation where he would have been called offside and the whistle blown and even if he did play on and still get taken out technically play has stopped because of the whistle (am not 100% sure on the rules with that) 

but if it wassnt offside originaly, definitly a penalty.

Pretty sure that was offside and might have been handball. The state of refereeing in this league is beyond a joke, it seems like more games are being decided by ref decisions than not.

What's with fox not showing a replay of the offside or handball either but rather the deflection over and over ffs?

so already mv up 1-0 in 9 minutes.

tbh Heart should have done similar shit to the management roles as to what mv have done.

should have johnny as assistant manager and observe an experienced manager do his work and not fucking throw him in the deep end straight after retiring from playing football

Aloisi was youth team coach for a year before getting the senior job.

The board considered him a better option than the Assistant Manager Milicic.

Can't believe nothing's been made of Thompson's opening goal last night, when the ball took the deflection of Traore he was well offside. Instead FOX Sports decided to spend all the time focussing on whether it took a deflection of Durante on its way into the back of the net. 

• Like 1