Melbourne Football

#OneMelburnian

alexiano

How many people are on this forum? 
I am a foundation member but last year i started bringing mates along to games and all five of them have signed up as active members this year, along with that 2 other guys that i spoke to Heart about went to a few games and have also signed up as members!
It's not too hard to get people to sign up you just have to convince them to come to at least one game and they should enjoy it!
Come on Lads the #OneMelburnian campaign last year was excellent so lets all do our bit and try to get a couple of people signed up  B) 

• Like 4

Just launching the #Operation12k hastag in twitter.

This is what is called a stretch target. It means everyone who is a member needs to contribute to make the goal attainable.

The philosophy is simple, but yet, so hard to achieve. I am a strong believer in fans make the club. Right now, if you have bothered to shell out your hard earned for a membership, your passion for this club is obvious. What needs to happen is a culture within our supporters of bringing just one person to the club as a member. 

To be controversial, it's not bloody hard. We all have family members, friends, co-workers, uni mates, school mates etc We all have and walk in our very own circles. To bring just ONE of the people to the club as member should be quite easy.

Like in everything in life, its just a matter of doing.

This is not about me, but people who know me on the forum will let you know that I have brought a whole crew with me last season. People who have met these guys would tell you, they are not your average passionate football fan. They were/are AFL loving fans. I can now tell you, they are as passionate as me in supporting the Heart. In fact, they have led the build up for this years season. 

It goes to show you, that you just do not know who will fall in love with this club. I just think people are too scared to ask!

- I am not gullible to believe that all 6,000 members will bring one person each. It is hard to reach all our members etc, but if I can bring 14 members to the club alone, the passionate amongst us can do the same.

- I am confident 3,000 of our members can be reached and inspired to bring another person to our club, maybe two or three. I know this cause I have seen the passion within our fan base.

- I have no time for small time thinking. 12,000 should be the attainable goal this year. But it requires help from each of you. One person who looks at this and says nah, I can't be bothered makes it that much harder.

So I ask each of you on the forum and who are on twitter and facebook to not only bring a person to the club as a member, but spread the message to every Heart fan you know.

The growth of this club is very important to each of us. Imagine this club not being around? It is up to us to make sure this does not occur. 

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Edited by Melburnian
  • Like 4